Day Three

All I Want For Krismas Is Wu

"I'm freezing." / "You're freezing."

 

“Do you ever wear anything other than your stupid sweaters in the winter?” Kris had to ask because the chattering of the shorter man’s teeth had filled the air around them for the last ten minutes as they stood outside on the sidewalk, waiting for the Christmas parade to start. “You’re freezing out here and yet instead of getting that big coat like I told you to, you decided on one of your big sweaters.” He reached out and patted Junmyeon’s rosy tinted cheek that was almost cold as ice.

Junmyeon glared up at him, his voice muffled by his thick scarf around his neck, “I’m sorry but I can’t be a gigantic walking furnace like you. Even if I had that big coat, I’d still be freezing.”

Kris rolled his eyes, taking the hand-warmers out of his coat pockets and slipping one into Junmyeon’s mitten before following suit with the other, “It still would’ve been better than just a sweater. Are you even wearing layers?” He cupped both Junmyeon’s mitten-clothed hands and breathed a puff of warmth against them, rubbing them to help warm them up with his hand-warmers.

“I am wearing layers,” Junmyeon insisted, cheeks flushing slightly at the gesture of Kris trying to warm up his hands. When Kris raised his gaze up from where he held Junmyeon’s hands to meet the shorter’s, his eyebrow raised at the teasing expression in the man’s eyes and the way the man’s bottom lip poked out in a pout over the top of the scarf. “My lips are cold too.”

Kris stared at them for a moment before his gaze drifted back up to meet Junmyeon’s eyes, “Too bad, you should’ve dressed warmer.” He let go of Junmyeon’s hands to stuff his own back into his coat pockets that were cool now that the hand-warmers weren’t in them. He stood back by Junmyeon’s side, completely ignoring the fact that Junmyeon was staring him down now with the biggest pout he could manage on his face. “Nope, not working.”

The sounds of the music and marching of the parade was getting closer, the parade was about to make its way down their area of the street. Kris, being the giant he was, could already see the first float of the parade whereas Junmyeon was forced to resort to standing on his tip-toes just to catch a slight glimpse of it. Eventually he gave up.

His hands were warmer now but with the small gusts of wind that kept coming and going, it still left him with a chill. He shivered, lip poking out again as he looked up at Kris, “I’m still freezing.”

Kris gave him a side glance, finally a small smile started tugging at his lips, one that he tried to fight back but when he saw that pout again, he couldn’t help the grin and soft laugh that escaped his lips. “Of course,” he tried to glare the shorter male, but it was failing with the smile that was still on his face, “you only wore a sweater.”

Junmyeon was about to complain again but Kris ing his own coat had him pausing. The taller man moved behind him, opening his coat up and pulling Junmyeon back against his chest, wrapping his coat around the shorter man. And oh, yeah, Junmyeon was right, Kris? He was a giant human furnace because the heat engulfing him now was finally thawing him out. Even with the wind blowing, he was warming up and content now.

Kris’s chin came to rest on top of Junmyeon’s head, his voice mumbling, “You need to dress warmer.”