Day Seventeen

All I Want For Krismas Is Wu

Reindeer (antlers, red nose, etc)

Kris tied the string at the back of his head, adjusting the white beard and mustache on his face. It was already starting to itch and he was trying his best to not scratch. He slipped on the round glasses, and pushed them a little ways down the bridge of his nose, to try and fit the image of old Saint Nick. He slipped on the red and white coat, he opted out of the body suit that would’ve gave him the jolly belly that Santa had.

The coat was warm enough, along with his clothes under it, the body suit might’ve been too hot to wear. Especially if he’s going to be inside the mall, heaters going full blast overhead as shoppers bustled here and there. The cherry on the top was the red hat that he slipped on, fake white hair covering up his own.

When he looked in the mirror, he had to refrain from burying his face into his hand. This was for a good cause, he knew, but it didn’t stop the fact that he looked ridiculous. If it wasn’t for his boyfriend talking him into the small part-time job, he wouldn’t have given the offer a second thought.

“I just want you for my own, more than you could ever know,” the soft voice came from outside of the dressing room, his boyfriend’s voice was clear as he sang the little song that Kris had heard on their way to the mall. “Make my wish come true, all I want for Krismas is wu.” Kris rolled his eyes when he heard the same emphasize on his name.

Junmyeon had done the same when he was singing along to the song on the way here, throwing a cheeky grin over at Kris while he did so. He thought that he would’ve given it a rest by now, but apparently not.

Just as he stepped outside of the dressing room, he was met with a ‘You, baby’ but that was the least of Kris’s concern as he took in the sight of his short boyfriend. He had to fight back the laugh threatening to leave his lips, even though he could see a laugh building up from Junmyeon too.

There, in the dorkiest costume he’d ever thought he’d witness, was his cute boyfriend. The costume looked like it was a large brown pajama onesie, a white patch across the belly and chest area of the costume. On top of Junmyeon’s head was a bright red pair of fake antlers, matching the bright red ball resting on Junmyeon’s nose.

“You look-”

“You look-”

Kris laughed when they both started to comment on the other’s attire. He already had a feeling of what his boyfriend was going to say, and he was sure that Junmyeon knew too.

“Ridiculous?” Kris provided.

Junmyeon bit his bottom lip to keep the smile from creeping across his face, but was failing at the corners that were already tugging upwards. “Yeah, at least I’ll have a pretty good idea of what you look like when you’re old.”

That statement had Kris’s cheeks flaring up, although it wasn’t that noticeable since the white beard was covering more than half his face. He rolled his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest, “You’re lucky that I love you enough to give in to this.”

Junmyeon grinned up at him, embracing Kris in a hug, trapping his arms to his chest, “I am.” He winked up at Kris, “Just don’t scare the kids away.”

Kris shrugged off the hug, adjusting his coat, “Should I be telling you the same? They might be scared that you’ll rub ‘dork’ off on them.”

“Shut up, Santa,” Junmyeon scoffed.