Not Losing Her Again

Jun Tae Is Mine!! (13 dates sequel)

Sungmin's POV:

Since Jun Tae and I talked about what had happened between us, we continued to see each other. She really didn’t care what her mother said and her mother wasn’t very happy about that. She would often try to get Jun Tae to go out with Henry again, but Jun Tae refused.

“Please Jun Tae-ah!!” Her mom would say. “You and Henry make a perfect match!!”

“Good to know…” Jun Tae would reply. “But I would much rather go with Sungmin.” It always made me laugh just thinking about Mrs. Kim’s face when Jun Tae answered her back.

One day, I walked into Jun Tae’s Coffee Shop and bumped into a person holding a bunch of boxes. A box fell from the top of the pile and I caught it before it could hit the ground.

“Mianhae…” I said.

“Hey… Superstar!!” Zhou Mi smiled as he peeked out from behind the boxes. I actually hated that name; it was the name that Mrs. Kim gave to me when she told me to stay away form Jun Tae, but Zhou Mi and I were good friends now and I really didn’t mind if he called me that.

“Hey Zhou Mi…” I said. “Do you need any help?”

“Aniyo~ its okay…” He said. “I can handle it.”

“Are you sure? They look pretty heavy.”

“I’m sure… Just throw it at the top.”

“If you say so.” I placed the box back at the top of the pile he was carrying. He smiled and I held the door open while he walked out. I walked up to the counter and rang the bell. Henry stood up from under the counter. I haven’t seen him since the day Mrs. Kim threatened to take Jun Tae away from me. Jun Tae said he was on vacation.

“Henry…” I said.

“Ah~ Sungmin-shii.” He said as he wiped his hands with a paper towel. “I assume you are here for Jun Tae?”

“Ne… Is she here?” I asked.

“JUN TAE-AH SUNGMIN IS HERE TO SEE YOU!!!” He yelled. Everyone in the shop looked at him and I cleared my throat.

“Was that really necessary?” Jun Tae asked as she walked out of the back room. She looked at me and smiled. “Oppa annyeong...” That’s right! I was her ‘oppa’, but it was nothing serious. I told her to quit the formalities since she said we were ‘hanging out’. I still about that.

“Annyeong…” I replied.

“So I assume you two are going out today?” Henry asked. Jun Tae and I looked at him. “Well… You two have fun.” he walked into the back room and I looked at Jun Tae.

“Did I just hear him correctly?” I asked. Jun Tae giggled.

“Yes you did.”

“He’s okay with us ‘hanging out’?”

“Ne… He says it’s better if I just date the person I’m obsessed with.”

“Obsessed?” We walked out of the shop and down the street. Jun Tae turned red when she explained what she meant about obsessed.

“Well…” She started. “The day that you blew me off, he was excited to go out with me. And I told you that throughout the whole ‘date’ he wouldn’t stop talking about his violin and singing.” I nodded. “Well I wouldn’t stop talking about you. I couldn’t believe that you blew me off and I was so confused that I just wouldn’t shut up about you.” I giggled.

“Wow~ I feel so honored.” I said. She pushed me playfully and I threw my arm around her shoulder. We continued down the street to the park. I waved down the ice cream man and bought us two ice creams.

“Ah~ The Kangin dream… You remembered.” Jun Tae said as we sat on a bench and handed her her ice cream.

“How could I forget?” I said. “It was a really funny dream.” She giggled and we ate our ice cream.

“So have you had anymore dreams?” I asked. I was really curious if she was remembering things that were important. That way I can tell her that I was her boyfriend and not just a friend.

“You’re really interested in my dreams?” She asked.

“Well if they’re of me, then, of course I am.” She giggled.

“There was one dream of you…” She took a deep breath. “You and I went on a date…”

“Like this one?”

“Aniyo… a little more elegant.”

“I see…”

“We were playing in the snow and you took out a ring and gave it to me.” This was it! The ring!! “And I thought it was so cute because it had something engraved on it…”

“Jun Tae is mine.” I said. Jun Tae looked at me with wide eyes.

“How is it you know everything that happens in my dreams?” She asked. I took off the necklace from my neck that had Jun Tae’s ring on it. (I put it on a chain the day she got into the accident.) I handed it to her and she looked at it.

“W-where did you get this?” She asked.

“Well… I-I…” I didn’t know what to say. It was so hard to confess to her. I just couldn’t come straight out and tell her that I was her boyfriend. I thought it would be easy, but it really wasn’t. Jun Tae stood up and handed me back the ring.

“I… uh…” She looked at me with worried eyes and I stood up. She was scaring me and I bet she was feeling the same way. “I have to go.” She gathered her things and hurried away. Omo!! Sungmin what have you done?! You just scared her away!! PABO!!! I walked home and cursed at myself for being so stupid. Maybe I will explain tomorrow.

~~The next day~~

I walked into Jun Tae’s coffee shop and noticed that there was hardly anyone there. I walked up to Henry who was wiping down tables.

“Henry-shi…” I called. He looked up at me. “Is Jun Tae at the back?”

“Ah~ Superstar!!” Zhou Mi said, throwing his arm around my shoulder. “Are you looking for Jun Tae again?”

“Ne… Is she here?”

“You just missed her…” Henry said.

“Yeah… She went to the airport with her umma…” Zhou Mi explained. Oh No!! Was this it?? Was Mrs. Kim taking Jun Tae away from me because I broke our deal?! Oh no!! I had to stop her!!! I bolted to the door.

“YAH!! Where are you going?!?” Zhou Mi screamed. I didn’t stop to answer him I had to get to the airport and fast. I called the other members as I got into the car and drove off. I told them to meet me at the airport so that we could explain everything to Jun Tae. We were her friends and I was her boyfriend. She had to believe us!!

I am NOT going to lose her again!!