chapter four

Gamer Gurl (Choi Soobin TXT)

He sits down in the make up chair next to Yeonjun who is having his foundation applied. The young woman working on Yeonjun is focusing hard on applying the make up with a sponge and Soobin studies her, wondering. This will drive him crazy if he starts to wonder if every female he sees today could really be her. He tries to shake it off and leans back as the woman he's worked with many times approaches him with her make up kit.

"How are you today?" She smiles at him.

"I'm good, thank you Mi-sun Noona," he smiles back up at her reflection. She shakes her head studying his reflection in the large mirror.

"No, you look tired. Did you not sleep well?" She frowns and turns to examine the circles under his eyes closer.

"I did stay up late, I guess I'm a little tired," he explains as she begins to apply concealer under his eyes.

"You kids always up late on the video games," she says as if talking to herself. His eyes pop open and he looks at her, a little panic runs through him as he wonders if this could be her. He swallows hard.

"I don't do that Noona, why would you think that?" he asks cautiously. She shakes her head again as she concentrates on blending in the foundation to the concealer.

"Ei," she exclaims throwing her hands up, "my niece, same thing, always online playing games: games, games, tweeting. Whatever." She starts applying the powder with a stiff brush, he grimaces a little at the discomfort as she works quickly. "It's such a waste of time, when there is so much to do." He thinks about what she's said, lots of younger people play games, and manage to do a lot of work as well. He closes his eyes to prevent the powder from irritating them and sits back to wait until she's finished.

When he's finished with make up, he brushes some of the powder off his stiff jacket and steps up to join some of the other members near the set. The photographer is shouting loudly, chastising someone working lighting equipment and they watch the altercation from the side of the set. The photographer's assistant quickly comes over to them to apologize, embarrassed for the display. She steps up in front of Soobin and he looks down at her, and smiles at her small, pretty face. She reaches up and wipes a little of the powder off his collar, absentmindedly then pulls her hand back quickly when she realizes. 

"I'm sorry for the delay. It will just be a few minutes more," she says very apologetically, her voice soft and low. She drops her eyes from his, her lashes are thick and dark and her cheeks have a rosy glow. She bows her head slightly as she steps backwards away from them. Soobin watches her, smiling at how pretty she looks. He looks over to notice Taehyun, who has just stepped out of the wardrobe room. He grins at him.

"You look good," he compliments his friend. Taehyun smiles. 

"Yes, I do." He laughs and straightens up a little in his fancy jacket. "Hyung, did you ever message that user?" he asks. Soobin leans in close to him.

"No, Yeonjun told me I should wait. I said I would wait and see if she contacts me again, but look what I got a little while ago." He pulls out his phone and shows him the post on weverse, having to scan through many tagged images to find it. Taehyun takes the phone and looks through it.

"Hmm," he mumbles, thinking. "She must like you with blue hair."

"That's what Yeonjun said, but I had just been talking about changing my hair a minute before I saw this post." He raises his eyebrows to emphasize it's importance.

"But, that could be a coincidence. I mean, she didn't make you go on weverse right at that moment, it could have been there for a while and have nothing to do with you talking about changing your hair," he reasons. 

In his mind, Soobin knows this is true, but something is still bothering him about it. He looks around the studio, not recognizing anyone in this room as being in the other space at all. It is pretty unlikely that Gamer Gurl - Min-ji, is actually here with them. He looks over at the photographer's assistant who is rushing along beside him to copy down his orders. She has short silky hair cut in a bob and such pretty eyes. I sure wish it was her though. He sighs at the idea and smiles. He stifles a laugh.

Heuningkai interrupts his thoughts. "What are you smiling about hyung?" Soobin laughs again, blushing, embarrassed. He doesn't want to say, but that only makes the rest of them turn and look at him.

"Now I have to know what you were thinking," Beomgyu laughs, stepping closer. Soobin shakes his head.

"No, it's nothing." He continues to shake his head, and he covers his smile with his hand.

"Tell us!" Yeonjun joins in. He realizes this will continue until he agrees to tell them so he takes a deep breath.

"It's nothing really. I was just thinking that I wish Gamer Gurl looked like her," he shyly indicates to the photographer's assistant who is now on her phone reading off a list from her notepad. She stands leaning over on a high table, tapping her pencil against her bottom lip as she listens on the phone. Beomgyu laughs at him.

"Yeah, sure, because you'd be that lucky," he teases and Soobin smiles shyly, trying not to blush as his friends laugh at him.