chapter nine.

a 'set up'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So you guys are oficial now?"

Yeri said as she plumped down herself into the couch.

"That's all? I was expecting more from you"

"That's because I knew this would happen, so I'm not surprised and please, you two were so obvious last night."

"Really?"

Yeri rolled her eyes in annoyance. 

"She left last night with a big grin plastered on her face. I have never seen her being this happy before."

"And you can't stop smiling either." Yeri said as she clicked her tongue.

"Please bear with me, I'm just so in love." Seulgi moved closer to Yeri and cling on her arms like a koala.

"Go away, you are disgusting."

"I won't. I love you Yeri."

Yeri looked at Seulgi in disgust, and both of them bursted into laughing.

"Glad you are happy. Just don't you dare to hide things from me, okay? Tell me if she hurt you, I will haunt her and punch her with my own hands."

"She won't!"

"Well, just in case." 

Deep down there, she knew Irene would take a good care of her bestfriend. She believed Irene was not that kind of person.

 

 

Joohyun planned to keep things from Sooyoung because she knew the younger will not stop teasing her but sooner or later, Soooyunng would find out. She actually had no problem with telling Seungwan but if Seungwan knew, it means Sooyoung would to.

And she was right. Not even a week. They found out after three days. It was her own mistakes and she couldn't blame anyone. She accidentally left her phone in her office and at the same time, Seulgi called. Not a big deal until she remembered she changed her contact name from "Seulgi" into "gf <3" and Sooyoung saw it. 

"You are so cringey." Sooyoung teased.

"I'm just really in love, okay? Can you please shut it up, both of you." Irene cloesed her eyes and released a deep long breath.

"Girlfriend with heart emoji? That's actually cute." Seungwan said.

"I deserve a reward, don't you think? If it was not me, you wouldn't meet Seulgi."

Joohyun opened slightly but pressed her lips together again. She was about to nag but Sooyoung was not wrong. If Sooyoung didn't make the mistake that day, she wouldn't meet Seulgi and she couldn't imagine living wihout her. Her life had been so boring but Seulgi came and made everything so much better. It felt like the monolid gave her a reason to continue her life. Joohyun finally have something to look forward today, tomorrow, next week, and so on.

"Fine. You can take a week break."

"You could just say thank you but whatever, I'll take that."

"But anyways, congrats. I'm happy for you, I mean it." Seungwan said.

"Yeah, me too. I took you so long to move on from Jennie so I'm glad you made it."

Joohyun never thanked both Seungwan and Sooyoung enough. They could be annoying sometimes but she wouldn't make it if it's not without them. They were always there for Joohyun whenever she needed them.. Her life was full of rollercoasters and mostly they were not a good one. Jennie really took a toll on Joohyun, not forgetting the beef with her father and her company with all its problems she had to handle everyday.

"Thank you once again, for everything." Joohyun uttered.

"No problem. If you need us, just one call away, you know?"

"Yeah, surely will do."

They continued the little talk until Seungwan and Sooyoung excused themselves because Sooyoung had a meeting to conduct and Seungwan had something to settle regarding to the company. 

Joohyun pulled the drawer open and take out a piece of paper. It was the agremeent contract between her and Seulgi. She quickly put it into a paper shredder.

She didn't need it anymore.

 

 

It's been 3 weeks since they dated each other. Things were pretty awkward at first, maybe because it was Seulgi's first time and Joohyun was just being Joohyun. She was naturally a stiff person.

But things became so much better, maybe because both parties really tried on this relationship. One sided relationship would never make it.

"So, abou the-"

Joohyun was in the middle of meeting she conducted with all the division leader until her phone rang. She excused herself and leave the room. This happened a lot of time, and everyone had been gossiping behind the CEO's back because Joohyun was never that type of person who would do this. Everyone knew how strict and professional Joohyun was when it came to work. She always put her phone in silent mode so she could focus more.

But well, people said being in love with someone could completely change you and maybe she was right. Joohyun would do everything for Seulgi. Talking about priority...

"Hello Joohyun?"

"Hello there." Joohyun said as a smile creep up to her face. Even hearing Seulgi's voice was enough to make her day better.

"Are you busy?"

"I'm in the middle of meeting."

"Oh, sorry. I didn't know, I'll cal you later-."

"It's okay, baby. I'm outside the room right now, they can wait. Why did you phone me?"

Seulgi blushed a bit when Joohyun adressed her as "baby". Well, who wouldn't?

"It's nothing. I just need a bit help."

"And what's that?"

"Uhh.. Can we meet after work later? I will tell you later. Don't keep them waiting for any longer."

"Okay then, I will pick up you later. See you?"

"Yeah, see you!" Seulgi hung up the phone.

 

 

"Banana milk, as usual?"

Seulgi bit her lower lips as her eyes were scanning the menu.

"I actually want to try Latte."

Joohyun's eyes widened a bit.

"No banana milk?"

"I just want to try something new." Seulgi smiled as she put down the menu on the table.

"It's coffee, you sure? I thought you hated it."

"Yeah, just make sure to.. uh.. make it sweet?"

Irene chuckled.

"Cute. Fine, a cup of hot latte with extra sugar for my girlfriend. God why are you so cute?"

"Stop teasing me!" Seulgi's face reddened. She covered her face with her both palms.

"Okay, okay. I'll be back soon." Irene left to place their order.

 

 

"It's not that bad." Seulgi said, taking a sip of her hot latte.

"Is it bitter?"

"A bit, but stil fine. I still prefer banana milk, though."

Joohyun smiled, and took a sip of the black liquid from her cup.

"Why are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter