chap two.

a 'set up'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You owe me explanations."

Yeri was now standing in front of Seulgi, leaning to the wardrobe behind her.

"Yeri I'm so tired can we talk about it-"

"No, you promised me you would tell me after we finished our shift."

Seulgi sighed.

"Come on, Seulgi. Did something happen? You have been acting so weird after you came back from that building. Did that Park Sooyoung girl do something to you?"

"She didn't do anything to be but something happened." Seulgi said.

"Is it a bad thing or a good thing?"

"I'm not sure."

"Just tell me so I can help and we can figure it out together?"

"Fine."

Flashback

Three of them were now sitting on the sofa, with Sooyoung beside Irene and Seulgi facing two of them.

"She looks cute and attractive, your luck, Bae."

Sooyoung said loudly as if Seulgi was not there with them.

"Shut it, Sooyoung."

"No I mean, if you want to fake the dating news, at least you have to find someone that is equal to you it won't be too fishy and they will believe it."

"D-dating news?" Seulgi shuttered.

"Yes, it the only way out for now, I think. Don't you think so, Irene?"

"I don't know. I have to call Wendy first."

"Wait but I don't even agree on this fake dating news or whatever-"

"That's why we are here, Seulgi-ssi. I'll call my personal assistant first and we'll talk about it later. Okay?"

Seulgi just nodded her head. She could have left immediately and pretended nothing had happened but she didn't know why she was still here.

Seulgi could sense Sooyoung's eye scanned her from the head to the toe, making Seulgi a bit uncomfortable.

"But Rene, for real, she is really not bad." Sooyoung said.

"Stop it, Sooyoung. You are scaring her. Sorry, Seulgi-ssi. My friend can be too much sometimes."

"It's okay." Seulgi flashed a soft smile.

Irene leaned to the back cushions behind her, and sighed. She looked so frustrated.

"I'll call Wendy first."

Irene took her phone and dialed someone that Seulgi assumed was her personal assistant- Wendy she talked about, and set it into speaker mode.

"I thought I told you not to disturb me because I'm currently on holiday?"

Irene gave Sooyoung a death glare.

"I really don't want to but my lovely cousin slash your best friend ever just did something. I think you have to forget your holiday and come back to Korea as soon as possible."

"Are you ing kidding me, Bae Joohyun? What did you two do again this time?"

"I did nothing, it's all because of Sooyoung. She will explain."

Irene handed Sooyoung her phone and Sooyoung gulped. Yes, Wendy was her best friend but Sooyoung knew how scary Wendy could be when she was mad.

"Please promise me first that you won't kill me after I told you the whole story."

"It depends." Wendy said,

Sooyoung took a deep breath, and explained everything quickly in one go.

There was a minute of silence after Sooyoung finished her story. Wendy didn't say anything and obviously, she was trying so hard not to curse at Sooyoung.

"You are dead." Irene mouthed those words to Sooyoung.

"I swear I will ing kill you when I arrive in Korea, Park Sooyoung. And Irene, so are you telling me that you will do the fake dating thing?"

Irene sighed for the nth time, and answered.

"Do you think I have a choice? I really don't want to do this either but if this news was spread and the public knows I was just making things up to make my ex jealous, it will ruin my image. Well, you know me. I don't really care about what people think about me but I do care about this company."

Irene stopped for a while, and continued.

"This may sound so arrogant but I built this company, Wan. And I am the face of this company. I worked so hard for this, and there are like thousands of people that are working for me. I really couldn't risk it. We have to do it, temporarily."

Seulgi just stayed silent, listening to whatever they were talking about on the phone. Her mind was actually still processing everything that was happening.

Seulgi could hear a long sigh from the phone speaker.

"Fine, we'll do that. I will fly back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter