Tbh

Thirteen Days Until Satan Takes a Chill Pill

“What do you mean he can’t lie?

 

“Well, it means he can’t lie,”

 

“I mean, what does that mean?”

 

“Jongin, are you being dumb on purpose? Just to piss me off again? It means he can’t lie. Baekhyun, being the that he is, drank a potion that turned out to be the potion that makes me tell the truth. Now he can’t lie to save his ty face! 

 

“Can you believe how dumb Baekhyun was? I warned him, again and again. Don’t go sniffing weird things, I told him. Definitely don’t eat or drink what you don’t recognize, I warned him. Did he listen, noOooOooOoo .  I leave him for one moment in this creepy hut we discovered — Look, I know you think that the sun shines thanks to Baekhyun’s , but you gotta talk to him. For sOMe reason, he listens to you.”

 

Jongin wanted to introduce Jongdae’s face with a ton of bricks.

 

“Where is he? Is he okay?”

 

Jongdae chuckled happily. “Oh yeaaaaaah, he’s fine. Locked himself in his room with a bunch of food. Apparently he’s going to stay in there until midnight.”

 

“Midnight. That’s when the potion will wear off?”

 

“Yup.”

 

“And when did you guys arrive?”

 

“About an hour ago. Kyungsoo tortured him for a while and did some recording, but that’s all.”

 

“That’s horrible. What did he ask?”

 

“I don’t know. Kyungsoo said we’ll have to pay if we want to hear it.”

 

Now, Jongin wanted to introduce Kyungsoo’s face with a pile of horse .

 

Baekhyun’s room was on the top floor, along with Jongin’s and Minseok’s. Minseok had always said that the gods cursed him with menaces of his life, instead of the love of his life.

 

It wasn’t their fault, really. Trouble just seemed to have a way of finding them. Like the time Jongin and Baekhyun decided to check if the spell book they found was legit, by summoning the most beloved pet of Satan. Satan wasn’t impressed, but he did go home without killing anyone, after everyone kneeled and begged for forgiveness.

 

Jongin knocked on Baekhyun’s door.

 

“Hyung, you alright?”

 

“Yes! No! Go away, Jongin! No, don’t go! Ughhhhhh … please com in, Jongin.”

 

There was a muffled sound of Baekhyun screaming into his pillow; Jongin had heard it many times before.

 

Jongin pushed the door open, and the usual creaking sound welcomed him, along with an utterly miserable looking Baekhyun. His white hair was messed up in all the glorious ways. Jongin suspected Baekhyun scratching his head in frustration. His room was as messy as it had never been. All of his closet doors were open, all the drawers pulled out. His clothes scattered all around the room; on the floor, on his desks, on his shelves, even a pair of pants were resting merrily on the chandelier.

 

But Baekhyun still looked like an angel, even more so than usual, with his white pants and white shirt. His white hair was standing up in all directions, and his silver glasses were lazily hanging around at the tip of his nose. It was hard for Jongin to understand exactly how Baekhyun could look hot while simultaneously looking like an adorable little grandma.

 

“Hi,” Baekhyun sat on his bed, cross legged and barefoot. He was hugging a pillow tightly to his chest.

 

“Hi, so I heard there was an … ah, incident with a potion?” Jongin picked up some books from the floor as he made his way to the only other sitting option in the room except for the bed and the floor.

 

The wind gently blew at his nape, from the open window behind him. It was his favorite spot in the whole room. Baekhyun’s room was round and was filled up with a giant bed, tall closets, numerous desks, bookshelves, and a large rug in the center of the room. 

 

“It was incredible, Jongin,” Baekhyun talked very quickly, as if he was being chased by a timer. “It’s hard to describe, but I swear that potion put a spell on me. There was a calling — well, not really a calling, but a calling. Does that make sense? No, it doesn’t. I’m sorry. It’s all so mushy in there — in my memory, and I always get nervous around you. You’d think knowing you and loving you for ten years would lose its excitement, but it never does —

 

Baekhyun inhaled sharply, shot Jongin a horrified look, and then dived face first into the pillow. He kept talking into it, and the reason behind why Baekhyun had been holding that pillow as if his life depended on it came to light: it did.

 

Jongin sat on the armchair with his mouth open. His heart had come to a screeching halt, and it stood staring at Baekhyun, daring to hope for the first time.





 

Please, 2021, be my one. The One, where I get my together.