Dear Diary

THE ROSES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"I was just wondering, what will life be without this fear with her? 

Fear of being withered whenever she just see a bunch of roses? Why is she so terrified? What happened that night that I don't know about" 

Hendery wrote the same paragraph over and over in his diary. It must be tired, tired of seeing the same confused act of him straight for a while now. 

Hendery closed the door and went back to sleep. The decision to flee to beijing to be a comedian  had tired him out. 

After all that happened with him past few years, life has already made him a clown. So he just accepted the challenge to make himself wear the crown. 

But it wasn't as easy as he thought. Life kept playing with him, and he's still incompatible to stand up for it. A naive and troubled youth. His days were filled with searching for part time jobs. And nights thinking about the past. 

Her. 

Them. 

That night. 

He tried to distract himself from negativity but they weren't just negative thoughts but pages of himself. 

Losing people whom you treasured isn't something easy to forget. Or Is it? 

As life moved on, 

He completely tried to ignore her. The only existing person other than him in the chain. Couldn't give a call back home or ask for her. She's suffering just the same as him. Or more. Enquiries could just stir up trouble. 

Universities opens soon. He's still in his student phase. Can't just miss out studies to follow some baseless passion. But his parents were in a strike to bring him back to Macau, where he belonged. He didn't wanna go back there. 

There, 

where the deepest whimpers of his life lays. He opposed everytime only for them to come up with another argument. Moving to korea. 

But why? Why should I go there? I don't even know the language. 

None of the arguments stood a chance. But it's a better option than Macau. Macau stays in his darkest dreams. 

After a long period of persuading him, his parents and sisters succeeded. Hendery enrolled for colleges in sk. Whatever the major is, he just wanted to escape reality and pasts. 

After the long flight from Beijing to South Korea, he started of to college few days later. 

Only to find out the reason why his whole family did this to him. 

Hendery couldn't confront his reality. The one person who he never wanted to meet again, the one person whom he ran away from, but the one person who he cares for the most. 

Rubin. She was there near the notice board. Her hair tied loose, see through bangs wavering. Her denims the same color as her eyes. Blue. Vividly blue. 

 

Should I expect something? Shall I go there? Or avoid her? Or should I just flee again? Thoughts crawled up in his mind as he saw her approaching. 

"Hey" 

What! She remember me now? Her memories came back-

No way. I-

He started panicking. With happiness, guilt, regrets, sadness, mixed emotions. 

"H-  Hey. How-" 

"You were in the hospital with me right? You're not from here right? I kinda feel like I've seen you somewhere before. If you're a student here, would you mind showing where the arts building is?" 

 

H-

Huh-

Together at The hospital? Sort of remember me? Arts bulidi-

What did I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter