RENJUNI

By the next winter.

 

The bunny boy among them. Shortest boy in the group. He was happy he had Aera, who was way shorter than him. Finally someone turned all the attention towards her. Renjun lived in relief by teasing his tiny best friend. The spring in her life. His smile could literally melt a million hearts around.

Aera secretly held him as her pride. Her pretty boy. Girls were all heels down for him.

Unfortunately Renjun had only one person in his life. More like, in his heart. That nobody other than Aera knew.

 

Of course it took a long while for him to be courageous enough to tell atleast Aera. Every time he tried to express his emotions to someone, nothing good happened. He was scared. No,

More like scarred.

Renjun had this huge red scar in his heart. Wounds are hard to heal. But scars? They'll never heal. So he carried it around. Covered it in heavy baggy clothes so no one can see.

Aera was so happy the day he came out. But it was too late for a confession.

Nothing can be done. Aera held her friend close to her heart.

That night, both of them cried so hard at his rooftop, trying to get ahead of all the hard feelings.

 

"I've known him for years. His smile, the way he talks, the way he laughs.. Even the way he cries. He's too cute to be existing. You have no idea how much I long for him.

I was just too late to realize how much I had fallen for him. Every time someone turned me down, every freaking hard times and happiness, Every time I was bullied, only he had my back. He's like snow flakes. I've never touched it. Every time I tried, it melted away from my grip.

I was too late to realize he started dating Haru. Haru is such a sweet girl. I don't know why he's being a jerk to her. It isn't him. Even though them falling apart is giving me a sense of hope and relief, I shouldn't do that. I shouldn't feel this way. I'm such a terrible friend"

He broke, fell into Aera's lap. Sobbing heavily. That was the day she realized how messed up her friends had become. She couldn't do anything for him. So they just sat there. Staring at the stars. Renjun liked talking about aliens. Somewhere in between their conversation slipped. He grew back his smiling face. Aera slowly admired his enthusiasm. Proudly smiling like a mother, patting his head. 'You're doing really good' she whispered under her breath.

 

Their life was all a mess. Aera was the only one, freely without any ties and commitments among them. She spent her mornings with them. And night texting taeyong or any other friend.

But once taeyong left, and he stopped texting. She felt a sudden void in her life. But she had her boys.

 

She held close to Renjun. Since that day, till forever.

(Atleast that's her wish)