chapter one

Gamer Gurl (Choi Soobin TXT)

Heuningkai rushes into the VLive room interrupting Soobin in the middle of his broadcast. He stops in the doorway to watch him, sat down at the desk eating ice cream. Soobin acknowledges the younger and smiles.

"I'm doing a VLive, did you know?" He motions for Heuningkai to come in and sit on the bed behind him. He sits just barely out of the view of the camera, his legs still visible. "Why did you rush in here?" he asks him, taking a big scoop of his chocolate chip. Heuningkai looks at the camera and then back to Soobin. 

"I wanted you to play a game with me," 

"What game?" 

"The one you like, Kill Switch," he says smiling. 

"I can't play that game now, I'm on VLive for another 20 minutes," he explains. 

Heuningkai shakes his head. "But that girl is on," he says looking awkwardly to the camera unsure if he should say anymore.  Soobin looks at the camera, also thinking the same thing but he's too curious. 

"What girl? The one from the other night?" he asks for clarification. The younger nods and Soobin continues. "The one who beat me?" He nods again.  Soobin turns to the screen, "We were playing the game the other night and this user came into the room
and took everyone out. It's like she had a secret map to the game and she knew just where to be to eliminate us one by one," he says. 

Heuningkai looks at the camera and nods.  "Yeah, she was really good. Better than any of us." Soobin looks at the screen flashing messages from MOA their fan base. 

He reads one out loud, "How do you know it's a she?" he reads and looks to Heuningkai, "I guess we don't exactly know. We all just decided it must be a she from the profile name, GamerGurl," he takes another spoonful of the ice cream. He looks up at the messages flying fast on the screen. He sees one, points it out to Heuningkai and then looks back at the camera as he repeats, "How do you know she isn't watching you right now?" They look at each other and Heuningkai leans in to the shot. 

"She's playing the game right now, Beomgyu is on, so she isn't watching VLive. She might not even be MOA," he says. He reads some of the responses, scanning through the usual declarations of love to see another response. He reads it out loud. "Can't she do both?" They look at each other and then back at the camera.  Soobin leans in closer to the camera as he looks at the screen with a very serious expression. "Are you on VLive GamerGurl?" 

He scans the responses, waiting, waiting, reading, they're going by so quickly.  He focuses on the screen and looks shocked. He turns to Heuningkai and they both stare at each other in shock. 

"Yes," he repeats what he's read. He drops his spoon. Kai leans in to see the screen and Soobin covers the mic as he speaks in muffled tones to Heuningkai quickly. He turns back to the camera and looks up at it. "GamerGurl, you're the only one who has ever beaten me at that game, stay in the game, I'll come on." He nods to Heuningkai who quickly leaves the room yelling for Beomgyu. 

"I have to end this V Live early. I'm sorry, I'll try to come back again tomorrow but I'm going to play Kill Switch now if you want to try to join, the room code is Frenzy."

He shuts off the camera as he stands quickly to leave the room. He rushes to the shared Living space where he sees Heuningkai has joined Beomgyu on the couch as he plays in the game on the big monitor. 

An alert pops up on his phone from weverse just as he sits down. He's tagged in a post but he isn't sure why. It doesn't usually alert him when MOA tags. He looks down at his phone and opens the message: "Don't you know I'm everywhere?" It says, the user name is GamerGurl. He shows his alert to Beomgyu and Kai. 

"That will just be MOA changing their username to get your attention," Beomgyu reasons. Soobin looks back at the phone screen and frowns. 

"Maybe," he bites his lip thinking before putting the phone down. "But why am I suddenly getting alerts from weverse?" He works the game controller as Kai watches them. 

"There's too many people coming into the room now, don't we have a limit ?" He asks Beomgyu. He shakes his head. 

"I don't think I set one I was just playing anonymously." 

They watch Soobin expertly navigate through the game, laser focused and unbothered by the chat flying up the side of the screen. Kai and Beomgyu try to read through the chats but they're moving too fast. 

"Have you seen any messages from her?" Soobin asks over his shoulder.

"No, the chat is too fast, I can't tell," Beomgyu says still trying to read the scroll. 

"There!" Heuningkai shouts pointing, he runs to the screen to try to show them. "2 many stans. CU tomorrow,"

Soobin tosses the controller aside letting his character drop. 

"Why did you do that you were winning?" Beomgyu asks.

"It's not a win if I can't beat her." 

"Beat who?" Yeonjun comes into the living room and sits down with his band mates. 

Heuiningkai turns to him. "That user who beat Soobin yesterday at Kill
Switch, she was on again but she left because there were too many people playing."

"Aww man, she was good too." Yeonjun notices Soobin is disappointed. 

"Yeah, now he doesn't want to play," Beomgyu says. 

"I want to beat her, she's so good and I want to know who she is," he says looking back at his friends. 

"What do you mean 'who'?" Kai asks. 

"How can she be everywhere at the same time? Don't you think she must work at BigHit? I mean how is she on Weverse, VLive and Kill Switch practically at the same time? And how does she know I'm on?" he says shaking his head. 

"So you mean, you thinks she's targeting you?" Yeonjun asks. Soobin looks at the other members. 

"I don't know, it sounds weird but, yeah, sort of. I wish we could figure out who she is. We should ask Taehyun, he's good at working this kind of stuff out." The members nod and Kai stands up. 

"I'll go ask him if he can't find her info from Weverse. If she's MOA we should have information on her account," he says. 

"Wait," Beomgyu stops him, "Is that right to do, I mean wouldn't he be looking at private information?" He looks at the others to see if they understand. 

"I just want to know how to contact her, I don't need any other information," Soobin says, but in his mind he isn't sure he's being honest about that. He really does want to know about her, and not just so he can beat her at Kill Switch.

"I'll ask him." he says, standing up, leaving the others to the game.