[TW] Fifth Chapter

Getaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TRIGGER WARNING:

Slight mentions of violence, threats, and abuse, but nothing too detailed. Please proceed with caution. 

 

 

Breathing deeply, Minnie tried to calm her nerves down whilst she waited in their previous favorite café. Miraculously, Soojin and Soyeon agreed to meet her after their unpleasant encounter a few days ago. Minnie seriously thought about it, but if she wanted to fix her relationship with the people she deeply cares for, she would at least need to talk to them, especially the ones who are currently closest to her beloved maknaes, Yuqi and Shuhua.

Since Soojin already agreed before with meeting her, Minnie felt slightly comfortable with the girl, despite Soojin’s previous proclamation of hatred towards her; the woman was still kind enough to at least listen to Minnie and consider most of her feelings. On the other hand, Soyeon was another topic. The leader was furious at her, especially that Yuqi, amongst all of them beside Miyeon, was most affected by the trauma Minnie left them with. The Chinese being closest to her, and apparently treating Minnie as the only sister she could rely on, especially with her family problems, shamelessly turned her back against her and left her in the cold.

Looking back, Minnie genuinely regrets leaving Yuqi behind, especially when the Chinese needed her the most.

 

 

College was a blessing to Minnie. She thought she could never enter Seoul University given her first and second-year grades, but compared to most students, her entrance exam mark was one of the highest on their campus, alongside Miyeon, who helped her study day and night just so they could pass without Minnie trying to bribe her way. She was tempted, really, but Miyeon’s persistent demands and pleas to be fair honestly made Minnie guilty. She knew how hardworking Miyeon was, knowing her family background and all that, plus the fact that Miyeon undoubtedly dislikes ‘privileged’ benefits, given that their family could never afford it, and thus, she always had to fight her way amongst the rich people.

How could Minnie ever say no to those determined, yet also pleading eyes of Miyeon? The girl was too cute and extremely adorable when she confidently boosted Minnie's doubts that always assumed the worst, and that always believed could never pass the university’s standards. But Miyeon believed in her. Always. She never once questioned Minnie’s ability. In fact, if it wasn’t for Miyeon, Minnie would have never thought of completely changing herself from being rebellious to a surprisingly diligent student. It was always because of Miyeon that she became the woman right now.

 

 

“Hi,” Minnie greeted, albeit losing her voice midway.

Across her was Soojin and Soyeon, who had contrasting expressions upon their arrival. Soojin had this calm but wary aura around her, while Soyeon never hid her hostile behavior and threatening stares. They both stayed silent, but Soojin acknowledged Minnie’s nervous greeting with a nod.

“What do you want?” Soyeon snarled, but Soojin immediately placed her hand on Soyeon’s knee to remind her to calm down. Apparently, the lioness could barely hold in her anger, especially if it reminds her of Yuqi’s terrified gazes, or piercing wails, or heartbreaking smiles. Minnie triggered those memories, and Soyeon wasn’t having it. Still, she breathed a deep sigh and tried to compose herself.

“I… I wanted to apologize first. For everything.” Minnie started, but before she could even continue, she already saw how Soyeon scoffed. Trying her best to ignore the pain of being ridiculed while she’s vulnerable, she gulped and continued speaking. “I know it’s a lot to take in, and I know what I did was unforgivable—”

“Then what’s the point of you apologizing?” Soyeon retorted. “Formalities? You’re kidding me.”

“Let her finish.” It was Soojin who finally intervened.

“What? You’re siding her now? Do you not remember how Shuhua—”

“Do not bring Shuhua in this conversation, especially if she’s not here.” Soojin threatened, her voice low and menacing as she shot Soyeon a warning glare.

Soyeon just scoffed in response, while Minnie nervously sat in her seat. The atmosphere suddenly getting thicker, with both of their defensive sides unleashing to protect their beloveds. Nonetheless, Minnie cleared to at least defuse the tension.

“I— I understand.” She stuttered.

“No! No, you don’t. Clearly, you do not realize what we had to go through after you left! You do not know anything at all, so stop being a saint and just off!” Soyeon shouted.

“Soyeon—”

“What? Don’t stop me from saying these things, Soojin! You should’ve known better! If it wasn’t for this damn spoiled kid, then Yuqi… Yuqi…” Soyeon suddenly teared up, heaving deep breathes to collect herself once again. The other two remained silent in respect of Soyeon’s feelings, especially Soojin. They both shared the same experience, after all, but Yuqi’s scenario was a lot more traumatic than Shuhua’s.

“Yuqi wouldn’t have been disowned by her family.” Soyeon finally continued, glaring furiously towards the Thai. “If it wasn’t because of you, then maybe Shuhua and Yuqi could still go home to their country.”

 

 

College went smoothly for Minnie and Miyeon. If anything, it only made them closer, and Minnie’s feelings towards the Korean strengthened over the past years. She wouldn’t admit it yet, but she knew how Miyeon changed her life for the better. Because of Miyeon’s kindness and love towards her, Minnie willed herself to be someone worthy of Miyeon’s heart.

‘Wait, what?’ The Thai suddenly furrowed her brows at the thought. ‘Miyeon’s heart? What am I thinking?’ She scoffed, suddenly sitting up to erase such ridiculous ideas.

Miyeon gave her a confused look. They’re currently at the universities’ open field, where they could just lie down on the grass or rest under the tree.

“Are you okay?” Miyeon asked, sitting up as well to soothe Minnie’s back.

“Yeah, just—thinking of something,” Minnie mumbled.

“About what?”

Minnie remained silent for a moment. She couldn’t just confess her thoughts right now, yeah? Especially if her thoughts were mostly filled by this goddess beside her. With that thought, she instantly blushed, noticing as well that Miyeon moved closer to her face to examine her. Quickly, she flinched back.

“N–nothing! I’m okay, I promise.” She assured, but Miyeon frowned.

“You’re hiding something. I can feel it.”

“What?” Minnie’s voice raised a higher tone than her normal one, indicating that she was slightly nervous. “What are you talking about?” She quickly turned her head against Miyeon and laughed awkwardly.

Miyeon wasn’t having it. As much as she doesn’t want to push the Thai to say what’s inside her head, they have been together (as best friends) for years now, and Miyeon felt that she at least have a right to worry and ask about Minnie’s feelings. Without second thoughts, Miyeon placed herself in front of Minnie and between her legs, cupping the Thai’s cheeks so Minnie could face her.

“Spill.” Miyeon urged.

But if only Minnie wasn’t having these absurd thoughts of Miyeon’s body slightly pressed against her own, or that Miyeon was actually in between her legs and looking down at her, or how Miyeon’s touch warmed her face; or, how her hands naturally s around Miyeon’s waist, how she slowly and carefully moved up to gradually close the gap between their lips, how her eyes softly closing on their own as she moved nearer, and closer; Miyeon’s breath tickling her skin—

“Minnie…” Miyeon suddenly whispered, a bit breathless. “What are you doing?”

“The obvious?” Minnie whispered back, sensing that Miyeon wasn’t pulling away. In fact, she noticed how the girl even moved closer and adjusted her position so Minnie could somehow reach her.

Miyeon blushed. Hard. And if Minnie thought Miyeon couldn’t be more adorable than when she was smiling, this particular scene proved her wrong. She quickly took note of this blushing Miyeon in her head.

“If you want to know what’s inside my head, do not move.” She added, her last statement sounding more of a command, which honestly sent shivers down Miyeon’s spine.

And just like that, Miyeon was in a trance, unable to move like how Minnie told her. Her whole body froze as she watched Minnie leaned closer, and closer, and finally, her lips touching the Thai’s soft and sweet ones. And again, just like that, Miyeon instantly melted, letting her lips dance along with the Thai’s as the latter leads the ges

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter