Leaving

To Be Loved (A TOP Songfiction)

 


 
Watching the clock on the wall
Been a while since you called
 
 
 

 

What was I missing today?
 
I yawned as I flopped down on the sofa.
 
"Tired, hyung?"  Daesung flopped down beside me as he turned the cap of his bottled water.  
 
"Mm."  I nodded once in reply.  I also reached for my own bottle of water.  
 
"Anniversary went well last night?"  He asked.  But I could detect a bit of sarcasm in his voice.
 
"Pppshhh.  I don't even get why you even bothered to ask."  GDragon suddenly piped up.  He rolled his eyes, clearly knowing what happened.  
 
"Shut up, Ji."  I spat.
 
"What?  You probably made noona cry again.  Am I right or am I right?"  He challenged me as he raised a brow.  
 
"I told you to zip your  mouth!"  I yelled and threw my water bottle at him, which he easily dodged.
 
"When I get married, I'll make sure I won't be bastard to my wife like you."  He stated with venom in his voice.
 
"CLEARLY WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?!"  I stood up and charged towards him.
 
"TOP HYUNG!  JIYONG HYUNG!  NO!"  Daesung yelled and I felt a tight grip on my arm as he held me back.  "Jiyong hyung doesn't mean it, hyung.  He's just tired.  We're all tired.  Can we please finish everything now so we can go home?  The sooner we finish, the sooner we can rest."  He said hurriedly while still trying to pull me back down to the sofa.  "Seunghyun hyung, relax.. Come on now, sit... Yes, there we go... Good boy...  Now you can just err, play with your phone or rest..  Just please, relax..."  He begged.
 
I  shook off my arm from his grip and sat down.  I huffed and took out my phone.
 
Why is there no message on my phone?  That's odd.  I would usually receive a message or two.
 
I frowned.  Something's definitely missing.  I looked at the clock.
 
10:17 PM
 
I opened my inbox folder and scrolled through the messages.
 
Maybe I just opened the text messages without realizing.  But there was....nothing.
 
"Yah, what time is it?"  I asked Daesung who looked at me with a sorry face.
 
"It's around 10:15 in my watch.  Don't worry hyung, we'll finish really soon."  He smiled trying to cheer me up.  I ignored it and my eye brows furrowed.
 
Usually, i would have at least 15 messages and missed calls by this time....from her. 
 
 
 

I can't help but wait
It's late and I can't get no sleep
Something's different this time
It just doesn't feel right       

 
 
The atmosphere was different when I opened the door to my house.   
 
Ah, it must be the lights....      
 
After opening the lights, I dragged myself to the bedroom in sleepiness.  I was so tired and sleepy I went straight to bed.  Unconsciously, I turned and reached out my arm to the other side of the bed.  My eyes suddenly popped wide open to see if it was true and real.
 
Where is she?
 
 
 
Have we broken in two?
Am I really gonna lose you tonight?
 
 
 
"J-jina?" I whispered.  Her name sounded foreign to my lips.  I abruptly stood up and looked for her around the house, totally forgetting my sleepiness and tiredness.  
 
It was my first time ever to arrive at an empty house.
 
That, I realized.
 
I went back to the bedroom.
 
Maybe she came back when I was searching in the other rooms.
 
Finding the bedroom still empty, I checked my phone for any clue as to where she was.  But my phone remained useless.  I looked at the clock.
 
1:42 AM
 
"AISH!"  I grumbled and went back to bed.
 
2:00 AM
 
I couldn't sleep despite my body wanting to rest.  I tossed and turned but I just couldn't sleep.  I rubbed my head in annoyance and picked up my blanket.
 
Maybe I should just sleep on the couch.
 
 
 
You come walking in
Tears in your eyes
Pretending like it's alright
 
 
 
 
2:50 AM
 
"Seunghyun oppa...... Oppa...."  I woke up hearing a faint whisper.
 
"Whaat?"  I sleepily answered, with my eyes still closed.  
 
Why is somebody disturbing my sleep???
 
"Oppa, why are you sleeping here?  Come on, sleep on the bed." I felt a gently pull on my arm.
 
Is Jina back?
 
My eyes flew open to find out who it was.
 
She's here.
 
I rubbed the sleepiness out of my eyes to glare at her.  However, I stopped before I did.  Because her eyes were red and puffy.  Sure it was a sight I've always been seeing lately but this time, there was something different in her eyes.  I just couldn't pinpoint what it was.
 
What happened?  
 
 
 

But I know you're leaving
I know that smile
I can tell you've been crying

You're gonna say goodbye      

 

"Where were you?!"  I snapped without trying to hide my irritation.  I snatched my blanket from the couch and stomped upstairs and to the bedroom.  I didn't wait for her answer and jumped right back to bed. I heard her sigh as she followed me.  Though I kept an eye slightly open to watch her.  Her shoulders were slumped, like she was carrying the weight of the world.  Her face, bruised.

I immediately closed my eye when she turned around to face me.  I felt the bed move and I heard her soft sob.

Pppsssh... Does she think I'm already asleep?

"Hey, what's with the crying?!?  I can't sleep!!"  And this time, I really glared up at her.

"O-oh!"  She exclaimed, surprised I was still awake.  She quickly wiped her face.  "Sorry.  I-I'm not crying, Oppa.  I'm sorry....  Good night.  I'm sorry...."  She immediately apologized and turned to face the other side.

"Aish!"  I grumbled and covered my head with a pillow.  Finally letting myself to fall asleep.

 

 

Where does the time go?
Between goodbye and hello
How did we come to this
Is there something we missed
   

 

I woke up with the sound somebody ruffling and shuffling something.  I peered an eye and saw Jina doing something in the floor.  The closet door was open and I heard a bag's zipper.

I sat up on the bed.

"Jina?"  I sleepily called.

"O-OPPA!"  She exclaimed and immediately tried to cover the bags with clothes.  She stood up and went in front of me, or rather, trying to cover my view of what seemed to be luggages.  "Did I wake you up?  I'm sorry, please go back to sleep.  I was just... err, fixing some things."  She explained.

I looked at the clock.

4:07 AM

"At 4 in the morning???"  I questioned.

 

Along the way
With your bags at the door
I wanna pull you in close
And hold you once more

 

"Well...  Goodbye, Oppa."  Jina softly said with a sad smile on her face.  She slowly walked towards me, paused, and then hesitantly continued.  Up close, her face bore sorrow and pain.

Did I really cause all that?

An ugly bruise on side of her lips and a mark on her cheek tainted her face.  She took a deep breath and pecked my cheek.  I blinked.

"Thank you for everything, Oppa.  I'm sorry for all the trouble.  And I'm...sorry for disappointing you time and time again."  She walked away and picked up the bags.

After she turned the knob of the front door, she looked back at me.

"Take care of yourself, Oppa.  Bye."  She didn't get out just yet.  She waited for a few moments before finally turning her back on me.

Is this really happening to me?

"Jina!"  I suddenly called.

Her shoulders stiffened and looked back at me with a hopeful expression.

Don't go.  You vowed to love me until death do us part, didn't you?

"Yes Oppa?"  She asked, almost too fast.

"I....nothing.  Just.....just don't forget to lock the door."  I said and looked away.  

I heard a bitter laugh and the closing of the door.  I looked at the door.

It will open and Jina will be back saying she's just playing an inhumane joke on me.

I waited for minutes but it didn't open.

This is not happening.  It's just a nightmare and I will wake up with her beside me.

 

Here come the sleepless nights
Here come the tears I'm gonna cry
Here comes the last goodbye leaving us behind
Oh this can't be right

 

 

 

 

 

 

- Westlife's Leaving

 

 

 

[A/N]  Hello! :)  I hope you guys are liking the story so far. ^_^

THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING, COMMENTING AND SUBSCRIBING!  And no, it's not the end yet. :)

 

@sharsharr- YEEEEY! My first ever commenter! BWahaha.  THanks so much!!!  Ah, yeah.  I'm a fan of WL since I was in grade school.  But now i'm a kpop lovaaah.  But still love them tho.  I found their songs really nice so you should check em out.  Yeah, TOP in this fic is a bad TOP.  But but but.. the story... :D i should keep my lips sealed. ;)

@ketop4- Oh, it's actually my first time to write a sad fic!  My fics all have a 'comedy' touch in it.  But this plot had been in my mind for  a long time.  it's about time I write one.  ^_^  And good luck with your fics! FIGHTING! :D

@cassidy- Ooooh, have you listened to Westlife's songs before? :D  I'm glad!  Haha!  Well, here's the update in TOP's POV.  I hope you liked it.