2.7: give her a chance to play with your heart, like you did hers.

Sinful Fortuity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joy ultimately did not wake up at the club, so Seulgi and Wendy had to drag her out, both girls keeling under Joy’s height. Irene did her breathing regime as she sat in the car, not noticing Seulgi watch her intently from the backseat.

The tall girl mumbled something about popcorn chicken as Wendy struggled to keep herself upright with Joy on her shoulder. Seulgi almost felt pity for Wendy, but the blonde was lovestruck, and Seulgi knew from her brother’s past relationships that lovestruck people were probably struck in the head, because they acted like fools. Bowing down to the dirt so that the one they love may sit on their bent bodies. Treating them as royalty while allowing oneself to become the jester for their entertainment.

It was endearing when done right, she admitted. Her father had had several tricks up his sleeve to make her mother laugh. Her mother teasingly called Seulgi’s father her butler, and he’d immediately purse his lips and bow, putting on a mock posh accent to please her. Minhyuk was always pushing back on savings so he could get another pair of heels, another plush toy, another nice meal for his girlfriends.

She could see it in Wendy’s eyes, that tendency to be the fool, moreso because she was so kind. The beautiful willingness to give her everything to Joy’s convenience, knowing that Joy would do the same for her.

A soft sneeze brought her attention to the driver’s seat, where Irene’s eyes quickly turned to the road from where they were glued to the rearview mirror.

Seulgi wondered what Irene would be willing to do for her. If she would let Seulgi step on her so that she could get a better view of the world.

And if so, would it be Irene, the reformed angel that was seeking her heart, or Joohyun, the sinner unknowingly paying the dues she never paid before?

“We’re here.”

Yeri got out to open Wendy’s door as Wendy motioned for Seulgi to help her. Seulgi grabbed Joy’s left arm, and the three girls made their way to Seulgi’s place.

“Are you sure you’ll be fine? I can stay and help out if you’re too tired.”

Seulgi assured Wendy that she’d be fine and shooed away the blonde, who clearly did not want to leave a certain short-haired giant behind. Only after Seulgi gave in and gave Wendy permission to check in the next day did the smaller girl leave.

“Hraah!”

“Jesus Christ, why the hell does Wendy even like you?”

Seulgi stood contemplating whether she was willing to risk functionality in her back for the next few days to move Joy to her bed and take the sofa or if something deep, down in her heart was convinced that Joy was an who would do fine hanging off of the coffee table for the rest of the night.

“Curse my overbearing kindness,” Seulgi muttered as she slung Joy’s upper body over one shoulder, dragging the tall girl like a sack of potatoes to Seulgi’s room. After much difficulty opening her bedroom door, Seulgi flung Joy backward onto her bed, grunting as she collapsed on Joy’s arm in the process. Joy let out a snort and shifted to her side, slapping Seulgi’s forehead in the process.

“I’m only putting up with you because you’ve helped me so much before.” Seulgi rubbed her face, feeling the growing annoyance as she escaped from Joy’s death grip and sat up. She sighed and left the room, not bothering to close the door.

After digging around her wardrobe, Seulgi found a spare throw and settled on the couch. It was slightly chilly, even with the windows closed, so she pulled the blanket over her head and crouched in a tight ball to retain as much body heat as possible. Willing sleep to come before Death came riding in on an iceberg.

Oddly enough, between Joy’s rhythmical snoring and the muffled sound of city life outside, Seulgi lulled into unconsciousness, the tight holding on her knees relaxing.

---

“Joohyun.”

Seulgi called out softly to the girl standing in front of her. She didn’t turn around, seemingly focused on something in the distance. Seulgi saw the shorter girl smooth her chest and take deep breaths as she did before driving, prompting Seulgi to inch forward.

“Joohyun.”

Seulgi stood beside her and looked in the direction that the other was observing. There was a thick fog covering whatever was there. Seulgi squinted and started to move forward, stopping suddenly when she made out the silhouette of a familiar figure.

“Seulgi!”

Her father was bleeding in a car, reaching out as if to ask for help. Seulgi snapped out of her reverie and started to sprint towards him, only to be stopped by a small hand.

“What the hell?”

The other girl was looking down and shaking her head, droplets of water falling from her face every now and then. Seulgi tried to release herself from Joohyun’s grasp, desperately glancing back to where her father was bleeding out, eyes more lifeless by the second.

“Joohyun!”

Joohyun kept her eyes on the ground, murmuring something Seulgi couldn’t hear. She leaned forward to catch what the older girl said when someone groaned her name and let out a shaky exhale.

“Please, let me go, I need to go to him, I can save him…”

“I’m not…”

“Joohyun, please!”

She lost the other girl’s words over the horrid wail her father let out. Seulgi struggled vehemently, but Joohyun’s grip only tightened further. Seulgi helplessly cried out to her father, who smiled once at her before slackening. She turned back to unleash her anger on the other girl, only for her breath to catch at the sight of Joohyun looking up at her.

She was crying with an emotionless face. But what frightened Seulgi was not the presence of the tears but the fact that the girl was choking herself with her other hand, violently constricting the pale column of with nails digging into them. Seulgi tripped backwards, scrambling to get away, but Joohyun only added another hand to her neck and crouched down to face Seulgi as she continued to increase pressure on herself.

“I’m not...Joohyun. I’m...not...I’m Ire—”

“Seulgi!”

Seulgi screamed and threw her arms out in front of her, unable to grasp the state of her awakeness. A startled Joy jumped backwards, hitting the coffee table with a loud bang and swearing as her hit the wooden floor. This in turn frightened Seulgi again, the girl shrieking and hugging the throw to her chest.

“Owww, what the hell, man?” Joy said, rubbing her tailbone. She noticed that her friend was in obvious shock still, so she threw her dignit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter