chapter two

Gamer Gurl (Choi Soobin TXT)

Soobin knocks at Taehyun's door, the younger is writing something at his desk when Soobin pops his head in. 

"Tae, can you do me a favor?" he asks stepping in to the room. Taehyun looks up from his work and closes the notebook. 

"Sure, what is it? Do you need another player for Among Us?" Soobin shakes his head. 

"No, actually, last night, remember when we were playing Kill Switch..." Tae laughs a little.

"Oh, you mean when you finally got beat by someone better than you? Twice!" he smiles thinking back to how annoyed Soobin had been. 

"Yeah, that. Well, the person who beat me- the girl who beat me- is on Weverse." he says.

"How do you know?"

"Sort of odd but she was playing again tonight, and Kai came to tell me while I was doing my VLive, and I mentioned her. Then, she messaged during the VLive." he tries to explain. 

"How do you know it was her?"

"Apart from the user name, I have this feeling it was her."

"Wait, she was on VLive and playing the game?" Soobin nods his head.

"Yeah but that isn't even the weirdest part. She came on Weverse and tagged me in a post and I got an alert on my phone." Taehyun's face wrinkles. 

"It doesn't alert me for every hashtag with my name."

"Me either! That's the thing. This one alerted me. I don't know how. And I want to know how she managed to do that."

"Is she sasaeng?" he looks at Soobin concerned. 

"I don't think so. She just seems to enjoy teasing me because she beat me at Kill Switch, but I want to know how to contact her." he looks to Taehyun. "I need your help."

"My help? What can I do?" 

"You know how to get into the admin account for us on Weverse. I was hoping you could look her up and give me her email address." Tae looks at him suspiciously, his eyes narrow. 

"What are you going to do with it?" 

"I don't know exactly, but I'd feel better if I wasn't just waiting for her next contact." Tae thinks about it for a moment and then turns back to his desk. 

"Ok, give me a little time and I'll see what I can find for you." He opens his laptop as Soobin bows a thank you and leaves him alone in the room. 

He walks past the others in the Living room and goes straight to his own room. He shuts the door and thinks about what he might do if he had the email address. Would he challenge her to a game? Should he even let on that he has her email? Maybe he should wait until she gives him a reason to use it. He shudders at the thought of what she might be able to do, if she was actually not a fan, or worse, a sasaeng. 

***

Soobin sits up in bed, listening to the others still awake in the Living room playing games. He can't sleep, but not because they're being too loud. He's still wondering if it's right to get Taehyun to look into the account of GamerGurl. That could be considered low key creepy, particularly if she ends up being a kid. He shivers at the thought in his head. 

He sits down at his desk and pulls out his phone. If he had another way to contact her, where he could be sure it really was her, he would.  He thinks about it and an idea comes to him. She used GamerGurl on three different sites, maybe she uses it other places. He hovers his thumb over Twitter and Instagram apps on the screen thinking, Debating in his head. He's disturbed by a soft tapping at his door. 

"Yeah?" he calls as Taehyun opens the door. 

"Still awake hyung?" He steps into the room closing the door. He sits on the bed behind Soobin as he swivels his chair around to face him. 

"Yeah, I'm a little restless."

"I wanted to let you know that I found some info on GamerGurl." Soobin's eyes grow wide. He leans closer to him.

"Is she a kid?" he whispers worriedly. Taehyun smiles, laughing a little. 

"No, her birthdate on weverse says she's 18." 

"And she is a she?"

"Yeah, I mean, people can lie, but don't usually since it's connected to her MOA membership."

Soobin smiles to himself. "She's MOA?" he says, almost to himself. 

"I have an email address listed." He holds up a folded piece of paper in front of him. Soobin stares at it, thinking about how much he wants the address but before he can reach for it, Taehyun pulls it back closer to his chest. "But first I want to know why this is so important to you?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why does it matter who she is? I mean it's just a game right?" Soobin stands and sits next to Taehyun on the bed. 

"I guess that's true. I wasn't that bothered getting beat at the time, but now that she's been on weverse and the VLive I have this idea I should find her first before-" he pauses, thinking. 

"Before she finds you?" Taehyun asks. Soobin thinks for a moment, then nods. 

"Yeah, exactly." Taehyun holds out the piece of paper. Soobin reaches for it, touching the paper before pulling it from his hand. 

"Just don't take any risks," Taehyun says. "It is still possible she works for BigHit even if she's 18 and MOA, and you don't want to get into trouble." Soobin nods. He understands Taehyun's concerns. 

"I will be careful." He pulls the paper from his hand and holds it closed until Taehyun gets up to leave the room. When the door shuts he opens the paper and looks at the email.

'[email protected]'

"Park Min Ji huh?" he says out loud, smiling. "What am I going to do with this information?" He thinks over some possibilities as he lays back on his bed, staring up at the ceiling.