chap one.

a 'set up'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was just a normal day for Seulgi. Attending her morning class-finished a surprise quiz that her least favorite lecturer gave the whole class and they had to pass it this afternoon-and going to the cafe where she was currently having a part time job so that she can survive the next day. Seulgi came from an average family, not poor but not rich either. Her parents actually could afford her daily needs. Seulgi was currently studying and staying in a big city like Seoul where the cost of living her was obviously higher compared to her hometown but being such a good daughter like Seulgi had always been, she wanted to help her parents. Seulgi's parents were against it because they wanted her to focus on her study, but she insisted and they couldn’t do anything but respect her decision. However, they always reminded Seulgi to not go too hard on herself and she promised.

So here Seulgi was, taking orders, making drinks, and doing delivery sometimes. The lunch time had passed, so the place was not as crowded as before.

“What’s your plan tonight?”

Yeri, her co-workers slash her roommate suddenly popped out from nowhere.

“What the Kim Yerim. I’ve told you a lot of times to at least make a sound and to not show up suddenly like that.”

Yeri chuckled.

“You are such a scaredy cat, Kang. So, what’s your plan for tonight?”

“Nothing.I’ll just go home and have a proper rest I deserve. I’ve been so tired these days.”

“What did I even expect from you. You are such a no fun.”

The phone suddenly rang, and Yeri left to pick it up.

“Good afternoon, it’s Cup o’ Velvet. May I take your order?”

After writing the details of the order, Yeri put down the phone.

“Seems like you have to go back to that building, Kang.”

Seulgi sighed. The cafe she was working at was located nearby one of the biggest company’s buildings in Seoul – Bae Holdings. Nothing bad had happened to her in that building before, it’s just she was getting tired because she had lost count how many times she went there for delivery. She couldn’t protest though, it’s her job.

Seulgi was about to open when Yeri suddenly cut her.

“No, it’s your turn today. I hate going there as much as you do.”

“I hate you so much.”

“I love you too. I’ll make the drink first.” Yeri said.

After minutes, Yeri came back with a cup of hot chocolate milk. She chuckled.

“Hot choco milk? That’s new.” Seulgi said.

Yeri looked back at the paper she was holding where she wrote the details earlier.

“You are right. The name is new too, no one from that building with this name had ordered from us before. It says Park Sooyoung.”

Seulgi raised one of her eyebrows. The name was not foreign in ears.

“Wait.”

Yeri’s eyes suddenly widened when she realized something.

“I just realize it says here you have to take a private elevator. Wow, this person sure is not a joke. Maybe she is the CEO?”

“I’m sure the CEO has the surname Bae, not Park- whatever. Just give it to me, I’ll do it quickly so can I go home faster.”

 

 

Seulgi walked to the building since it's not too far from their café. It only took Seulgi fewer than 3 minutes by walking to finally arrive at the building. As usual, like what she always did whenever she had to come here and deliver drinks Seulgi would talk to the receptionist first and told her she had a delivery to do. The receptionist girl even recognized her and Seulgi knew her too. Her name was Soojung.

However, this time was a bit different. Usually, Soojung would just smile and let Seulgi in after she read the delivery details on the paper Seulgi gave her but this time she had that kind of confused expression on her face.

“Please wait for a minute.” Soojung smiled, and left to make a call- which was not usual. Maybe it’s because the private elevator thingy. Yeri was right, whoever Seulgi was making her delivery to, she must have a high position in this company.

After waiting for minutes, the person Soojung was calling didn’t pick up. Soojung tried again (it seemed she was dialing a different number) but once again, no one’s picking up. Soojung then approached her co-workers that was on the left side of the receptionist area, and whispered. Although it was a whisper, it was loud enough that Seulgi could hear it. It was not that clear, though.

“Maybe they are in the same room now.”

Soojung nodded, and came back to where Seulgi had been standing.

“You can take the private elevator. It’s right beside the restroom there. Please take the first elevator. Here is the code.”

Soojung handed Seulgi a piece of small paper. Seulgi mouthed thank you, and left to find that private elevator.

It didn’t take long for Seulgi since it’s not too hard to find. There were two different elevators that Seulgi assumed would bring her to different rooms. Seulgi then entered the first one, just like Soojung told her earlier.

There was only one number, since it was directed to one floor when the room was located. After pressing the only number, she was asked to enter the code. Seulgi looked at the paper Soojung gave her. It says 2902.

After she entered the number combination, the elevator door closed by its own and it started moving upward.

Seulgi was lowkey nervous because it’s her first time delivering in this way- she meant, private elevator. That sounded so fancy that Seulgi didn’t even once thought in her life she would use something like this.

After seconds, the elevator stopped and its door opened. As she expected, it was directed to a room. The room is so huge, with a L shaped working desk located in the middle of the room- two sets of two-seater sofa and a coffee table on the right side- and a minibar on the left side. The wall behind the desk was full of large window and she could see the entire Seoul city from here.

This room just screams fancy. Seulgi had 0 knowledge about interior design but the entire room felt so expensive to her.

Seulgi gulped, and realized the reason she was here now. She then cleared .

“Ms. Park Sooyoung? I’m from Cup o’ Velvet and I’m here to deliver hot chocolate milk you ordered.”

No one’s answering. From what Seulgi could see (she didn’t know, maybe secret rooms like she had always watched in her favorite K-Drama actually existed) but this room is empty. Seulgi just wanted to finish this q

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter