Making a Deal

Jun Tae Is Mine!! (13 dates sequel)

Sungmin's POV:

"What are you talking about?" I asked. Why would she say such a thing?

"You are the reason that Jun Tae has amnesia!!" She said. I can't believe she's blaming me! It wasn't my fault! "If it wasn't for you, she wouldn't have walked out on the street! Why you broke up with her is beyond me-"

"First of all: She broke up with me!" I said. "And second: Jun Tae getting hit by a car was an accident-"

"She walked into the street because you said something to her that made her sad or feel bad! Bom told me everything!!" She cried. "She was stuck in her room for weeks after the two of you broke up and she was at the point of depression! When Bom finally got her out of the house, you show up and suddenly she's hit by a car!!! She practically killed herself because of you!!"

"What do you care?!" I asked.

"You think I don't care about my own daughter?" She asked.

"No!! You don't!!!" I said firmly. Her eyes widened in shock. "You’re more focused on work and you're hardly ever around. Do you think Jun Tae hasn't told me anything? The only time you ever paid any attention to her was when she was nearly dead!" She looked as though she was going to cry. "Did you have to almost lose her to realize you were a bad mother?"

"Look superstar!" She growled as she pulled my collar. "Stay away from my daughter or else."

 "Or else what? You can't stop me..." I said. "I love her and you know that." She released my collar and looked at me.

"If you don’t leave her alone..." she said, her eyes serious. "I'll send her back to ia and you'll never see her again."

 "You can't do that!" I said. "You can't make decisions for her. She's her own person! And you're-"

"Her mother!" She said, cutting me off. "I can tell her anything and she'll probably go along with it." She moved closer to me. "You're forgetting that I bought this shop! If I decide to stop paying for it, Jun Tae wouldn't be able to fulfill her dream. You don't want that do you?"

"What do you know about her dreams?" I asked. "She never once mentioned owning a coffee shop!"

"This place means a lot to Jun Tae... I don't know why, but it does. So if I take it away from her-"

"She'll still have me!!!" I said, cutting her off.

"You?" She let out and evil chuckle. "She doesn't even remember you! What makes you think she'll come to you?" I stood there speechless. It was true, Jun Tae only thought of me as a friend and knowing her so well, I know she wouldn't want to be a burden. Why is Mrs. Kim doing this? Was she really that angry with me? How could she do this when she knew exactly how I felt about her daughter? "So..." She said, holding out her hand. "Do we have a deal?"

I let out a small sigh. "Fine... Deal." I said as I shook her hand. She smiled an evil smile and Jun Tae came out of the back room.

"Henry said he'll be the one to close up the shop when he and Zhou Mi get back from delivery." Jun Tae looked at her mother. "Umma... I didn't know you were here."

"I just came to see how the shop was going." She said with a smile. 'She also came to ruin my life' I wanted to say out loud, but I held my tongue.

"It’s going really well!" Jun Tae said. "I can't thank you enough umma!!"

"Aww~ anything to make you happy dear." She said as she gave Jun Tae a hug. She glared at me, a smile creeping onto her lips. I rolled my eyes and turned away. Jun Tae pulled away from Mrs. Kim and turned to me.

"So are you ready to go?" She asked.

"Actually I can't..." I said, not looking at her. "I just got a call from the manager. He says that I have to be back at the dorm as soon as possible."

"Oh..." she said sadly. My heart broke into a million pieces. "Okay... Well maybe some other time?" She asked.

"Yeah... Maybe..." I said. I turned to walk away.

 “Maybe Henry can take you to lunch.” Mrs. Kim said. I stopped in my tracks and looked at them.

“Umma…” Jun Tae sighed.

“Jun Tae… He really likes you!!” Mrs. Kim nagged.

“Yes… I know…” Jun Tae said. “You’ve told me that over a million times.”

“So why don’t you go out with him?” Mrs. Kim asked. Jun Tae shrugged.

“He’s not my type…” She looked at me and smiled. I couldn’t help smiling back.

“Sungmin-shii…” Mrs. Kim called. I looked at her. “Don’t you think it would be a good idea for Jun Tae and Henry to go to lunch?” I frowned. Did she have to torture me this way? “I mean… since your manager wants you home so suddenly. We don’t want Jun Tae going out alone, do we?” She smiled. Jun Tae looked at me and rolled her eyes. If only she knew what her mother was doing to me!! I forced a smile on my face.

“Ne…” I said. “It would be a great idea.” Jun Tae’s eyes widened and Mrs. Kim smiled.

“Really?” Jun Tae asked.

“Yes…” I said. “That way you won’t be so alone.”

“Ok then it’s settled!” Mrs. Kim said. “I’ll go call Henry out here and then I’ll help Zhou Mi with the deliveries.” Mrs. Kim walked into the back room leaving Jun Tae and I there in the shop alone.

“You know…” Jun Tae said. “It’s funny how whenever Henry asks me out, you turn all red and say that I’m going with you.” I didn’t look at her, I couldn’t look at her. “And then, all of a sudden, you think it’s a good idea that he takes me to lunch.” I didn’t know what to say. How was I going to explain to her that her mother doesn’t want us to be together? “What’s going on Sungmin-shi?” She asked.

I let out a harsh sigh and looked at her. “We can’t hang out anymore!”

“Eh?” She asked. She looked so hurt by my word, but I had to do it! I had to break her heart so that Mrs. Kim would let her keep the shop! “Wae?” She asked.

“Because I’m a celebrity and you…” I looked at her. “You’re just a coffee girl.” Her eyes began to tear up and I looked away. “Imagine what hanging out with you would do to my image!”

“I’m sorry…” She said harshly, her voice cracking a bit. “I didn’t know that your image was more important than our friendship!!” I didn’t answer her. “I thought you were different.”

“Jun Tae –ah!!” Henry walked out from the back room and walked up to Jun Tae. “Your umma says you wanted to go to lunch with me?” I looked at him, he was glowing with happiness. I gave a small huff and frowned. Jun Tae noticed my expression and smiled.

“Ne…” She said.

“Then… should we go?” Henry asked, happily. Jun Tae nodded and they walked out of the shop, she turned around and gave me one last look before closing the door behind them.

“Good job Sungmin…” I heard a voice say. I turned around to see Mrs. Kim leaning on the door frame of the back room. “You should become an actor. That scene was very convincing.” She smiled and I rolled my eyes. I walked out of the shop. I just couldn’t be around that evil woman anymore. While I walked home, I thought about what I had said to Jun Tae. ‘I’m a celebrity and you… you’re just a coffee girl.’ The look on her face replayed in my head over and over again. I can’t believe I said that to her! But it was for her own good right? If Jun Tae continued her career and she was happy then so was I.

I just hope she will be able to forgive me.

Mianhae… Jun Tae-ah….