teaser.

청춘시대 / age of youth - APPLY OPEN
 

   teaser 01

Yang Ahreum blew at her bangs in frustration as she stared at the fifth listing she had posted on yet another house hunting app. The 24 year old was seated on the floor of her empty apartment surrounded by stacks upon stacks of flyers. How the was she going to find tenants in like… a day? She just wanted to get out of here. 

Okay, so she graduated college after an excrutiating five years. But why jump straight into working after that pain when she could travel the world and shop everywhere instead?

One thing though: her parents had cut her off in anger at not wanting to join the family business right away. She already had spent an extra year at college, why wait longer? They would only pay for her bare necessities during her gap year. So if she wanted to have spending money, she had to somehow make her own by leasing out her apartment. If she succeeded though, she definitely would have decent funding for some shopping. It was a huge apartment with several bedrooms that she had priorly had all to herself.

Ahreum put her phone away and grabbed a few stacks of flyers, glaring at them as she stepped outside. Her parents expected her to put these up herself? Normally she would pay someone to do it, but she had to save her money now. “I swear to god if I break a nail…” she grumbled to herself as she began tacking up her flyers on nearby poles and boards.

This was torture, how long did it take for people to answer these flyers again? Whatever. Whoever called first to fill the rooms, her apartment was theirs.

Four hours later she finally had finished putting up all her flyers (hey, Yang Ahreum and physical activity don't go well together alright?), and was now back in her apartment, wiping away sweat with her still perfectly manicured hand and staring expectantly at her phone. She hated this. God, how long did it take to read one piece of paper? Or one listing? She had gotten zero calls and no new app notifications.

She sighed as stared at her phone longer trying to manifest at least a phone call. Did that even work? Honestly, she was desperate. She finally tapped at the screen impatiently only for it not to light up. 

Wait what? Ahreum pressed at the buttons, but the screen still didn't light up. It was then that she realized she hadn't looked at her phone since she had left to put up the flyers for the past four hours. Her phone had been dead this entire time. 
 

 

author's note.  meet the landlord, yang ahreum! and the reason why this apartment was up for lease in the first place. a lil ditzy, isn't she? she has no faceclaim yet but honestly i don't expect her to show up tooo much in the story but will most likely be giving her one after i choose applicants. this teaser sorta explains why each housemate comes from a different background versus a huge group of friends moving in together.  hope you liked it!