Chapter 2

General's Lady: Special Scene
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun was almost rise, Shen Jin dressed as a man, quietly walked to the front gate of the mansion. Staying in the general’s mansion for a while, she already knew times which was safe for her to sneak out. She opened the big gate and walked outside, closing it again. Taking a few steps with a bundle on her left arm, she turned around and looked at the gate.

Several memories flashed in her mind.

When she first arrived, being locked, messing the mansion, meeting the maids…and meeting her general.

Shen Jin smiled sadly.

Even at the border, she couldn’t find her own home.

“I guess there’s no place which called home for me in this life,” she murmured to herself.

Taking a deep breath, she turned around again and began walking to the centre of the town. The streets began to full with crowds, and the Lady stared at the gate. Several people were seen came and went, she blew a breath, hoping the guards didn’t realize her disguise. When she was walking closely to the gate, her heartbeat turned erratic, but Shen Jin tried to calm herself. The guards didn’t seem to recognize her and when she finally walked out the town, she smiled in satisfaction. And, at the same time, in the mansion, Cutie pie found her letter.

“My Lady!” Cutie pie shouted while running around the mansion and holding Shen Jin’s letter. “My Lady, where are you? Don’t scare me.”

“Cutie pie, what’s wrong?” Xiao Su suddenly appeared and the maid stared at him with tears in her eyes.

“My Lady…she’s…she’s gone.”

“What?”

Xiao Su saw the letter on Cutie pie’s hand and took it.

“I know there’s something wrong about her. She acted weird since the last two days. And last night, she didn’t say much, only thank you,” Cutie pie mumbled. And then, she gasped, holding Xiao Su’s hand. “Susu, the Lady ran away. Does this mean the general is going to kill me?”

Xiao Su blinked. “Don’t talk like that.”

“Cutie pie, what happened? Why are you running around in this early morning?” the general’s maids were surrounding them.

“The Lady…she’s gone,” Cutie pie answered.

“Aiya…what? How?” Little onion asked.

“Yuan’er, can you send someone to the military camp and inform the general about this?” Xiao Su asked.

“Ah yes,” the male maid said and turned around, walking away.

In the military camp, the general was inside his tent when Panther-head rushed in.

“General, a messenger from the mansion said the Lady was gone.”

The general froze. “What? Gone?”

Panther-head nodded. “Cutie pie found her letter and the Lady was nowhere to be seen.”

Xiuming suddenly felt cold.

He didn’t say anything, only walked out from his tent, with Xiuyuan and Panther-head toying behind.

Meanwhile, in a village three miles from the town, Shen Jin already arrived. She took off her disguise, dressed as a woman, but only wearing common clothes with no hairpin. The Lady was just trying to blend in with the people. She counted her money and blew a breath, thinking on how to earn more in the future. But first, she was hungry and decided to eat a meal in nearby restaurant. It was the time when she saw a man bullied an old lady. Shen Jin watched the scene and nobody dared to help the old woman. As a person who endured bullying since childhood by her own blood sisters, she never stayed silent when she saw bullying in the streets. The Lady looked around, trying to find a way to help the old lady, and her eyes set on a blacksmith store. She quickly went in and her eyes darted around, landing on a weapon similar with the one she used to beat the general in training back in the military camp.

Shen Jin grinned.

“Please, sir, I have nothing to give you. I’m just an old lady waiting for my grandson,” the old lady said.

“Liar,” the man shouted, taking the old lady’s bundle. “Tell me what’s inside this bundle. Money?”

“Hey, you!” Shen Jin shouted.

The man stood still and turned around, seeing a young woman with common clothes, hair being tied behind her back, with weapon on her hands.

“What kind of man are you bullying old lady in the street?”

The man grinned. “Look at this. A girl trying to play hero with me.”

“Let her go.”

“Not so fast, my dear. Why don’t you come with me as the exchange?”

Shen Jin stood motionless while the man slowly approaching her. When he was coming closer, the Lady rotated her weapons and by the time it was the range of her weapon to be used, she did the same thing as she did to the general back in the camp. The weapon wrapped the man’s body, the latter gasped in shock, and by reflex, Shen Jin used the moment to punch the man on the face.

The latter swayed and fall on his back and Shen Jin said, “Aiya….” while holding her hand.

“Young lady, are you alright?” the old lady approached Shen Jin.

The Lady smiled. “I’m alright,” but, then she grimaced. “Well, maybe not.”

The old lady chuckled. “Thank you for helping me, miss. Come, let’s go to my hut. I’ll treat your hand.”

Shen Jin released her breath. “Thank you.”

Back to the mansion, the general arrived and saw all the maids wer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter