chap eight.

a 'set up'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Seems like someone is in a good mood today.”

It was a rare occasion for Irene Bae to come to work with a smiley face. She really confused everyone in the building.

“Shut up, Wan.”

Irene said as she made her way to the sofa, and plopped herself right beside Seungwan.

“Judging from how happy you are, everything was solved last night, huh?”

Joohyun couldn’t help but the scene where she kissed Seulgi was replaying in her mind, making the smile on her pretty face grew even wider. Joohyun wouldn’t tell Seungwan about that. She was not stupid enough. She didn’t want to spend the rest of her life with Seungwan and her evil cousin Park Sooyoung teasing her.

“Yeah, we talked.”

Joohyun hadn’t talked with Seulgi about the relationship between two of them since Seulgi drifted to sleep right away after the short talking session she had with Joohyun. Seulgi couldn’t sleep for days and it was so obvious, and maybe it was because they figured out everything together, the huge burden had been finally lifted.

Joohyun didn’t want rush things. The most important thing for her was now that everything was good between her and the monolid. She wanted to solve everything one by one. She would start from Jennie, and then she would talk to her father.

“What are you gonna do with Jennie? After I know the real story, I kinda feel bad for her, Hyun.”

“I will talk to her later. I have to apologize to her for my father’s behavior first, and then I will talk about us.”

Seungwan nodded in response.

“Anyways, Hyun. I don’t want to scare you or anything but… I’m scared your father would do something bad to Seulgi. I mean, who knows, right?”

And that what had been bothering Joohyun for the whole night.

It was so obvious that Seulgi didn’t fulfill that so called criteria her father made to be in a relationship with one of the Bae. Joohyun was so sure that her father knew that she was “dating” Seulgi (it was all over the news, anyway) but he didn’t do anything about it. The only thing that could explain this situation was her father knew this thing between her and Seulgi was not real. However, Joohyun was planning to make her relationship with Seulgi official, and she just knew her father wouldn’t stay silent and did nothing if he knew.

Joohyun didn’t want something bad to happen to the younger.

She was suffering enough.

“I will talk to him too, Wan. Don’t worry, I won’t let him do anything to Seulgi. I have my own way.”

“Yeah, you better do. Seulgi was really pure and I can’t stand seeing her being hurt. Just remember, I will be always here, no matter what. I got your back.” Seungwan said as she put her hand on the CEO’s shoulder, giving it a light pat.

Joohyun flashed a tight-lipped smile.

“Thank you, Wan.”

 

 

“I’m sorry, Joohyun.”

Joohyun put down the cup she was holding onto the table, and shifted her attention to the model in front of her.

Joohyun contacted Jennie first, saying they had to meet and talk. Jennie agreed, and here they were, sitting in a not so crowded in the middle of the city. Joohyun chose this café on purpose, she didn’t want the media to find them and made the situation even worse.

“No, it’s me who should apologize. I’m sorry for my father’s behavior. I swear I didn’t know anything.” Joohyun uttered.

Jennie flashed a weak smile.

“I did mistakes, too. I should have asked you first. I should have known that you would not do that.”

Joohyun nodded in response, with her gaze still not leaving her ex.

Jennie opened , wanted to say something but nothing came out of .

“I… I still love you.” Jennie trailed off with a crooked voice.

Joohyun sighed.

“I’m sorry, Jen. You were right, my relationship with Seulgi was supposed to be on contract at first but… my feelings for her grew.”

Jennie was looking down at the table, as she bit her lower lips.

“It’s okay, I understand. I just want to let you know that my feelings are real. And sorry again for being a all of this time.”

Joohyun could hear how shaky Jennie’s voice was. She was trying really hard to not break down in front of the CEO.

Joohyun knew Jennie was not a bad person. If there’s someone she had to blame, it was her father.

Joohyun brought up one of her hand, and put it on the model’s hand.

“We still can be friends, right?”

Jennie looked up from the table, facing Joohyun.

“Sure, we can.”

It was a hard pill for Jennie to swallow but she understood. Everything that happened was out of their control and she was able to start accepting everything.

Maybe her fate with Joohyun should stop here.

“Please let me know if you need something, I will help you.” Joohyun said sincerely.

Jennie nodded in response, and flashed a genuine smile.

“I will.”

Joohyun took a sip of her coffee for the last time, before she got up from her seat.

“I have to go, I have something to do. See you Jennie.”

Joohyun turned around, and was about to walk away when a hand grabbed her arm, refraining her to go further. Joohyun stopped her steps, and whipped around.

“I really hope our path will cross again someday, even in next life.”

Jennie stopped, and continued.

“Please be happy, Joohyun. You really deserved it.”

And Joohyun put a smile on her face.

“Be happy too, Jennie.”

 

 

Joohyun was supposed to be really busy today. She had a bunch meeting to attend and piles of papers she had to work on but she canceled everything. She had talked to Jennie, and now she was heading to her father’s place.

She stopped in front of a huge house, or mansion, that’s what they call it. Not long after that, the gate was opened, and Joohyun drove her car in.

She stopped her car in front of the main entrance, and got off her car.

“Good morning, Ms. Bae.” A man who Joohyun assumed was working for her father greeted her. She said nothing, and replied to him with a smile.

“Should I park your car?”

“No need, I won’t be long here.”

The man nodded, and took a step back as she stretched out her hand, letting Joohyun enter the house.

Joohyun entered the mansion with a mixed feeling. This place was where she was raised, where she grew up. It had been really a long time since the last time Joohyun came here.

After entering the main area of the mansion, she was welcomed by a figure of old woman with a friendly smile on her face.

“Joohyun!”

A wide smile crept up the CEO’s face when she saw the old woman.

“Ahjumma!”

Joohyun scooted to where the woman was standing, and threw herself into her hug.

“Oh my God, it’s really been a long time!” The old woman said, as she gave Joohyun a tight hug.

It was Joohyun who broke the hug first. The woman put her hands on her shoulders, and brushed here thumbs across them.

“You look so thin now. Have you not been eating well?” The woman asked in a worried tone.

“I have been eating really well, don’t worry.” Joohyun said.

“I missed you so much.”

Joohyun flashed an apologetic smile.

“Sorry for not visiting you a lot, I have been really dumped with work.”

“No, it’s okay, I understand that you are busy. Just make sure to eat well and take care of yourself for me, okay?”

Joohyun nodded in response.

Besides Sooyoung and Seungwan, Joohyun was so close to the woman. Kim Ahjumma had been working for their family for almost thirty years. She watched Joohyun grow up from the day Joohyun was born to this world until she became a successful CEO like what she was being now. Growing up without mother, Kim Ahjumma was the one who took care of her and raised her. She was like a mother figure for Joohyun.

As much as Joohyun wanted to spend her time with the woman, she remembered the reason why she was here now.

She had to talk to her father.

“Ahjumma, where is dad?”

“He is in her office.”

“I need to talk him.”

The old woman understood. She nodded her head, giving Joohyun the last hug before she left to the kitchen, leaving Joohyun alone.

Joohyun took a deep breath, and released it. She should have not been feeling nervous but she really couldn’t help it. Joohyun even forgot when was the last time she talked to her father.

Joohyun stepped forward, walking up the stairs heading to her father’s office.

 

 

“Come in.”

Joohyun knocked on the door and not long after that a deep hoarse voice was heard, asking her to come in.

Joohyun stretched out her hand, and grabbed the door’s handle, as she pulled it and opened the door, revealing a old man who was sitting behind his working table, with a newspaper on her hand.

“Dad.”

Mr. Bae shifted his attention from the newspaper he was holding to her daughter who was standing at the entrance. Joohyun closed the door behind her, and walked closer to the table.

“What’s with the sudden visit?”

Mr. Bae scrunched her eyebrows in confusion. He put down the newspaper on the table, and looked at Joohyun. It was not usual for Joohyun to come here without telling him. The old man was really aware how much her daughter hated to be under the same roof as him.

“What did you do to Jennie?”

Mr. Bae stayed silent, and Joohyun was getting impatient.

“Dad, answer me.”

“I threatened her, so what?”

Joohyun scoffed at her father’s answer. Mr. Bae knew her daughter was never easy to deal with, and she really got it from her mother.

“How can you do something as low as that?”

“Watch your mouth, Bae Joohyun.”

“Why should I when you did something more horrible?”

Mr. Bae closed his eyes, trying his best to cont

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter