Chapter 4

General's Lady: Special Scene
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shen Jin stayed at the hut the next day, but she and Granny Sun didn’t say anything. The lady’s mind was jumbled around. She didn’t calculate to be found by Xiao Su for she could stay peacefully at the hut these days.

And mostly she didn’t think about the consequence.

Shen Jin glanced at the old lady and couldn’t forgive herself if the general found Granny Sun guilty for it was her own plan to run away in the first place.

“Miss Wu…you’ve been so quiet since we return from the village. Is there something wrong?”

“Ah…no, Granny Sun. Nothing’s wrong.”

The old lady smiled, sitting on a chair and poured water in a cup. “Since you know my grandson will arrive today, what will you do next?”

The lady blinked. “Oh…yes. I…haven’t thought about it.” She looked at the older lady. “May I come with you?”

Granny Sun laughed lightly. “I want to ask you this question ever since we met.” She stared warmly at Shen Jin. “Where do you come from?”

Shen Jin seemed thinking before answering, “The town.”

“Ah, I see. And why are you here in this village? Don’t you have family?”

“I…” The lady didn’t know how to answer. “They didn’t want me.”

Granny Sun raised her eyebrows. “Didn’t want you? A clever and beautiful girl like you?”

Shen Jin grimaced. “Where I come from isn’t important, Granny Sun.”

“Miss Wu…” the old lady held Shen Jin’s hand. “You may think that way, but someone is maybe looking for you.”

The lady turned rigid and Granny Sun smiled.

“Forgive me, young lady. I was at the teahouse earlier and I heard you.”

“Did she know who you are?”

Shen Jin shook her head.

“And after she meets her grandson, what will you do?”

The lady shrugged. “I don’t know. Coming with her, maybe?”

“Lord Jin…”

“I don’t know…I just…” Shen Jin sighed forlornly. “I really don’t know…”

Xiao Su sighed. “He’s the general. Do you think he will not come to look for you with soldiers after I reported to him? And the old lady might be in danger for hiding you.”

Shen Jin raised her eyebrows. “Hiding me? She doesn’t even know who I am.”

“If she does….and she still takes you away with her, the general can state her guilty for taking his lady away.”

“He…can do that?”

“Do you think he can’t? He even almost canned me to death if you didn’t show up and helped me.”

“You’re the general’s lady, aren’t you?”

Shen Jin was lost of words. “I…”

Granny Sun smiled again, releasing her hand and drinking from her cup. “I never thought I could meet the lady of the general in this village. You are just like they said. Kind, beautiful, clever…no wonder the general fall for you.”

The lady chuckled nervously. “It wasn’t like you think, Granny Sun. If he did fall for me, I wouldn’t have run away.”

“Ah, I see. But, he also sent someone to look for you.”

Shen Jin stared at the old lady.

“Everything makes sense now,” Granny Sun said. “You said you’ve been in the military camp and the way you used the weapon.”

The lady grimaced. “I’m sorry I lied to you, Granny Sun.”

The old lady smiled. “I suppose Wu Ji isn’t your real name either.”

Shen Jin shook her head. “My real name is Shen Jin.”

“Well, then, Lady Shen,” Granny Sun gave Shen Jin her respect. “I, Granny Sun, feel so honoured to be able to meet you.”

“There’s no need of courtesy, Granny Sun,” Shen Jin said.

Granny Sun looked at Shen Jin again. “Will you return to the town, my lady?”

“I don’t have the choice or he will look for you.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter