The Second Eve

Underneath the Mistletoe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Note Please: The background for the characters remains almost the same as in WIL so please bear that in mind as you read. ^^ Happy reading!!

 

 

 

Halloween: The Second Year

Baekhyun almost grinned as he looked at the names displayed on the bulletin board showing names that were to take care of the Halloween Party this year.

Byun Baekhyun and Lee Kina

Their names looked pretty together. He supposed they would look even better together.

Oh gosh, what was he thinking?

His hands came up to cover his face feeling heat creep up his face at that thought alone. Since last Christmas Eve, Kina has caught his attention in such a terrible way that it felt as though he did not notice his break up with his girlfriend.

He felt like an , in all honesty for feeling like that. Of course, he had been hurt when his girlfriend dumped him out of nowhere and began dating strings of boys before a week had even ended.

But he did not mind much that they were over, especially when he heard stories from his friends about how she had gone around cheating on him several times even during their relationship. It pained him... But he lived through it because, as bad as it sounds when he was in college when a certain girl was in his line of vision, it was so incredibly hard for him to focus on anything… Not only the breakup but even the problems that were raging at home.

At first, it had been mere curiosity. He began observing Lee Kina, a girl who seemed so different on that night as opposed to how she acted daily. He watched her and every single day, he was more drawn towards her than the day before.

It was fascinating. She seemed so cheery and positive when she was in college as opposed to the lonely and blue aura she possessed when she was all alone.

It made him curious… It made him mad. As a curious observer of the people around him, he could say he had figured out a lot of people but Kina was an exception. He was mad that he did not know about her.

He supposes he had been a tiny bit creepy as he eyed her everywhere she went but other than that, he did not force himself into her life. And as curious he had been… He felt nervous approaching her.

This was probably the first time in his history of feeling nervous approaching someone.

But now… He grinned looking at their names. He had the opportunity of becoming closer to her.

 

~Run to me through the white night cause I adore you
Run to me through the white night cause I am waiting for you.~

 

Christmas Eve: The second year

Baekhyun huffed and panted as the cold wind brushed past his face as though they had knives to cut through his skin. His chocolate brown hair flopped and bounced with every step on his running.

Crap! It was Christmas Eve and because his parents insisted that he had dinner with them and the family, he had been stuck. At least last year when he still had a girlfriend, he had the excuse of going on a date but being single really made him stuck.

With only two and half hours to reach Christmas, he wonders if he’d be lucky enough to chance upon a certain girl who he met last Christmas Eve underneath the Mistletoes.

He hurried over, running faster despite the snow that was fast falling. He really did not mind the cold nor the snow because his mind was all occupied.

He folds over once the convenience store came to his sight and with his hands on his knees, he stops to catch his breath. Boy, the night was certainly cold.

Looking up, he felt his heart jump up and down with anticipation. Would he see her?

With hopeful eyes, he looks at the place they sat just last year, and sure enough, his flushed face breaks into a bright smile seeing the girl eat a Choco-bar seating underneath the mistletoe. His heart thunders and his pulse raced and he was positive that it wasn’t because of the running.

After Halloween this year, they had the opportunity to interact in college and he had been floored that she was a joy to talk to as opposed to the one they had last Christmas. But he supposes that was because she was not familiar with him and that she was uncomfortable.

The saddest and most disappointing thing was that she still did not know his name. She called him ‘Bae’. Although honestly, with the way he was crushing on him like a school girl right now… He wouldn’t mind it if she called him bae.

Wasting no time, seeing that the ice-cream bar in her hands was slowly disappearing he rushed inside to grab a seat right beside her, this year without any chair in between them letting out an awkward cough.

“Oh…” She exclaims a little as soon as she notices, “Baekhyun…”

His heart flutters at his name being called out by her. He could confidently say they shared a proper relationship as friends and classmates now.

If

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter