Chapter 1

General's Lady: Special Scene
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

 

Shen Jin stood silently after watching the general walked out the door. She glanced and saw Qing Qiu also walked away. She blew a breath and then, leaned on the kitchen door. She still remembered how the general pushed her away on the broad daylight, but then still cared for her.

What was his intention?

Making peace with her?

The sound of footsteps alerted her and she shielded herself, only saw her maid appeared. Cutie pie’s face was delighted.

“Come, my lady. We bring these to our room.”

Shen Jin suddenly lost her appetite, despite being hungry, trying to smile to the young girl in front her. “Yes.”

Both girls hurried back to Shen Jin’s room and Cutie pie devoured the food in front of them while Shen Jin ate silently and still thinking.

What would she do then?

She saw how her father has so many wives and saw how her mother had to endure bullying. She never thought she would have the same fate as her mother. She already said she had lost and there was no point in staying in the mansion anymore. But, where would she go, then?

Back to the capital? Absolutely not.

Staying in the mansion? Not an option either.

Shen Jin watched Cutie pie ate, her maid was saying a lot of things she didn’t really care of. She remembered when she met Cutie pie for the first time. She told the general about Cutie pie and Susu being homeless.

“Cutie pie…”

“Hmmm…?” the young girl raised her head and frowned. “My Lady, you said you were hungry, but why did you eat so little?”

Shen Jin smiled and put aside her bowl. “You never told me how was your life before you met me.”

Cutie pie blinked. She knew her Lady well, there must be something so she wanted to know about her former life. “My Lady, why did you ask? You know both Susu and I are very grateful to you.”

The Lady smiled. “I know. You both are my true friends.”

The maid sighed and held Shen Jin’s hands. “My Lady, the most important thing now is for you to eat and we will fight again tomorrow.”

Shen Jin chuckled. “Alright. You win.”

Later that night, Cutie pie went back to her room and Shen Jin lay on her bed.

Why don’t you tell her the truth?

Shen Jin closed her eyes, trying to sleep despite her erratic emotions.

Why do you have to hide so many things from me? What am I to you, then?

The next morning, Shen Jin decided to look for some fresh air, using the opportunity before the maids woke up. But, apparently fate was set a joke on her. Instead of Cutie pie, it was Princess Maya who called her when she was about to walk to the front gate of the mansion.

“Sister…”

Shen Jin stood in silence.

The Hawk princess was oblivious with Shen Jin’s gesture. She even stood in front of Shen Jin with big smile on her face. But then, the princess realized something. Instead of seeing a young girl with fire in her eyes, she met a person with sadness in it.

“Sister, is it something wrong?”

Shen Jin forced to smile. “Why do you care?”

Maya blinked. “Sister…”

“I told you I’ve lost.” Shen Jin held back her tears. “He chooses you anyway.”

“Huh?”

Shen Jin quickly walked away, leaving a confused princess behind her.

The Lady ventured in the town alone, seeing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter