Baekhyun

Thirteen Days Until Satan Takes a Chill Pill

Baekhyun’s alarm went off as Jongin entered the room. He watched as Baekhyun blindly d around the nightstand for a few seconds before grabbing his phone and silencing it . Baekhyun brought his phone up to his face — to check the time, Jongin guessed — and made a very ugly face as the harsh light of his phone screen assaulted his eyes .

 

He must have lost his grip on his phone because the next second, the damn device was landing on Baekhyun’s face. Baekhyun yelped and muttered something Jongin couldn’t understand from where he was standing .

 

Baekhyun threw his phone away and touched his nose, kicking his feet in tantrum, like a child denied the second bar of chocolate . His eyes found Jongin standing in the doorway and pouted.

 

“Are you just going to stand there while I perish in misery?”

 

Jongin’s eyes were teary. Why, he didn’t exactly know. But he had some ideas.

 

This was his boyfriend huffing and puffing on the bed. Byun Baekhyun was his boyfriend.

 

Baekhyun was like a magnet. He didn’t do anything special to pull Jongin to himself the way he did when they first met; it was in him. It was how he was. The way he talked, the way he laughed, the way he joked, even the way he made fun of you made you feel special, like you were chosen , selected, wanted .

 

He was so very witty, and even more intelligent, though few knew about it. He could be blinding like that. One would be so busy keeping up with his humor and energy and curiosity, to notice actually how reasonable he was, how humble and accepting .

 

Baekhyun was full of life, and he had enough to share it with everyone he loved. The more he loved, the more he lived.

 

Jongin stayed in the shadows long before he finally had the guts to shuffle his way to stand beside Baekhyun. He had had to actually tell himself over and over again not to look away whenever they met eyes. You have to look at him, he would remind himself. Look at him, watch him, and maybe, just maybe, Baekhyun will notice you.

 

He had been basking in the glory of spending the whole day with Baekhyun, when it happened. The credits started rolling, and Jongin’s heart sank with the thought of leaving. The day was over, it was time to go back to his room.

 

But Baekhyun’s arm was still on his shoulder, and he didn’t seem to think it was time to end the day of eating junk food and watching movies, so Jongin swallowed his fears and stood his ground.

 

Baekhyun had said his name, then. Jongin looked at him, and found himself closer to Baekhyun than he had ever been in his life. He could feel Baekhyun’s breath on him, soft and warm, and it smelled like the Choco pie he had shared with Jongin.

 

The room was dark except for the light coming out of the TV, but Baekhyun was, as always, bright.

 

His eyes had caught Jongin then, pulling him in and pressing him down. Jongin went happily.

 

When Baekhyun kissed him, Jongin understood for the first time in his life how it feels to have a completely happy heart. Baekhyun was kissing him, it was the greatest thing in the world, and everything else was going to be just fine.