applicants. (+2)

청춘시대 / age of youth - APPLY OPEN

 

 

   Authors  note

hi! so i will be running my reviews section a little differently. i will not be asking you to change your app unless it absolutely does not make sense. after i select the final lineup for the story, that is when i will ask the chosen applicants to fix any minor mistakes or answer any questions that i have for them! all accepted applicants will be getting a little blurb of their characters :)

 
 
120*120

 lee jisoo  

lee jisoo sighed in disappointment the minute he step foot out of the safe haven he called his room. the living room was a mess with used shot glasses littered everywhere, spilled drinks on the table, and knocked over furniture. his housemates had thrown yet another party the night before, one he of course was invited to but had declined. now it was six a.m. the next day and he was on his way out for his daily run but he just. couldn’t. resist.

an hour later the living room was sparkling. one could even say it was cleaner than it ever was. jisoo plopped on the couch in satisfaction with his work, cleaning rag still in hand. he would still go on his run in a bit.

at that moment one of his younger housemates emerged from his room, clearly hungover. he gaped at the now clean room. “wow hyung, thank-” jisoo turned at shook his head at the latter, tossing the rag at his head. “I’m desperately waiting for the day you go to the military.”

   accepted

 
 
120*120

  YUN HYUNJAE  

yun hyunjae forcefully swung his bedroom door open, his hair disheveled and his eyes not fully open yet. “SHUT THE UP.” his housemates had all been awake for quite a while now, and were making quite a bit a noise playing the new video game they had just got. if there was one thing you should know, it would be to never wake him up.

the usually chill hyunjae was a tower of anger as he glared at his housemates. they stared back at him sheepishly. hot head hyunjae was back again. it wasn’t that uncommon, but it never failed to be scary. luckily they had prepared for this.

“hyunjae oppa, you look really good today. did you do anything different with your hair?” one of his female housemates said sweetly. hyunjae’s demeanor changed immediately as his eyes fully opened and he ran a hand through his bedhead. compliments to his ego? easy way to calm him down.  his expression was now extremely pleased as he struck a pose. “please. i'm good looking straight outta bed.”

   ACCEPTED

 
 
120*120

  kang sumin  

kang sumin lounged on a chair near the back of her living room, her legs crossed and a stoge lazily dangling from between her two fingers. er grey pixie cut was neat and untouched, unlike the messed up hair of her housemates from running and dancing around too much. her housemates were throwing yet another party. of course, she didn’t mind watching the scene unfold as always.

“are you sure you don’t want a drink?” her extremely drunk housemate dangled a shot glass in front of her, his words slurring while he exaggeratedly pouted. he began to fall over and the glass began to tip when her other housemate caught him, pulling him away. 

“YOU KNOW SUMIN CAN’T DRINK.” she scolded as she dragged his barely functioning body across the room. sumin sighed and shook her head. living here was definitely difficult at times, but she had been getting a lot better from her alcohol addiction. she even reached a point where she could withstand it even when it was dangled in front of her. nodding her head along to the beat of the music, she lit another stoge. just another casual day in this household...

   ACCEPTED

 
 
120*120

  yeon boreum  

yeon boreum stood at the door of her new apartment. today was her move in day. her long fingers tightened their grip on the luggage and her free hand fiddled with her stud earring. today would be where she started anew. it was normal to be nervous, she told herself. living with all new people, ones that she hadn’t met before. what would that be like? 

her older brother dodam dragged his feet up the stairs to the apartment, two moving boxes stacked in his arms and grumbling to himself. “are you sure you want to move out? who’s going to take care of you? it’s not too late to change your mind you know…and what about these stairs? this is so not good for your condition!”

boreum laughed at her brother’s nagging. “hey. me moving out will let you have your own life too… with your girlfriend,” she teased. dodam glared at his sister. “i don’t have a girlfriend! ugh, i swear i’m going to visit you everyday…” boreum shook her head with a soft smile and inserted the key into the door’s lock. “whatever oppa.”

   ACCEPTED

 
 
120*120

heo geumro  

“wake up wake up wake up!!!” heo geumro, better known as geum, continuously hit a wooden paddle against a loud empty pan that she bought just for the occasion. seven thirty am bright and early, and geum was the first one in the house awake per usual. she had woken up thirty minutes ago and had successfully raided each of their closets to lay out their outfits today. an extra thirty minutes of sleep, she was being so generous.

of course she didn’t expect the rest of her housemates to be awake at the same time she was. but today they all promised to go explore the streets, shop, and take photos for some bonding time. to be fair they planned to leave at 10, but in her defense they needed quite a while to get ready. she continued to hit the pan with no mercy as she marched back and forth from each room until each roommate was awake.

she ignored the trails grumbles and complaints that rang throughout the house as she skipped back into her own room with a proud smile. “and that is what my mornings are like!” she said cheerfully to absolutely no one. a pillow flew across the room and hit her head. “please shut up,” her roommate whined.

   ACCEPTED