Chalet of love

Hallstatt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kyuhyun was standing in awe at the Hallstatt Skywalk. This impressive viewing platform in Salzberg, the so called ‘World Heritage Skywalk’, hovers 350 meters above the roofs of Hallstatt and offers a unique panoramic view over Lake Hallstatt and the impressive mountain scenery.

"It's awesome!!" Kyuhyun said, breathing in fresh mountain air and kept admiring the view.

"It is, isn't it?! And I'm glad that you suggested to come here during summer, or else we'll be freezing all over and ran back in" Sungmin laughed.

Kyuhyun was having his summer holidays and had suggested to Sungmin that they rented a car and stay over in a chalet at Dormio Resort Obertraun, about 3km from the Hallstatt Skywalk. The chalet was a beautiful place, overlooking the Hallstatter See, which is the lake but on the other side of the village. 

Hallstatt Skywalk "Welterbeblick" Aussichtsplattform is the Observation deck, and both Kyuhyun and Sungmin were now standing on a 360-meters-high free-floating viewing platform, with the beautiful lake and mountains in front of them. 

To get up to the Hallstatt Skywalk visitors will need to either make the one hour hike or take the Salzbergbahn Hallstatt, a 5-minute funicular ride that takes them right up to the viewpoint area.  After Kyuhyun had parked the car at the base of the Skywalk, Sungmin suggested that they took the funicular ride for the experience, rather then hiking up. Kyuhyun readily agreed as he wanted to try the cable car ride too. 

After the viewing platform, they decided to join the famous Hallstatt Salt Mine tour. They took the funicular ride again to go up the hillside to the start of the Hallstatt Salt Mine tour. The salt mine produced high-quality salt from the Austrian Alps and the souvenir shop proved to be popular with tourist who wanted to get a hold of various items made from these salt from Austrian Alps. 

As Kyuhyun and Sungmin stroll through the 200-square-meter Salt Mine Shop, they saw an amazingly wide variety of products made from salt. 

"These salt additives for a healthy bath seems interesting, I should get one for my noona" Kyuhyun said, showing it to Sungmin. 

"Yeah, should I get one for my aunt?" Sungmin said, considering it seriously. 

"You should" Kyuhyun smile, and added "This salt-water cure for whatever ails your tummy is interesting too. It's from natural salt. I'm taking this!" Kyuhyun took 5 bottles. 

"See the expiry date. You will only flying home end of next year, right" Sungmin asked casually. He knew that he would be very sad after Kyuhyun leaves, and actually, he didn't want to separate from him. He liked him a lot and have feelings for him. But he didn't know if it would be appropriate for him to tell Kyuhyun. What if Kyuhyun hate him and didn't want to be his friend anymore? 

"Hmmm, it's 2025, should be ok, unless we come here again next year?" 

"Better just buy then! If we come here again, maybe can buy more? Anyway I'm still getting the bath salt for my aunt and myself!" Sungmin smile and took 5 bars "And one for you!". 

Kyuhyun chuckled "Thanks! Let's pay and buy lunch and we can eat at our chalet's upper verandah. The view is fantastic!" 

They paid, took the funicular ride down and bought lunch at a cafe. Back at their chalet,  Sungmin boiled water to make hot tea, and Kyuhyun laid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter