Chapter 4

We Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: by the end of this chapter, you'll be left hanging for a while.. so first, sorry in advance 🙏 but please bear with me 🥺 second, though you may already know, the line/separator (just like the one after this note), if not indicated, implies either a jump backwards or forwards into our timeline.

thanks again for subscribing and giving votes ❤ and yes, I do read the comments ☺

 

First class evaluations are about to start. Yujin tries to calm herself again with some pep talk. With no one else to hear those words from, looking into a mirror she starts talking to herself, "Kwon-Lee Yujin, you got this. Breathe in.... breathe out.... Remember the words, 'You can pass as an idol now'? It means you were born to do this.."

 

Gahyun being a real friend and totally not being helpful at all, "Please..! You were born to be Lee Chaeyeon's daughter. Remember your mom's audition? It was legendary!" Unnecessary emphasis on the last word. Exactly not the kind of pep talk she needed to hear right now.

 

"Why thank you, Gahyun.. That sure took away all my jitters!" Yujin sarcastically tells her with a fake smile. Gahyun sniggers while throwing her a peace sign.

 

A staff member finally announces, "5 minutes ‘til the cameras start rolling!"

 

Gahyun abruptly stops laughing with a gasp and her eyes widen but her expression immediately contorts and she groans out, "I suddenly feel like throwing up.." Now it was Yujin's turn to laugh at her friend.

 

The trainees were filmed as they entered the studio and given the choice to take whichever seats, all labelled with numbers from 1 thru 101.

 

Yujin and Gahyun were the third team to enter the studio. They stand on the platform briefly and choose the last two seats numbered 10 and 11 from the topmost row.

 

I'll only greet the ones sitting close to me and speak only when I'm spoken to, Yujin decides upon herself. Wanting to do so well for the auditions, she deliberately and constantly fixes her gaze on the stage. That would at least give her the chance to look at the other trainees for a while, but still not long enough to think up first impressions or make comparisons. But on the other hand, equally makes herself appear quite unapproachable. Besides, there will be more appropriate opportunities for introductions later.

 

"I wonder which companies' trainees will enter next.."

 

"Me too. I'm both excited and scared," Yujin overhears the trainees seated right in front of her.

 

She remains unfazed until someone she personally knows enters the studio...

 

The screen upfront flashes Double U ENT.

 

"It's the agency that formed Oh My Gals sunbaenim."

 

"Oh..?" Yujin unconsciously verbalizes that so Gahyun turns to her and studies her facial expression, "Do you perhaps know them?"

 

"I'm pretty sure that's Minjoo unnie; far left, aunt Kkura's daughter. We used to meet quite frequently when we were much younger."

 

Gahyun infers from this piece of information and asks in a low voice, "You mean to say she's NIZ*ONE Miyawaki Sakura's daughter?.." Then she asks the same question looming in Yujin’s mind, and while looking at the screen, "But it says her name’s Kang Minjoo?"

 

"Whoa.. she's so beautiful!"

 

"I think I've seen her on a drama before."

 

"Then I might be wrong..." Yujin is pretty sure though, and she couldn't stop staring. After seeing a very familiar face and for the first time today, she is actually hoping that Minjoo will at least take a quick glance at her. She held her gaze as the girl and her labelmates came up the stairs to take their seats. Unfortunately, Minjoo was mostly looking down to watch her steps all the while, and now it's only the top of her head that's visible to Yujin.

 

Minjoo’s presence in the competition has somehow given Yujin unconscious encouragement. Like there was finally someone el

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter