chap three.

a 'set up'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Congrats on your first day for being the only Irene Bae’s girlfriend!”

Yeri really bought a whole chocolate cake which Seulgi couldn’t say no to. It was her favorite but she still hated Yeri for that.

She loved her best friend but she could be so extra and annoying sometimes.

“First- it’s ‘fake girlfriend’ and second, how the hell did you know that I would sign the contract?”

Seulgi just arrived at her shared apartment with Yeri after she came back from The Bae’s building.

“Well… if there’s a -the person who knows Seulgi the most- award, I’m the one who deserves it the most. No one knows you better than me, Kang.” Yeri said proudly.

Seulgi chuckled and rolled her eyes.

“Sure. But this is not something that we have to celebrate but thank you for the cake.”

Seulgi dug into the “heaven on earth” that’s what she called it.

“So, when will they announce the news?” Yeri asked.

While munching her cake, Seulgi answered.

“Tomorrow, I’m kind of nervous. They said they will not reveal my name and blur my face, but you know how scary the media and netizen can be.”

“Actually, there are already rumors spreading around. Irene Bae is dating a café barista girl, they said.”

Seulgi choked on her cake.

“How the hell do they know that I’m working in a café?! Wait, does it mean they know about me?”

“Like what you said, public nowadays are scary. Once they are curious about something, they won’t stop.”

Seulgi sighed. She regretted her decision already.

“So, what should I do?”

Yeri shrugged her shoulders.

“I don’t know. Maybe just bear with it? No matter how hard they try to cover everything, they won’t stay silent. Like what you said, internet is so scary nowadays.”

“What if my parents found out? What should I explain to them?”

“Oh , I actually forgot about your parents.”

“I can’t just say to them- so I did delivery that day and I entered the wrong room and it was Irene

Bae’s and suddenly her ex showed up and then her best friend just said oh this is Irene’s new girlfriend, Kang Seulgi and then I signed the contract to be her fake girlfriend and they are paying me for that. It sounds so crazy and I bet it’s the least thing my parents expect and want me to do.”

“It’s indeed crazy. It sounds like a random teen fic you can find in Wattpad.”

“I shouldn’t have signed it in the first place.”

“Come on, don’t be so negative about this Seul. Let’s look at the bright side, shall we? You are getting that amount of money and you don’t have to worry about your tuition fee until you graduate. You have always wanted to help your parents, right? It’s not like you are doing something illegal. Don’t worry much about it. They will forget and the contract will end soon.”

“You have a point.”

Yeri was right. Seulgi has signed for this -being exposed and known by the whole country when she agreed to this agreement. She knew she would suffer for a while, those mics and cameras would follow her and wouldn’t let her breathe. She should have thought about this carefully but everything was too late and she only could face whatever was going to happen now.

“Stop overthinking and finish your cake, Seul. I actually knew that you would be like this so I bought the cake to cheer you up. Don’t forget we still have afternoon shift today, I don’t want to be late and believe me you don’t want to hear our lovely manager’s nags.”

Yeri left to get prepared, and Seulgi sighed for the nth time.

“Stupid Kang Seulgi.”

 

 

Seulgi couldn’t sleep well last night. She was a deep thinker and she couldn’t stop overthinking since they said the news and statement would be released today. Seulgi slept at 4, glad she didn’t have class to attend to day. She didn’t set her alarm- she wanted to sleep as long as she could since she didn’t want to face and find out whatever was going to happen to her on the next day.

Seulgi was sleeping peacefully until Yeri suddenly barged into her room and screamed like there’s no tomorrow.

“KANG SEULGI! YOU ARE STILL SLEEPING? WAKE UP!”

Seulgi was really startled. She jumped and almost fell from her bed. Her heart was beating so hard (from Yeri’s loud scream).

“What the Kim Yerim?! You scared me!”

“I wonder if you can still sleep peacefully after you see this.”

Yeri showed Seulgi her phone. Her vision was still a bit blurry since she was still sleepy, and her eyes widened when she finally can see Yeri’s phone screen clearly.

[BREAKING] Bae Holding’s CEO, Irene Bae was rumored to be dating a Barista Girl and Here How She Looks Like.

Under the headline, there was a blurry pic that Seulgi believed it was taken when she was working on her afternoon shift yesterday.

Seulgi felt like her soul had left her body.

“Oh my God Seulgi I knew this would happen but I didn’t expect this to happen this fast. Have they even released the statement?”

Seulgi’s mind was a mess right now, she couldn’t think straight. The first thing she did was to check her phone and as she expected, there was a message from Irene.

From: Irene Bae

I don’t know if you have read the news or not, but I’m really sorry. Things are getting out of hand. We planned to announce it today, but they are faster than us. For now, don’t leave your place. Your face is all over the news and internet now, they will find your address soon. We’ll discuss what to do next and we’ll inform you later. Once again, I’m sorry.

“They haven’t released the news. Someone told the media and I think it’s Jennie.” Yeri face-palmed.

“They didn’t even give any effort to blur your face. What are you going to do now?”

“She just texted me.”

“Irene?”

“Yeah. She said to not go anywhere. Everyone in this country is talking about me and she said they might will find this place soon.”

“And I live here too? Oh my God Seul I swear I have always wanted to be famous but never ever once been thought by me it would happen in this way.”

Seulgi suddenly felt bad. Yeri lived together with her and she was her best f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter