FOUR

LOVING YOU SILENTLY (YET DANGEROUSLY)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FOUR

– HOW THE SECRET REVEALED ONE BY ONE –

 

 

1 AM – I AM

 

 

 

 

LIFE was going normal for a while. D.O already discharged after two weeks spent his day in the boring white cell. Like what Sehun would like to emphasize it. just like that, the three friends keep their disguise and lessen their spy life to avoid being suspicious. They will only on duty if they were really needed. That’s all. Other than that, they devoted all their time at EXODUS CORPORATION.

 

“Now that, Irene, Kai and your husband already know that we are not really practical student, what should we do?” D.O asked curiously when the trio spent their time together. It’s a rare time where Baekhyun going to his old apartment before he married Chanyeol. The taller surprisingly let Baekhyun to have some break outside with his friends and the smaller happily did it. If that’s not shocking enough, Irene also told Baekhyun that Chanyeol let Sehun and D.O to be with him for the entire day.

 

“I don’t really know what to do at the moment. Mr. Park is not here to defend the three of us.” Baekhyun admitted worriedly. Despite being happy with Chanyeol slightly loosen up around him, he can’t help but to think maybe this is the taller way to trap him.

 

“Hey, talking about Mr. Park. I was doing the usual autopsy on his body two days ago and trust me when I found something interesting on him.” Sehun suddenly said as his two hyung look at him curiously. Baekhyun nodded gesturing the younger to continue. Sehun smirk.

 

“Here.” The younger fished out his IPhone opening his gallery and passed it to both D.O and Baekhyun. It’s a picture of Mr. Park shoulder. With a little scratch from nail on it.

 

“Where did this scratch come from? And, it looks new.” D.O is the first one to start the interrogation. Sehun smirk proudly with a nod.

 

“You guess it right, hyung. But, where did it come from? I still figure it out. Baekhyun hyung, do you maybe know something? Does Mr. Park have females that hate him?” Baekhyun quickly shook his head at the question still examining the photo.

 

“No, I know my father-in-law. He didn’t have any other woman except Madam Park. Even far away to have a mistress.” The smaller answered confidently. Sehun nodded in understanding. They almost dropping out the topic when Baekhyun suddenly stare deeply at Sehun.

 

“When is the time you did the autopsy?”

 

“Sharp at 3.00 pm. Why?” Sehun furrowed his eyebrow at the sudden suspicious look on Baekhyun and even more curious when the older get up from his seat.

 

“Then, have you done the autopsy today?” Sehun shook his head as he also gets up with D.O. Baekhyun sure have something devious played in his head based on the smirk he gave.

 

“Let’s have the autopsy today, shall we?” The question came out too playfully for Sehun and D.O liking but they still follow the puppy with his plan. The three of them get in Sehun’s dark blue sport Mercedes Benz.

 

“So Baek, mind to tell me what’s in your mind?” D.O asked carefully while scrolling on his Samsung Galaxy J7 carelessly. Baekhyun shrugged.

 

“Like I said, doing the autopsy. Right, Sehun? Since you said, you haven’t done it for today, isn’t it?” He nudged the younger beside him on the ribs. Sehun rolled his eyes although he still focused on the road. Letting Baekhyun sit at the shotgun is not a good idea. Arriving at the hospital, they went straight to Mr. Park ward at 25th floor only to find the two guards that S.S.I.K appointed is standing far away from the older man ward. Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrow coldly.

 

“What are you guys doing here? Didn’t I told you to guard the ward 24/7?” He asked curtly and the two big guys nodded seriously.

 

“We know, but, Madam Park is visiting with Miss Helena and they asked us to wait here since they said it’s awkward having another people when they are visiting.” Baekhyun nodded as the excuse is logical enough. The three moves towards the ward and another shock was given to them. Chanyeol, Kai and Irene is also there but they just standing outside the ward. Chanyeol and Baekhyun stare at each other for a second with an unreadable eye until D.O break the silent.

 

“What –…” But, he was stopped when Baekhyun put up his right hand a little as a sign to be silent. D.O nodded curtly respecting the request. The three friends slowly approached the ward but no one intended to get in. The six of them only stand there quietly.

 

“You see, Mr. Park. I can’t help but to feel very sympathy with you. Your wife, both of your sons never really visited you when it’s already three weeks you lying helplessly here.” Baekhyun, Sehun and D.O look at each other with wrinkle forehead. While, Chanyeol, Kai and Irene just silent without any emotion.

 

“That’s Helena’s voice.” Sehun whispered curtly getting a nod from Baekhyun as the smaller shoved his right hand to the younger. Sehun nodded in understanding as he fished something out from his black skinny jeans. A recorder. Chanyeol and his two friends look at the other quietly.

 

“D.O, do you have your work phone with you?” D.O nodded and Baekhyun smirk turning on the recorder.

 

“Good, I need you to record it using your phone. As a backup.” The other followed the order as what Baekhyun want. Baekhyun then fished out his phone calling Chanyeol. It’s a relief because Chanyeol always kept his phone silent and Baekhyun is proud to know about that particular habit of his husband.

 

“Since we can’t talk loudly right now, may I know where’s Mom?” He started immediately. Chanyeol motion at something behind him. The three agents look behind and saw the toilet sign. Just like that, Baekhyun nodded and cut the call.

 

“The toilet is a bit far from the ward and that took advantage from it.” D.O spoke getting a curt nod from both Sehun and Baekhyun. And, that’s when everything went totally quiet and Baekhyun let all the conversation recorded with Chanyeol watch him intently.

 

“I guess the attack isn’t good enough to make you die, but, that’s okay! We called it a game for a reason, right?” A mocking chuckle could be heard after that.

 

“Aww… You know, Mr. Park. Bit by bit, your beloved son-in-law had showed us his true self. He took quite some time to unleash that side of him.” Helena words got Baekhyun and Chanyeol look at each other with the same unreadable eye again.

 

“You should have known better than to go against me, Mr. Park. You should’ve just let it when Aunty want me to be Chanyeol’s wife but, no. You choose that puppy instead.” Baekhyun bulged his eyes in disbelief while Sehun, D.O, Kai and Irene holding themselves from laughing. He blushes when Chanyeol smirk at him.

 

“I’m not a puppy for God sake!” He hissed getting a teasing nod from both Sehun and D.O. He glared at D.O when the latter patted his head with an innocent smile.

 

“Sure, Baekhyunnie. You’re not a puppy.” Baekhyun pouted huffing a little adding the cuteness. Forgetting that Chanyeol is there watching him in amusement.

 

“Anyway, my father said ‘Hi’ to you and I’m just a messenger. I think that’s all. Aunty will be here anytime and I don’t want to taint her mind about me. She’s just a naïve old woman. I better get going now to search for her and pretending to be the sweet girl again. See you later.” With that, Baekhyun turn off the recorder. He then gave a last look to Chanyeol. Before Helena walk out from the ward, Baekhyun nodded to Chanyeol, Kai and Irene for the last time before walk away with his friends. From afar, he could hear Helena happy girly voice once she saw Chanyeol.

 

“Chanyeol! Visiting your Dad? I’m here with Aunty but she’s in toilet! You can stay here for a second with me while waiting for her.” Chanyeol didn’t answer, instead, he let his eyes lingered on the retreated shadow in front of him with a curious eye.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“MR. BYUN, Chairman Park want you to be his secretary starting from today.” Baekhyun snapped his head almost immediately looking at Irene in disbelief. The girl standing there with all her confident glory.

 

“What do you mean Chairman Park want me to be his secretary? Isn’t he already have you? Why do he want me?”

 

“Because he wants you. Simply as that.” Baekhyun gaped. What kind of answer is that? Chanyeol didn’t say anything to him this morning. Well, because they wake up at a different time but, the taller can at least tell him last night or more specifically, before he told Irene.

 

“But –…”

 

“Pack your things now, Mr. Byun.” Baekhyun pouted knowing he had no words anymore. Besides, for the other workers, he’s just Byun Baekhyun. No one in the company know that he’s already married with their Chairman. Thanks to Chanyeol who might embarrassed to call him husband. And thanks to him also, the staffs will start badmouth him.

 

“I wonder what he did for our Chairman to choose as the secretary when it’s clear Irene done her job perfectly.”

 

“What else did he used? His so-called perfect body of course! Who doesn’t know our Chairman? A 24/7 er. Baekhyun look able every day and that’s what the get. High position without having to struggle like us. He’s just a practical student yet, he got to be our Chairman secretary only after 4 months working here.” Baekhyun sighed weakly. It’s already start. He knows that Irene heard it clearly because the ex-secretary standing right beside him. And, of course. When Irene know about it, Chanyeol will also know about it.

 

“Please don’t tell him about it. Besides, it’s not that important.” Baekhyun said curtly right after they walk out from his old department only to get a disbelief scoff from Irene. They got in the elevator and Irene push the 35th floor button.

 

“You telling me what I should do, Byun? With that kind of voice? You should know that you have a lot to answer when we arrived his office. I’m no longer his secretary. I’ll be Kai’s since that brat said his previous secretary work like .”

 

“Why you never work at a better d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter