Housemate part 2 (shortfic tk)

I'll be there for you. ..
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nichkhun part
'I've got some good news for you', I said. 
'oh?' taecyeon halted in the doorway, clearly surprised to see me still up at one o'clock in the morning.
'great news. Happy news. You're going to be thrilled. It might even make you crack a smile.' I was drinking Pernod and water, which was unbelievably disgusting but I'd been in need of Dutch courage and there hadn't been anything else alcoholic in the flat. 
'go on then', said taecyeon. 'Thrill me'
Having psyched myself up to tell taecyeon, I abruptly lost my temper.
'See? See? You're still doing it! ' my eyes narrowed and my voice rose as taecyeon chucked his jacket over the back of the chair. 'Even now! I'm trying to tell you something that you'll want to hear and you're being all distant and sarcastic.' 
'I'm sorry. Right I'm listening. See?' Taecyeon made his face deliberately blank. 'not being sarcastic at all'
And now he was treating me like a child. My stomach in knots, I blurted out 'Well,dont worry.. soon you can be as sarky as you like because I won't be here to see it. I'm moving out.'
A muscle was going in taecyeon's jaw.  For a couple of seconds he just stood there looking at me. Then he turned away 'right. Good for you. '
'is that it? Adrenaline was sloshing through my body. 'is that all you're going to say?'
'what else do you want me to say? OK I've got smth. Have you told Lee seung gi yet?'
'what?' I took a step back. 'no, because he's not here. I'll tell him tomorrow when he gets back. '
Taecyeon raised an eyebrow. 'And how do you think he'll react?'
'oh, come on, it's not a big deal!'
'Sure about that?'
'we are adults!'
'But you haven't mentioned it before now, have you'
'because I only decided tonight! My God, why are you being like this?. I'm leaving.' Pernod flew out of my glass as I flung my arms wide. 'isn't that enough? I thought you'd be delighted to have me out of here. And what's this about?'
Agitatedly jabbing a finger at his discarded jacket, I cried. 'You spend your life nagging me but it's OK for you to act like a slob. Would it kill you to hang that up? '
Slowly and deliberately, taecyeon picked up the jacket. As he made his way past me  he murmured,'Poor, does she know what she's letting herself in for?'
'will you shut up? I've worked for her for the last six months,haven't I? So I can't be that unbearable!'
Taecyeon stopped dead. 'worked for who?'
'kim yeo- jin'
He gazed at me in utter disbelief. 'you're having an affair with Kim yeo-jin'
'what? ' I let out a shriek. 'for crying out loud, what are you on? How could you think I'm having an affair with her? '
'But... But.. '
'she is old'. I wailed. 'And she's married.'
'so who are you moving in with?'
'Kim yeo-jin. And his husband. But I won't be living with them, not in the same house. It's a self contained annexed. When I wake up in the morning I'll see sheep. '
Taecyeon was gazing at the almost empty glass of Pernod. 'how many of those have you had?'
'one. It's vile.  And can we please stop arguing now, because I'm not moving tonight. I'm going to be here for another four weeks yet.'
He shook his head in confusion.'I don't understand the bit about sheep. At all.'
'there's loads of them, all over the hills. It's near Skipton. In Yorkshire. That's where I'm going to be living.' as I said the words, I wondered if I really wanted to go. 'living and working. It's a fresh start.'
'why? '
'why? Because I'm hoping it's going to be nicer than living here. My boss had already moved. I think it's better to be with Kim yeo-jin  in her new clinic. You dont want me here in this flat, you've made that perfectly obvious. Of course I'll miss lee seung gi but it's not going to stop me.. Skipton's a really friendly place, I'll meet loads o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter