Raw Version: The Last Eve

Underneath the Mistletoe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Raw Version: The Last Eve

Baekhyun sighed and watched the white mist escape his lips into the night. He let it drift off and gave another deep sigh.

He was worried. This was the last Christmas he would spend as a student and even right now, he was not sure where he wanted to wound up. The only thing he was certain of was that he wanted Kina by his side no matter what…

But she deserved the whole world and he was just… Baekhyun.

He was still trying to figure out what to do in life. His parents wanted him to go for civil exams just like his father but he wasn’t cut out for that. Sure he could give it a shot but what is the use if he was not going to enjoy it?

He sighed and took two Choco-bars as usual and walks solemnly to the cash-out. Kina already her life carved out for her. She had started her training for her role in her parent’s office and he knows she was the heir for that giant banking company.

It would be a lie if he says he did not feel intimated. He was a man and as a man, it was his job to provide for the family but right now… she was going to take up that role and that made him feel useless.

He was not against her working at all… in fact, he was so proud of her being so smart and impressing everyone in the office but it was the fact that he felt like a nobody.

“Merry Christmas, Baekhyun.” The old man at the counter greeted him and Baekhyun mustered a smile to return the greeting.

He walked to her house as usual but without the spring he usually has. He wanted to see her, to kiss her, and to hug her, and yet the reality of the situation felt like a stone has been tied to his legs.

“I had a dream last night,” He begins once they were cozied up on their couch with the giant TV displaying some silly Christmas rom-com movie.

“Hmm? What was it about?”

“I dreamt… Wait. It was a nightmare.”

“Oh?”

“I had a nightmare that you were married to someone else.” He frowns, his heart clenching just with the thought of Kina being with someone else. “And… it was none other than our history professor. Professor Oh Sehun.”

Kina chuckled at that, her hand coming to smoothen down his hair as he buried his face even deeper into her neck.

“When I said I had a slight crush on him, I think you thought too much into it.” She says with a chuckle and a shake of her head.

It was true. Baekhyun had given it too much of a thought. Professor Oh was an impeccable man with perfection following everything he does. It was hard not to see why Kina would like such a man.

“The dream was so real,” He explains, “You were married to him and…” He gulped, his nose stinging a little. “You wouldn’t listen to me even when I keep telling you that I am your boyfriend.”

Kina quietens down at that, her smiles breaking. Baekhyun knew he was sensitive about this thing… about her leaving him and she knew that.

“Baekhyun…” She says with a soothing voice, “it was just a dream.”

“I know…” He says feeling his nose becoming runny and his eyes tearing up. “But it just… felt so real. You were there but you did not like me… I kept trying to tell you but you wouldn’t listen and you simply sat there with him… I just… I felt lost and I cried so much.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter