Beautiful Hallstatt

Hallstatt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kyuhyun was seconded to Austria to teach Arithmetic and Calculus in a college in a village called Hallstatt. 

Hallstatt is a village on Lake Hallstatt's western shore in Austria's mountainous Salzkammergut region. Its 16th-century Alpine houses and alleyways are home to cafes and shops. One of these cafes was where Kyuhyun was staying, at Cafe Restaurant zum Mühlbach, where he has a room with a nice balcony view at the village and also part of the lake, with one double bed and full room facilities.

Kyuhyun got to know that there was a funicular railway that connects this village to Salzwelten, an ancient salt mine with a subterranean salt lake, and to Skywalk Hallstatt viewing platform. There was also a trail where it would lead visitors to the Echern Valley glacier garden with glacial potholes and Waldbachstrub Waterfall. He has plenty of time to explore since he would be in this beautiful village for two years! 

Kyuhyun would be starting his Arithmetic and Calculus teaching at Internationale Hochschule Bad Honnef - Bonn, a day after tomorrow, when college term re-opened for winter. He had visited the college yesterday and for today, he intended to walk around the village to admire its beauty. 

As he passed by a house next to the church, he could hear guitar strings and a guy's voice who seemed to be giving instruction to someone. Oh well, must be a guitar tuition session, Kyuhyun thought as he walked further, and started taking photos. 

After a while, Kyuhyun saw a bus-stop and walked towards it with the intention to learn more about public transport within Hallstatt, and the bus schedule. Of course walking would be the best, but in case he was late, he could always take the bus. 

He stopped to take a photo of the bus-stop as it was so quaint and cute, when suddenly, somebody bumped into him from behind, causing his phone to drop. In fact, it caused that person's phone to drop too. 

"I'm sorry! I didn't realised you stopped. I was texting and didn't looked up..." the guy apologised while bending down to retrieve his phone and Kyuhyun's phone. As he got up, Kyuhyun saw a beautiful face, with big round eyes, cute mouth, and blond hair. And with an Asian look. 

"Ahhhh, it's okay, I'm sorry too because I stopped suddenly. I didn't know there was somebody behind me. I just wanted to take a photo of the bus stop" Kyuhyun smile and bowed a little while accepting back his phone. 

"Ohh you are a tourist? You looked Asian. Where are you from? I'm sorry, I'm Lee Sungmin, by the way" Sungmin extended his hand. 

"Hi, nice to meet you fellow Asian!. I'm Cho Kyuhyun" Kyuhyun smile warmly, accepting Sungmin's extended hand. "I'm here for a 2-years attachment as a lecturer in IHHB, and I was just exploring this beautiful village. I'm from Seoul, South Korea" 

"Seriously? I'm from South Korea too, from Ilsan! Wow, a fellow Korean!" Sungmin said happily. "Ohhh the bus is here. I gotta go" Sungmin said in Hangeul, and grabbed Kyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter