EIGHT

LOVING YOU SILENTLY (YET DANGEROUSLY)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER EIGHT

– START ALL OVER AGAIN –


 


 

NCT DREAM – 7 DAYS


 


 


 


 

3 YEARS LATER…

PARK’S RESIDENCY


 


 

“MASTER Park, the dinner is ready. Do you –…”


 

“I’m not hungry. Just let my parent eat first. Tell them don’t wait for me.” Chanyeol cold voice is enough to make the maid obey him. He sighed loudly feeling all the office works suddenly getting too much for him.


 

“I swear this position will be the death of me.” He grumbled frustratingly although his hand still busy finishing all the works. He flinched a little when his IPhone 7 ringing crazily just beside his laptop. Glancing at the caller, Chanyeol groaned knowing what the person on the other line want. He lazily picks up the call.


 

“Hey Chan –…”


 

“Sehun, ing stop, okay? If you calling me just to say that you arranged a blind date for me, then I don’t want to hear it. I told you and the other, isn’t it? I don’t have time for a serious relationship.”


 

“But, hyung, the other were all okay about it. They totally approved my choice this time saying that he’s the best for you!” Chanyeol sighed when Sehun started whining in his ears. It’s all happen without he realized. The tragedy 3 years ago make him, Kai, Irene, Sehun and D.O become closer than they all expected. Sehun and D.O still with their job at S.S.I.K and often hearing Chanyeol, Kai and Irene lecturing them to stop because the job is dangerous.


 

“Whether it’s a ‘he’ or ‘she’, my answer is still the same, Oh Sehun. I don’t want to –…”


 

“Is it because you still can’t forget Sogogi hyung? That’s why?” It suddenly awkward in the line. Chanyeol calmly cleared his throat trying to ignoring the hard pain in his chest.


 

“Sehun, hyung have to go now. I’ve got lot of things to do. Talk to you later.”


 

“Chanyeol hyung, you know it’s impossible for you to wait until now, right? I just… Baekhyun hyung will be sad if he knows that you can’t let him go. It’s already three years.”


 

“Okay, I admit that I still hoping he’s still alive but Sehun, I’m also serious when I said that I can’t commit to any relationship at the moment. It’s not… easy… for me to move on. The moment that I believe in love again, it turns out that my husband is actually an agent, a killer. And, when I thought everything will be alright, he’s gone. Just like that. I don’t even get to say how I really appreciate and love him.” Chanyeol long words make Sehun silent all over. He can’t find a right answer to reply to the older. In the end, the young agent just apologizes for forcing him and cut the call. Chanyeol sighed tiredly as his eyes flew to the picture frame on his work desk. His and Baekhyun wedding picture. Smiling slightly, Chanyeol caress the picture.


 

“It’s surprising but I miss you. I guess I’ll never replace you with anyone.” He mumbled himself. He was about to continue his work when his private office door suddenly open.


 

“Chanyeol.” Mr. Park greet him with a soft smile. The old woman silently takes a sit on the chair across Chanyeol.


 

“Hey Appa, have you eaten?” Mr. Park nodded with a small smile.


 

“It saddening me and your mom to eat alone when we have a son with us.” Chanyeol chuckled a little in amusement at his father playful sulky tone.


 

“I’m sorry. I just don’t feel hungry and there’s a lot of work that I need to settle.” He said apologetically. He looks up in confuse when Mr. Park close the document he currently checking.


 

“You have to take a break. Don’t torture yourself like this. Kai and Irene told me how Sehun want to matchmaking you but you reject it right away. D.O also called me to whine about how you don’t have time for them anymore.” Chanyeol chuckled for the second time. Of course. The four of them will be a team to go against him.


 

“I’ve been busy with new project lately. It’s not that I don’t want to hangouts with them.” Chanyeol shrugged as if it’s a normal thing for him. Mr. Park rolled his eyes dramatically.


 

“I’m sure Baekhyun will be doing the same as me if you answer it like that. Ugh! I hate having a cold and boring son. That midget also taking too much time to come home.” Mr. Park grumbled mysteriously.


 

“What is it, Appa?”


 

“Huh? Nothing. I just… err… nothing! Well, continue with your work then. I’ll be going now! Wouldn’t want to disturb you finishing everything, right? So that you can go out with the others again! Bye!” With that, Mr. Park quickly make his way out from Chanyeol private office. Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrow at his father sudden suspicious attitude but in the end he just shrugged. While Mr. Park sighed in relief loudly feeling extremely stupid because of his unnecessary panic behaviour.


 

“Gosh, I almost let myself get caught with that bratty tall! I need to call Irene!” He said and clumsily touched his phone screen for a several time.


 

“Oh, hello Uncle. Why is it?”


 

“Actually, I’m feeling kind of frustrated with Chanyeol. Sehun and D.O still didn’t say anything to you or Kai?” Irene chuckled.


 

“No, they didn’t say anything to us besides the recovery took longer than we expected. He need to undergo the training from below to check if his body is still good or still need other procedure. Big Boss love him too much to just let him out here without any precaution.” Mr. Park can only sigh with a nod although he knows Irene can’t see him.


 

“Well, I guess I have to survive with this bratty for a little more.” Both of them chuckled knowing how Chanyeol really is.


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 

“UP! DOWN! UP! DOWN! DO IT AGAIN FROM THE START! UP! DOWN! UP! AND, DOWN! ONE MORE –…”


 

“Can we stop for a moment? I need a break! Like, really need it! I’ve been doing the squats for almost 2 hours!” The trainer sighed heavily with the complaint as he rolled his eyes.


 

“Ugh! Why do you have to complaint so much? Well, they told me not to tell you but if it makes you feel better, your training will end soon. I don’t know when but Big Boss already approved that you are perfectly recover.” The trainer once again rolled his eyes when he’s met with an extremely sparkling eyes.


 

“Really? All this stupid training will be end soon? Do I have to go to the Health Department for a check-up?”


 

“That, I will tell you if I have the date but –…”


 

“We’ll have an hour break, right? I want to go out to buy something to eat. I’m ing hungry! Besides, it’s already two, he must be done with his lunch and reducing the risk of him finding me.” The soft voice grumbled the last sentence silently. The trainer furrowed his eyebrow in confusion before he realizes everything.


 

“Wait! When did I give you an hour break? You still have –…” The trainer can’t even finish his sentence when he was left alone in the training room just like that. His chest heaved up and down in annoyance.


 

“BYUN BAEKHYUN! YOU WILL GET IT FROM ME WHEN YOUR STUPID ONE HOUR FINISH!” Baekhyun can only laugh at the threat as he happily skips out from S.S.I.K headquarter to find himself something to eat. Getting his Samsung Galaxy S8 from his sweatpants pocket, Baekhyun quickly find D.O number in his contact list.


 

“Hey D.O! Are you and Sehun free right now?”


 

“Well, we’re currently eating lunch with Mrs. Park, Kai and Irene. Without Chanyeol. Want to join us?” Baekhyun eyes lit up at the invitation although he had to admit that he’s a little down when D.O bring up Chanyeol name.


 

“Really? I can join you guys? But, I’m stink and sticky because I just run out from the trainer right after he gave me a short break. He’s angry right now but I have one hour with me to waste.” D.O chuckled knowing how Baekhyun will cutely whine whenever it comes to training and exercising. The older had his own way in exercising but it’s not fix so, when the Big Boss fixed it for him, he hates it.


 

“Sure, just come at the café we always hangout before. It will be safe since it’s far from the company and Chanyeol.”


 

“Alright. I will be there in 10.” After that, Baekhyun just end the call and happily walk to the said destination. Along the lonely walk, Baekhyun can’t help but to remember everything happened three years ago.


 

“I wonder if he even remembers me since we never have a good relationship. Three years is too long! I should have protest it when Big Boss want to hide me for three years!” He winced thinking about the possibi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter