Finally!

Hallstatt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It's been 8 months since Kyuhyun left Hallstatt, and resumed his lectures at Ewha Womans University. During his last 12 months in the beautiful village, he could not apply for any permanent position at the University as none available, so with a heavy heart, he has to bid goodbye to the beautiful Hallstatt as well to his beautiful Sungmin. 

He had promised Sungmin that he would keep in touch, and looked out for any permanent placement at IHHB. Though Sungmin was sad, he let Kyuhyun go with smiles on his face but crying in his heart.  He never want to impose a confirmed relationship with him and he kept telling Kyuhyun that he should still keep his choices opened. 

During the following autumn, one of the senior professors at IHHB had tendered his resignation as he would be migrating to Germany to stay with his daughter. A lecturer at IHHB whom Kyuhyun had been keeping in touch with, conveyed to him the good news! Seeing this opportunity, Kyuhyun seized it and applied for a permanent position. He knew it might take some time before anything could be confirmed, so he prayed that he would get that permanent lecturer position. 

"Kyu, my friend's family will be coming over this Friday evening for dinner. You come back straight home from the University okay? I want to introduce you to her daughter, Ryeowook" Mrs Cho told Kyuhyun on one Wednesday morning while he was eating breakfast. 

He almost choked! "What? Introduce me? Whatever for?" Kyuhyun cleared his throat and quickly sip his coffee. 

"You are in a marriageable age and it's about time you have someone" 

"Omma, I can find my own partner, you don't have to find for me..." 

"But you are not finding! You only think of work, and it's getting worst eversince you came back from Hallstatt" 

Kyuhyun leaned back on the dining chair. "Omma, actually I have intention to go back there to work permanently" 

"What? No! That's so far away!" 

"Omma, I like it there and I felt so peaceful there. It's really a beautiful place and the students are so well-behaved and well-mannered. They never looked down on us Asians and they welcomed me with open arms" 

"Kyu, spare a thought for your parents, especially me, your mother. I'm old and I want you to be here. I will not agree if you work there permanently. You have a good job here and your family is here..."

"Omma...."

"Can you just try to get to know Mrs Kim's daughter? I'm not forcing you into a marriage or a relationship. So be a good son and just be here on Friday".

Kyuhyun gave up "Alright alright, I'll be here, I promise" he said, sighing. He finished his coffee and got up. He hugged his mother and grabbed his work bag and bid her goodbye. 

On that Friday, his staff meeting at the University was longer than expected, so he texted his mother to say that he would be slightly late. When he reached home, their visitors had just started dinner. 

"Kyu! Welcome back. Come, join us for dinner!" Mrs Cho gestured him to join them. 

Kyuhyun put his bag and walked towards their dining table. "Annyeong! Sorry that I'm late. My meeting got extended" Kyuhyun bowed politely at their guest. 

Mrs Cho introduced Kyuhyun to the Kims, and that he is currently lecturer at Ewha Womans University teaching Arithmetic and Calculus.  She gestured Kyuhyun to sit next to the Kims daughter. 

The Kims in turn introduced their daughter. "Kyuhyun-ssi, this is Ryeowook, and she's currently working as video editor for a web design company" Mrs Kim said happily. 

"Annyeong, Ryeowook-ssi" Kyuhyun said politely, bowing slightly and smiling at her. Ryeowook dressed simply. She looked simple yet very pretty, and somehow did stir some strings in his heart. 

"Annyeong, Kyuhyun-ssi" she said smiling politely and bowed a little. 

They resumed their dinner and Mrs Cho gave Kyuhyun his bowl of rice. The mothers talked about some interesting news and the fathers talked about some business news. 

"I heard that you were seconded to Hallstatt? You are very lucky because it's a beautiful place" Ryeowook started a conversation with him. 

"It is! I was there for 2 years, and I enjoyed every minute of it. It's really peaceful and relaxing and the whole village changed every season. So every season has its own beauty" 

"Wow I wish I could visit there. You must have missed it, now that you are here". 

"I do miss it. You will too, if you are in my position!" Kyuhyun smile.  "How's your work? What do you usually need to edit?" 

Ryeowook chuckled "A lot, believe it or not! The background noises, the lack of lighting, the ad-libs, just to name a few. Once the video editing is complete, we can release it to media sources" she told him.

Somehow she looked cute when she chuckled, just like Sungmin. He sighed. Why was he thinking about Sungmin now? He must have mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter