chapter three

Gamer Gurl (Choi Soobin TXT)

Soobin hears a soft tap on his door and looks up from his bed to see
Yeonjun in the doorway. 

"Taehyun said he found your gamer gurl." He stays hovering in the door way until Soobin sits up on the bed. He holds the piece of paper up. Yeonjun steps into the room. "I just wanted to say don't reach out tonight." Soobin looks at him confused. 

"Why not hyung?" He hadn't considered actually sending her an email tonight but he's curious. 

"Just think about it for a day, and decide if it's worth it. I mean, you said yourself, it's just a game."

"But don't you think it's weird she can be in the game, on weverse and VLive at the same time?" Yeonjun thinks for a moment. 

"What if it's more than one person?" Soobin's eyes get wide. He hadn't considered that.

"So you mean she's in the game, but other people are chatting? What about her weverse account?"

"You can change your nickname in weverse, why couldn't it be just a fan who wants to be noticed by you? She could have been on VLive when you mentioned the username and changed her weverse name." He thinks over what Yeonjun is suggesting. It is a possibility.

"Beomgyu said something similar." He nods agreeing. "I won't try to contact her, not yet. I was half considering just waiting to see if she actually shows up again." Yeonjun stands up, satisfied.

"Want to play another game?"

"Sure, anything but Kill Switch," he smiles. "I'll be right out." Yeonjun leaves and Soobin opens the paper with the email address on it. He runs his thumb across her name. "Your move Min-ji." He sets the piece of paper down on his desk and follows after Yeonjun to join the others. 

***
He wakes the next morning, to the sound of an alert on his phone. He rubs his eyes, trying to identify what time it is from the angle of the sunlight coming through his window. He listens, but the house is quiet so it must be early. He looks through his covers to find the phone and checks the screen.

It's 7:05am and the alert is from the company. It's photo shoot day, and the car will pick them all up in less than an hour. He groans. He doesn't mind photo shoots, but he can't help but feel just a little disappointed that there is no new alert from her. He stares at the folded piece of paper with her email address on his desk before pushing off the covers and getting up to wake the others.

***

Each member empties out of the large black car in front of BigHit headquarters. There is a small gathering of people waiting to see them. Generally, they are there waiting for any of the BigHit groups to happen to show up, but today several of them have MOA signs and he smiles and waves. 

"Hey, look, its MOA." Heuningkai says excited. "Maybe one of them is your Gamer Gurl," he suggests. The idea wouldn't have occurred to him before, but, now he considers it.  She does seem to know more about his schedule than the average fan...maybe...

The girls shout and jump up and down to get their attention and they wander over as a group, with security, to greet the waiting girls. Yeonjun poses for pictures with some of them. Beomgyu seems to be already deep in conversation with one.  He smiles at several girls wearing cute headbands and wearing T-shirts with his picture on it.  They hold out notepads for him to sign and as he signs, he looks at each girl, searching her eyes to see if there is even a glint of recognition, or a smirk of knowing.  They just smile back, dropping their eyes embarrassed, happy to be able to share this moment. He waves goodbye as they are ushered into the building lobby and taken to the floor where their photo shoot will take place.

Soobin sits down in the hairdressers chair when it's his turn and he pulls out his phone to scan it as she starts to style his blue hair. 

"Are we changing the color today?" she asks, looking at the roots on his head.

"I hope soon, but not today. This matches so well with Yeonjun hyung's hair," he responds smiling over at Yeonjun's beautiful pink and blonde hair as he sits in the make up chair next to him. He's eager to get it back to it's natural dark color, the blue being too much work to keep it up, but he'll do this one last photo shoot with the blue and then see about changing it. 

He looks back to the screen in his hands and opens weverse. There is a post he's tagged in with 5-6 different images of him with blue hair.  He clicks on the post, curious at the timing, and sees it's from Gamer Gurl! 

He nearly drops the phone, he sits up quickly in his chair, exclaiming,  "Yeonjun hyung!" He hands the phone over to him, and Yeonjun takes it and studies it curiously.

"So, she likes your hair blue," he says. He shrugs it off. 

"We were just talking about changing it, just now." He looks around the room at the people rushing in and out. With five members needing hair, make up and wardrobe there are always a lot of people around. He tries to see if anyone is watching him, noticing him, but everyone seems to be focused on their own work.  The woman doing his styling sprays his hair, and indicates that he is ready for make up now.  He looks at her in the reflection from the mirror, wondering if it could be her.  But she's  definitely not paid a bit of attention to him since he sat down other than to his hair. It couldn't be her anyway, she's likely too old to play games online and post on weverse. He frowns.