2.17: the end must find its way back to be absolved, so i must return.

Sinful Fortuity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The air outside of her brother’s door was cold, and that was how she knew that she was too late. Seulgi stepped into the doorway, feeling the traces of emotions left behind by the people who had come before her, and crossed her arms.

“Where is she?”

Minhyuk didn’t answer her. He sighed and placed a hand on the windowsill.

“I asked: where is she?”

“I don’t think you have a right to be asking that question, .”

Seulgi’s head snapped towards the voice that was not her brother’s. Obscured in the darkness of the corner in which he sat, the figure remained motionless, facing Seulgi.

“And who the hell are you?”

The figure stood up, revealing himself in the dim glow of the moonlight filtering through the window. He was tall and skinny, and unnervingly familiar. Seulgi uncrossed her arms, stepping towards him as he watched her movements.

“Everyone really seems to love making me repeat myself today, huh?” She stepped into his space, pushing her finger into his chest with each word: “Who. Are. You?”

He merely stared into her eyes with challenge, the rest of his face stoic. Frustrated, Seulgi stepped back slightly but was caught off-guard when the boy shoved her backwards.

She hit the ground, which knocked the wind out of her, and the boy used this to his advantage as he climbed on top of her and punched her in the face. Not willing to back down so easily, Seulgi grabbed his wrist and shoved him aside easily, glancing at her brother to see why he wasn’t calling anyone for help. He sat with his back to her, face out to the window.

Seulgi cursed at his nonchalance and cursed again when the boy pulled her hair as she tried to get up. She smacked the ground again but quickly got up, avoiding the lunge the guy made for her by rolling to the side. He jammed his hands into the floor, eliciting a wince as his wrist felt the pain from his palms making impact with the tile.

Taking the opportunity that he was using to cradle his wrist to stand up, Seulgi tackled him and pinned him down, using her strength to her advantage against his thin frame. He sneered, distorting his pretty features, and spat into her face. Seulgi jerked back in shock, allowing him to punch her again.

Tasting blood inside , Seulgi spit out the red liquid onto the floor before turning back to her opponent. He had a cut lip from her last punch but didn’t seem ready to back down, so she stepped towards him with three quick steps and kicked his knees, making his legs buckle. She blew out a breath and grabbed his head, smashing it into her knee.

He groaned and pushed away, holding his nose. Knowing that he wouldn’t attempt anything silly again, Seulgi didn’t pursue him.

“So, are you two going to answer my questions? Where is she, and who are you?”

“Seulgi, can you sit down?” Minhyuk asked from his spot near the window. “I’ll let you know what you need to know once you’ve calmed yourself.”

Seulgi growled. “That’s rich, coming from you. Teaming up with the enemy to make your own sister a fool, huh?”

The boy let out a bark of laughter. “You don’t even know the whole story!”

Seulgi turned to him. “Oh, and you do? Stay out of it if you’re not involved, little boy.”

“I’m her brother, you er!”

“Her brother?” Seulgi laughed mockingly. “Wonder what Irene would think when she finds out he can’t even win a fight against her girlfriend.”

“Don’t you dare say her name with your filthy mouth.”

Seulgi took a threatening step towards him. “I’m the one with a filthy mouth?” she spat out, pointing to herself. “You’re the one who’s defending a criminal!”

“Shut up! You don’t know anything.”

“Sorry, but I don’t talk to broken records. Now if you’ll excuse us, I have to deal with my brother now.”

“You’re not talking to anyone until I’m done with you, you psychopath.”

“Har har, very funny. It’s none of your business.”

Minhyuk sighed. “Jinyoung, let me deal with her. I don’t want you to get hurt any further.”

Seulgi crossed her arms. “Oh, so you’re the one Yeri texts. Seems like Joy wasn’t the only one in on it.” She sat on the bed, crossing a leg over the other. “Tell me, who else knows. Irene must have found out by now by the pathetic look on your face. Who else? Wendy? Yeri?” When neither men gave an answer, Seulgi laughed again. “Seriously? All of you decided to turn your backs on me?”

“No one turned their back on you; you were being ridiculous with your fantasies of revenge. Everyone did the right thing by taking my sister away from you.”

“You h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter