Day Twenty-One

All I Want For Krismas Is Wu

Tis the Season

It was the first day of December and Yifan simply watched as his boyfriend dug through the boxes that he helped pull from the attic and start throwing up decorations here and there, the fake tree that Junmyeon kept in storage for every Christmas was placed in the corner beside the fireplace, the lights were placed along almost every limb of the tree, shining garland here and there, tinsel, bows, shiny and silvery ornaments were hung all over the tree, and then to top it all off, a makeshift bunny angel was adorned to the top of the tree. The only acceptable tree topper to Junmyeon. And Yifan being the wonderful boyfriend he was, didn’t have any objections to the decoration either.

The living area was soon turned into what resembled a page out of a Sears catalog, all decorated for ol’ Saint Nick, despite both of them being grown and over the little tall tale of Christmas. But Yifan had to admit that his boyfriend had an eye for turning their home into something like a winter wonderland.

Even snowflake stickers decorating the windows and plastic ones hanging from the garland that went around the room.

Yifan sat down on the couch in the living area just as Junmyeon placed the last decoration in its rightful place. He watched as his boyfriend stood back with his hands on his hips, looking around at the living area, feeling rather proud of himself as he took everything in. Yifan saw the way that he nodded to himself in approval. Before the black haired man turned to him, a shy blush tinting his cheeks seeing the way that Yifan had been looking at him.

“What do you think?” Junmyeon asked, shyly making his way over to Yifan on the couch and sitting down beside him.

Yifan wrapped his arm around his shoulders, looking around at the living area before his gaze landed on the Christmas tree, “It’s beautiful. I would’ve offered to help but I think you enjoyed yourself way too much on your own.”

Junmyeon laughed nervously, shrugging sheepishly, “Tis the season? I’m sorry, I would’ve asked you to help…”

“No worries, I enjoyed watching you.”