Chapter 5

General's Lady: Special Scene
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

 

The day slowly turned bright and the three people in the hut were already awake. Granny Sun sat on a chair with Shen Jin in front of her, opening the bandage on the lady’s hand, looking over it. Both of them didn’t say anything and Shen Jin couldn’t help, but feeling sad. After they were parting ways, she didn’t know when she would meet Granny Sun again.

The older lady put the medicine on Shen Jin’s hand and wrapped it again with the bandage. When it already wrapped neatly, Granny Sun held the lady’s hand, staring at her eyes, while the latter only staring in return. The older lady smiled tenderly and caressed Shen Jin’s hair.

“My beautiful lady, don’t be sad.”

Shen Jin could only nod with misty eyes.

“Remember…return to the town and if everything isn’t what you expected, go to the next village and ask for the Liang family. I will welcome you as the member of my family.”

“Yes, Granny Sun.”

“Although, I’m sure your fate is more than just staying with me and be my granddaughter.”

Shen Jin could only nodded.

“Your hand is going to heal soon. You can release the bandage tonight.” Granny Sun squeezed the lady’s hand gently. “Thank you for helping me, General’s Lady.”

Shen Jin chuckled with teary eyes and hugged Granny Sun.

For a brief moment, they were hugging until Mo Ran reminded them to get going or Shen Jin wouldn’t make it to the town before the sun was set. They packed their belongings and later stood face to face on the entrance of the hut. Granny Sun and her grandson bowed deeply to Shen Jin while the lady held their arms.

“Please, there’s no need the courtesy with me, Granny Sun.”

The older lady and her grandson stared at each other before raising their posture. Shen Jin bowed a little while saying, “Thank you for letting me stay in your place, Granny Sun and Mo Ran. I hope fate will let us to meet again someday.”

Granny Sun smiled. “As long as the sun shines, I’m sure we can meet again.”

Shen Jin chuckled and nodded.

Slowly, Granny Sun and Mo Ran turned around and began to walk the opposite way from Shen Jin. The lady took a staggering breath and bowed deeply to the two figures who were walking away from her.

Granny Sun, I sincerely hope we can meet again someday.

Later, the lady raised her body, clutching her bundle, and began walking to the village, heading to the town.

Just like Mo Ran predicted, Shen Jin arrived at the town’s gate in the afternoon. She released a breath and pursed her lips before deciding to walk to the gate. She wasn’t in disguise, so the guards would easily recognize her, unlike when she was running away.

And she was guessing right, when she was about to arrive on the gate, a guard saw her and suddenly approaching while bowing a little.

“My lady…”

And the others were also greeted her.

Shen Jin raised her eyebrows. The situation was so different weeks ago when she rode on the General’s horse and the guards accused her for stealing and lying. And now, they were all greeted her.

Talking about irony.

The first guard who greeted her suddenly nudged the other. “What are you doing? Tell the General the lady is here.”

“Oh, right.”

“It’s alright. I…” Shen Jin didn’t have the chance to finish her sentence when one guard suddenly rode his horse into the direction of the town.

“My Lady, we’re so glad you’re alright. The General was so worried about you,” one of the guards said while the others agreed.

Shen Jin released her breath. “Well, thank you. Actually, I was about to say I can return by myself.”

The guards looked at each other nervously. “But, my lady…the general gave us order to report to him when you arrive at the gate.”

“Ah…” Shen Jin tapped her chin. “Does the general afraid I will run away again?”

No answer, but the lady could tell she had the right assumption.

“Do you think I capable to do that? You already recognized me.”

“Oh…right.”

The lady grinned mischievously. “Although, I must say you have really poor senses and could let me walk out from the town days ago.”

The guards fidgeted on their feet.

Shen Jin cleared . “So, if you don’t want to receive more punishments, let me walk through the gate by myself.”

Again, the guards stared at each other before finally letting Shen Jin to walk into the town. The lady smiled and walked passed the gate, adjusting her bundle and taking a deep breath. She walked through the market, watching people already preparing to close their stools. It was the moment when she saw a horse galloping to her direction. Shen Jin stood motionless when she recognized the horse, mostly the person who was on the horse.

His red clothing caught her eyes, his dark hair, his sharp jaw and handsome face…and those striking eyes. Her heart skipped a beat and Shen Jin had to admit, no matter how angry she was to him, seeing him after several days in another village made her very happy.

Her general stopped his horse and stepped down, they were standing facing one another. Shen Jin could see the longing and relieve on those beautiful eyes and what Granny Sun said was ringing on her mind.

Go back to your general.

And Shen Jin did what her heart tell her to do.

Half running, she bumped to him and hugged him, recalling the familiar senses of his warmth. Shen Jin closed her eyes, relieving the moment.

As for Xiuming, seeing his lady again after several painful days of missing her and worrying about her was like a dream to him. He thought he was imagining things, he often experienced it these days, but when she hugged him, he knew this wasn’t a dream. With a deep sigh, he wrapped his arms on his lady’s back and waist, buryin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter