Chapter 3

General's Lady: Special Scene
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the next two days, Shen Jin was staying in the hut with Granny Sun, helping her doing some chores. Sometimes when she had time, she went to the lake near the hut, sitting there while enjoying the silence.

And often, she was thinking about him.

After a long unsettling moment, she finally could know his true heart that night.

It was like a dream for Shen Jin, remembering the hurtful words he said the day before.

He didn’t even see her as his lady.

That night, she was finally giving up.

She couldn’t go back to the capital, she went to the only place she knew would give her peace and maybe she would stay there until finally succumbed to her sadness.

But, he was there.

It was like he knew she was there.

Shen Jin didn’t know if those times she tried to make him open to her were in vain.

Cutie pie said she should have stayed; by doing that she didn’t deceive herself.

And now, if she remained in the mansion, who was the one she deceived?

The lady released a long breath.

But, that was history.

She needed to think what she would do next.

“Miss Wu…miss Wu…”

Shen Jin heard Granny Sun called her fake name. She took a deep breath and rose from her position, walking back to the hut.

She smiled when seeing the old lady. “Granny Sun.”

The older lady smiled in return. “I want to go to the town to find news about my grandson. Do you want to stay here or come with me?”

“Oh…let me go with you,” Shen Jin said.

Granny Sun only nodded and Shen Jin grinned, linking her arm to the old lady’s.

They walked together and stopped when they arrived in one of the merchants. Granny Sun walked inside while Shen Jin waited outside. It was the moment when she heard someone shouted. “You, lady.”

Shen Jin blinked and turned to see the person who called her. Her stomach churned when she recognized the man whom she hit two days earlier.

Of all those things, why should she see him now?

The lady could do one thing that crossed her mind.

She ran.

And because she didn’t familiar with the town, she finally came to a dead end of an alley and face to face with the man.

Shen Jin tried not to panic, but failed when she heard the man was coming closer to her with menacing smile.

“It seems you’re not a brave girl I saw earlier.”

The lady scoffed, hiding her erratic breathing. “And now, you’re picking at a young girl rather than an old lady? Shame on you.”

“Silence.” The man raised his hand and Shen Jin could only duck with her arms around her head, waiting for the man to hit her.

Instead of receiving a hit, she heard someone hit the man. Slowly, she raised her head to see her saviour. A tall man stood in front of her.

“Do you even know who she is and what will happen to you if you hurt her?” he said.

Shen Jin blinked.

She recognized the man’s voice.

“Go away if you still value your life.”

The man ran from the alley while grimacing and held his face.

Shen Jin slowly rose from her position and stared at the man.

“Xiao Su?”

The latter turned around and breathed a sigh of relief. “Lord Jin, I finally found you.”

Later, they both sat inside a teahouse and neither of them said anything. Xiao Su looked at the lady, she looked fine although wearing common clothes and he furrowed his eyebrows when he saw a bandage on Shen Jin’s right hand.

“Lord Jin, what happened to your hand?”

“Oh…this?” Shen Jin grimaced. “I helped someone and hurt myself.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter