Housemate part 3 (end)

I'll be there for you. ..
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'but... '
'Oh , this is all going wrong. I thought I could do it but I can't.'
Before I could react, he was gone. The door of the flat slammed shut behind him and I heard his footsteps clattering down the staircase. I sank down onto the sofa and clutched my hands tightly together to stop them trembling. My plams were damp too, desperate through I was for a glug of Pernod I knew the glass would slip through my fingers and crash to the floor. 
OK, concentrate. Taecyeon had jumped to the wrong conclusion. And so had I. He never loved yoona, I was certainly convinced of that now. And if he wasn't jealous at the thought of yoona being involved with someone else, then it stood to reason that he had to be jealous at the thought of me dating someone.. 
Shaking now, I replayed the incredible thought in my mind. But how could this be happening, exploding like a bomb in front of me with no warning at all?. 
And why was I feeling, amongst all the confusion and disbelief, as if it was something I'd been longing to happen.
But so secretly that I'd barely even acknowledged it, because it was simply the most unlikely scenario on the planet.
I wrapped my arms around my waist, rocking back and forth in order to think more clearly. Had I, deep down, been seriously attracted to taecyeon since the first time I saw him. 
Yes. 
Had I ever considered doing anything about it?
No. 
Never. 
Bcoz it was like fancying K-pop star Jang Wooyoung from afar. Millions of women and men did, it was absolutely harmless pastime. But they also knew that if they happened to bump into Jang wooyoung, the chances were that he probably wouldn't fancy the pants off them in return and pester them for a date.
And that was pretty much how it felt, inwardly acknowledging that taecyeon was gorgeous and funny and pretty damn fanciable - if a bit over zealous in the tidiness department.
However - and it was a big however- I didn't expect for a millisecond that anything would ever come of it because I knew so categorically I weren't taecyeon's type. 
Stumbling awkwardly to my feet, I headed for the chair over which he'd flung his leather jacket. My heart flip-flop-ping like a landed fish, I felt in the inside pocket and pulled out his keys.  His wallet and phone were in there too. He wasn't going to get far without them. 
But I couldn't bear to sit here waiting for taecyeon to come back. I had to find him before he had time to change his mind about me. Limping across to the window and flinging it open, I leaned out and searched the street below. 
It  was one thirty in the morning and there was no one in street. How much of a start had he got on me? Lifting my head, I called out, 'Taec' as loud as I dared. Then louder still, 'ta-aaaaaaaec', like a lone wolf howling in the forest. 
After a few seconds I heard a window being thrown open somewhere close by and male voice bellow, 'Shut the up'. 
But it was OK, it doesn't matter, because the voice didn't belong to taecyeon. (that would have spoiled the moment). I reached for my walking stick and hurried out of the flat. Where was taec? It was a cold night and all he was wearing was jeans
and an old polo shirt. Clunk-step, clunk-step went the stick against the stairs, interspersed with the sound of my rapid breathing. Then halfway down the staircase I saw the outline
of a figure in the shadows, a scruffily dressed figure with messy hair leaning against the far wall of the darkened hallway.
I abruptly stopped. Now that I'd found him I didn't know what to say. 'I heard the front door. I thought you'd left.'
Taecyeon shook his head. 'I was going to. Then I realised I didn't have my keys.'
"Or your jacket. You'd have been cold!'
'That too.' The whites of his eyes gleamed in the darkness.
'You could have stayed upstairs' I said.
'I couldn't. Too scared. I told you, I never expected to feel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter