Roadtrip

Oh My World

HYEJIN.

 

It's the season of summer again. It's not so hot since it's still morning. Shiny day, shiny sunlight, shiny morning of Shin Hyejin as she got up from their bed. She wears her slippers and looks at the side table. 

 

A cup of coffee? She smiles, Hyojung made it. Her girlfriend always prepares coffee for her every morning. Hyojung's whole existence is as sweet as her smile. Just imagine how lucky Hyejin feels.

 

What started as a calm morning changed into a zoo-like chaotic 9 o'clock morning when she stepped out of her room and there's Yubin walking past her. The girl seemed hasty going upstairs. 

 

"Good morning unnie." Yubin greeted and clueless Hyejin just smiled. She didn't have the chance to ask why Yubin was there so early in the morning.

 

"Hi..?" Even the lights on the narrow hallway are open. Hyejin's sure Yubin is going to the rooftop since that's the only way to the rooftop. She continued walking downstairs and then there's Seunghee rushing upstairs too.

 

"Hi unnie!" 

 

...what?

 

Hyejin waved but it's late because Seunghee already disappeared upstairs. 

 

"Jjung?" She calls her girlfriend and found her on the kitchen. Hyojung welcomed her with a wide smile, her girl is preparing breakfast. Hyejin places the unfinished cup of coffee on the table as she walked close to her girlfriend and hugged her tight. 

 

"Good morning Jjin." Hyojung whispers softly. Hyejin pouts. 

 

"I think I saw Yubin and Seunghee running upstairs..?" She asks, still confused. She leaned her chin on Hyojung's shoulder and looked at the drinks she's preparing. 

 

"Oh yeah, I think they're here to take Jiho." Hyojung smiles and places the drinks on a tray.

 

Jiho? Oh.. Hyejin is slowly following. 

 

She pulls away and walks in the bathroom to wash her face. "They're early this time." Hyejin says as she chuckles, she wipes her face with a small cloth near the sink and walks back to the kitchen. Hyojung's still there but Hyejin knows she's going up on the rooftop with the drinks.

 

"Want me to help?" Hyejin offers a hand, Hyojung nods with a soft thank you. Hyejin takes the plates with eggs and breads on it as the two of them carefully walk out of the kitchen. 

 

As they walk on the living room, Yooa called them from outside the house. 

 

"I'm off to school!" Yooa yelled, waving at the two. Hyojung and Hyejin chuckles. Apparently, they can't wave back since both of their hands are busy but Hyojung shouted back for them.

 

"Take care!"

 

"Take care love!" 

 

The first one was Hyojung, the second-- is from the rooftop, Mimi of course.

 

Hyejin and Hyojung looked at each other and laughed as they continued their way upstairs.

 

"Kim Jiho, stand up!" 

 

"You guys still not done?" Hyojung asks and puts the tray on the table there. Hyejin followed. She saw Yubin leaning on the wall, staring outside with her arms crossed while Seunghee is trying to pull Jiho off the seat. 

 

It's been days since Jiho and Mimi started being interested in staying at Hyojung and Hyejin's rooftop. The two really do nothing there but just sit and go sightseeing-- the sky. They said it's nice there and Hyejin knows they're not lying. It really is. With the hot weather, it's fun to spend sometime at the rooftop because it's not so hot there and the wind blows fresh from the atmosphere. 

 

It's just that, Jiho has been going on and off from work and it seems like Seunghee and Yubin had enough letting her absences slide so they're here to take her with them.

 

Jiho remains seated, Seunghee pouts as she let go of Jiho's arm then faces Hyejin. 

 

"Can you please kick these two out?" Seunghee asks. Hyejin chuckles and raises her hands in defeat. Honestly, she doesn't care if the two wants to play here, Hyojung seem to enjoy having the two around too. Mimi and Jiho turned their heads slightly to look at Hyojung.

 

"What's for breakfast, mom?"

 

Yeah, this is why. 
 

Hyojung takes the two cups from the table-- "Cold coffee for Mimi, iced tea for Jiho." The girl with cheeky smile passed the drinks to Jiho and Mimi who were suddenly like kindergarten kids on their breakfast with their mom- Hyojung.

 

"Stop babying them!" Seunghee sits on the chair, joining the two and picks up a bread from the table and started eating. Hyejin pouts and gently pats Seunghee's head. 

 

Yubin chuckles as she looks at her friends. "Yeah sure. You guys don't look like a family now." 

 

Hyojung giggles and joins them at the table. "Come here, Yubin. Let's eat before you go to work."

 

Hyejin smiled, looking at Hyojung. The wife-material she is.

 

Yubin follows anyway and they eat the breakfast prepared by Hyojung. They don't have a routine where or which house are they going to have their breakfast, or lunch, or dinner. Sometimes, they don't meet each other for a week because they're all busy but it's fine. There are times they would schedule a meal together; could be on Jiho and Arin's living room, Seunghee and Yubin's patio, Mimi and Yooa's kitchen, and right now, Hyojung and Hyejin's rooftop.

 

"Is Arin at work already?" Hyejin asks, she has seen Yooa earlier and only Arin is missing here. 

 

It's also common that sometimes, one or two or three of them are missing in action, could be busy at work or went to their parents. It's nice that they just got used to this set-up, like a family. 

 

"Arin as in this kid Jiho's girlfriend from her kindergarten class?" Seunghee asked sarcastically. The girls laughed and waited for Jiho's response.

 

Jiho nods, her cheeks huffed full of bread in it. The girl drinks from her iced tea and swallowed her food before responding. 

 

"She went to work early and told me to behave." Jiho talks in baby voice to fool around and tease Seunghee more. Mimi laughed hard and playfully hits Seunghee's shoulder.

 

It still amazes Hyejin how her friends are constantly fun especially when they're together. 

 

"You guys, stop it. Mimi, go to work. Jiho, go with Yubin and Seunghee. You two have the whole night to come here and stargaze if you want." Hyejin says softly, she casually takes a tissue napkin and gently wipes off the bread crumbs at the corner of Hyojung's lips. Hyojung nodded at her in agreement. 

 

Mimi pouts. "Every night is Yooa night." 

 

"You can't keep ditching work, unnie."

 

"And you too, Jiho."

 

"No fun, we don't even spend time together complete anymore." Jiho whines. "Mimi and I enjoy staying here."

 

She's right. It's that they all have work but if they continue ditching work to play like they're not adults...

 

"Where did the workaholic Jiho go?"

 

Jiho shrugs. "I don't know, Arin took my workaholic soul." 

 

Hyejin leans back on her chair and took a glance at her friends one by one. "Girls, do you want to go on a roadtrip?" 

 

It's just an idea. They're all adults now who are supposed to work everyday but sometimes, they do need to take a break. 

 

Hyojung looked at Hyejin with that cute smile and giggled. "I'd love that."

 

"I'm up for it if Jiho will come to work today." Yubin said after she finished her food. Jiho shook her head immediately but before she could complain, Seunghee cut her off.

 

"I'll tell Arin you've been skipping work."

 

"Hey! No telling on me!"

 

"Jiho, you're lying to Arin?"

 

"Uh no? She's not asking so technically, I'm not lying."

 

"Be like me, I tell Yooa I skipped work and cuddle with her to make up."

 

"That's it. We're going to roadtrip this weekend and everyone should reflect." 

 

"How are you going to make us reflect with a... fun roadtrip?"

 

Hyejin didn't get Hyojung's meaningful smile at first but she knows she's planning something. 

 

SEUNGHEE.

 

Seunghee walked out of her house with a loud "UGH". She's pissed. 

 

"I heard that!" Yubin yelled from the kitchen. Seunghee frustratedly tied her hair in a bun as she walked away from her house. This is so annoying. 

 

This is normal. Seunghee leaving the house for a moment to get some fresh air after fighting with Yubin. Aish don't ask why we fought. Just the usual things married couples fight about. One good thing is that, Seunghee found a way to vent out her emotions by going outside the house and that Yubin doesn't follow her and lets her calm down. 

 

"Hyojung unnie, can you pass me the wrench?" Oh? That's Jiho's voice. Seunghee walked on the grassy path and peeked outside the gate only to see Hyojung, Mimi and Jiho working on the van. Ah!! Right!! We're going on a trip tomorrow!

 

Seunghee almost forgot. Yubin found a way to convince Jiho to go to work this morning by using the Arin card. We all know how under Jiho is when it comes to Arin. Seunghee calls her friends. 

 

"What are you doing?" She asks and successfully caught her friends' attentions. Hyojung was holding a box of hand tools. Mimi is holding the flashlight and Jiho is doing something on the tires..?

 

"Hey Sseung!" Hyojung asked her to come help them. Seunghee looked back at her house where she can see Yubin still washing the plates on the kitchen. I'll stay here for now. Seunghee went to help her friends. It's pretty dark now but at least there are streetlights and the full moon. 

 

Not really cloudy that night. It is summer time, no clouds at nighttime is a given. Good thing that on summer time, night isn't too cold. 

 

"The van looks different, is it just me?" Seunghee asks as she tries to look inside the van through its windows. 

 

Mimi chuckles. Jiho is still working on the tire while Hyojung walked closer to Seunghee and peeked inside the van too. 

 

"It's the same, my uncle was bored." Mimi explained and peeked inside too. 

 

"Alright. Done!" Jiho placed the wrench on the box Hyojung was holding earlier and is now on the ground. Seunghee watched as Jiho sat on the sidewalk. Heaving a soft sigh, she joined Jiho. Mimi went to the driver's seat while Hyojung took the tool box and locked it. 

 

Soon, Mimi and Hyojung joined her and Jiho on sitting at the sidewalk. The air was warm and cold, mix of both. The van is on their right side and the moon is just above them. 

 

"I'm so excited for tomorrow!" Hyojung pats her own cheeks gently, looking down at the road with her usual wide smile. Yeah, you know you can actually feel her excitement by just looking at her cheeks up higH.

 

"Hm, should we surprise the girls and bring camping tents and portable chairs?" Jiho slowly her chin with her thumb and index finger. Seunghee looked at her seatmate and grinned. This girl's ideas, really. 

 

"And not tell them that we'll go overnight?" Mimi chuckles, Seunghee leaned back to see Hyojung-- who was sitting next to Mimi between them. "Unnie, we should do that!" She said with a giggle. 

 

Mimi pouts and scratched her nape. "Huh, I'll have to talk to Yooa about that." 

 

"No no! Don't tell her! It's not gonna be a surprise anymore, pabo." Jiho said, chuckling at Mimi's confused face. 

 

"I'm the host of the trip tomorrow but I think I can consider that." Hyojung pats Mimi's head.

 

Seunghee looked up at the sky and realized something. "Oh! How about these?" She pulls out the mini notebook in her pocket and flipped on the pages there, having a little difficulty reading through her notes. It's my bucket list! I still have it okayy.

 

She passed the notebook to Mimi and then to Hyojung. Jiho chuckles beside her. "Look at you~ Hitting two birds in one stone." Jiho hugs Seunghee's arm, giggling at Seunghee. 

 

Jiho's right. Seunghee wants to do those things on her bucket list but she couldn't find the time to do it. Tomorrow would be an easy go-to. 

 

"Wow these are actually nice! Thanks Sseung, we'll probably do these tomorrow." Hyojung smiled at her. 

 

Jiho raised her hand, wanting to read the list to so Hyojung passed it to her. The girl hums softly as she reads through it. Oh look at her look at her she'll edit those for sure!

 

"How about we make a few modifications?" Jiho grins. 

 

I knew it!

 

Not that Seunghee doesn't trust Jiho's ideas because this girl is really smart but it's the trip they're discussing and not business matters. Jiho surely will make the trip more... unusual. The three continued talking more about what they can do tomorrow and only stopped when Arin came out.

 

"Where's Jiho?" Arin softly asked, means her voice is too soft Jiho stood up holding her chest as if she's in pain because of Arin's cuteness. Arin is holding a glass of water, Seunghee guesses it's for Jiho obviously. She also has a small towel hanging on her shoulder. Oh no, get ready for sugar crush.

 

"Why are you out here?" Jiho asks as she walked close to Arin standing by the gateway. "It's cold." Jiho added as she takes the glass of water from Arin. 

 

Hyojung, Mimi and Seunghee quietly watched the two. This isn't the first time they became audience of Jiho and Arin's sweet extravaganza. It's pretty much the 5th season of them being like high school sweethearts.

 

Seunghee stares at Arin, she can't help but to compare her to Yubin.

 

Notes in Seunghee's head: 


Arin - Sweet, eyes twinkling when she looks at Jiho, cute

Yubin - Easily pissed, Tsundere, Throws stuff at me.. Cuddles me to sleep, hugs me when she's calmed down, cooks for me. 

 

And with that, Seunghee has forgotten why she was mad at Yubin earlier.

 

"Aren't you two the cutest?" Seunghee tells the two who looked at her with a smile. Arin giggles then faces Jiho again. Both Hyojung and Mimi escalated back to their former conversation- the events for tomorrow's trip. Seunghee remained watching Jiho and Arin. I'm snooping and what about it? Heh.

 

"Are you going back in now?" Jiho asks.

 

"Yeah. I'm still watching. Are you guys still not done?" 

 

"We've finished minutes ago actually, just.." Jiho looks at her friends, Seunghee looked away so she won't get caught eavesdropping. Chuckling at herself. 

 

"Gonna hang out abit more. I'll be with you later." Jiho says, looking at her friends. When she turned to face Arin, her fiancee gently held on her neck and kisses her lips. These two should be thankful Mimi and Hyojung's attention isn't on them. I'm so close to crying why are they so sweet this is PDA why I'm so jealous T.T

 

Arin giggles when she pulled away and lightly pats Jiho's head. "Alright.. I just want to make sure you're okay here."

 

Seunghee heaved a deep sigh before turning to her friends standing by the gate, "Ya Choi Arin, stop it. I'm getting diabetes because of you two."

 

"Give us a break!" Jiho chuckles. Arin soon said goodnight to them and went back to their house. Jiho messes Seunghee's hair before sitting next to her again. 

 

"Seriously when will you two get married?" Mimi asks, after Seunghee bursted out, she and Hyojung finally decided to stop talking about the trip and let it be as free as it was initially planned.

 

"Oh no, don't get married. It's so hard." Seunghee tells them, chuckling at first but then her friends looked at her with serious faces. I really want to laugh more because they're too serious but they're too serious ashsdj

 

"That's the challenge in marriage, you made your vows, whatever fight it is and even how many times it happen, you'll get through it." Hyojung pats Seunghee's hand lightly with a smile. Seunghee had a feeling that Hyojung wants to.. like Hyojung is very interested in talks about marriage now. 

 

She's right, because I love Yubin. Seunghee chooses not to think about it too much. Relationships are really, really something. Like DNA, not everything is the same.

 

YOOA.

 

A roadtrip. A cheap roadtrip. No expensive food. No expensive drinks. No expensive locations. Not a single plan where they'll go.

 

"COME ON FASTER FASTEER!!"

 

That was Seunghee yelling. So like Seunghee. The girl dyed her hair blonde and it reflects the sun shine that morning. Seunghee has been ringing Jiho and Arin's bell for minutes now and while the couple is aware, they still take their time arranging their stuff in Jiho's backpack. Arin also has to make sure her dog, Ari would have his food and water ready just in case they couldn't go back home early. 

 

"It's gonna be another daaay with a sunshiiiine!" 

 

And that's Hyojung singing from the driver's seat. She volunteered to drive for today. She's also the host of the day. Hyojung said she wants to try for being the oldest among them even just for a day. Hyojung unnie didn't notice she's been like our mom for years already. 

 

Another bright morning, Yubin and Hyejin are waiting for their friends and girlfriends in Mimi's uncle's van that they'll use for today's trip. It is the same van they used on their very first trip together. Mimi's uncle just made a few modifications in the van. 

 

Yubin, Mimi and Hyejin went out of their respective houses carrying their bags. They made sure they locked their doors and windows. It's another trip they planned, Yooa suggested it before but not the cheap part.. We've been very busy maturing and thought, why not go on a trip again? Hahah kidding, it's Hyejin and Hyojung unnie's idea. 

 

Yubin entered the car and sat with Seunghee at the back. Mimi first organized their backpacks on the front seat before joining Yooa, Yubin and Seunghee in the car.

 

The truth is, there were only spare clothes and money in their bags. Hyojung told them to bring some just in case. 

 

"I'll be sitting with Seunghee and Yubin." Hyejin says as she placed her backpack on the floor of the car at the middle, informing Hyojung on the driver's seat. 

 

Yooa watched as Hyojung pouted. She must've only noticed now that the front seat is already occupied by their stuff. Hyojung nodded after seconds anyway. She looked behind her when Hyejin finally entered the car and sat next to Seunghee. Hyejin unnie loves the window view. 

 

"Hey Mimi, sit here instead." Hyojung pointed the seat at the first row across where Mimi is already sitting at. Yooa chuckles knowingly. I knew Hyojung unnie would do this. It's not because Hyejin and Hyojung aren't sitting together that Hyojung wants Mimi to switch seats. Today is the same day when they went to Yubin and Arin's villa and it's like their friendship anniversary. It really is more fun if the couples won't be sitting next to each other. 

 

"What- Noooo, I'm sitting with Yooa already!" Mimi pouted and crossed her arms. Just in time, Jiho and Arin are done, already locked their gate, and are both waiting by the door of the van. 

 

"What's going on?" Jiho asked as she puts her backpack on next to Hyejin's.

 

"Hyojung unnie doesn't want couples sitting next to each other." Yooa explained while laughing at her girlfriend who's pretending to be hearing nothing. 

 

"Yubin and Seunghee are sitting together!" Mimi says pointing at the two who both looked innocent. 

 

"Oh shut up, they aren't like you two couples."  

 

"Hey we can be sweet too!" Seunghee huffed.

 

Arin giggled anyway and pushed Jiho in the car. Jiho had no choice but to pull Mimi out of her seat while Arin sat on the seat behind Hyojung.

 

Seunghee puffed.

 

The other day, Hyojung called them all for dinner. Yooa knew it'll be about this trip Mimi told her. She also know that this is a result of Jiho and Mimi ditching work. Yooa feels responsible that Mimi is suddenly acting out of being an adult but sometimes, she understands her.

 

Life can be pretty boring sometimes, everyone likes change.

 

They're still driving on the city road, it's the morning rush hour. Yooa is the roadtrip DJ, she's still making the playlist though.

 

Meanwhile, Arin is silently scrolling through her social media. It's not too quiet in the car because Hyejin is scolding the girls yet again-- about not bringing a first aid kit. We all know how Hyejin could be serious about this. They have this fight every single time they go out.

 

"I told you so many times already and you always say you forget." 

 

"But I didn't forget! I was sure I put it here last night."

 

"What? Then it magically disappeared?"

 

"Uh, I think it's the box I put on the patio when I was organizing our stuff earlier."

 

"WHY DID YOU TAKE IT"

 

"I DIDN'T KNOW! HYOJUNG UNNIE SAID NO EXPENSIVE FOODS I THOUGHT THOSE WERE FOOD."

 

This argument is normal, to be honest. 

 

"Let's dance in style, let's dance for a while
Heaven can wait we're only watching the skies"

 

It's their friendship day. Forever Young playing on the car stereo while all of them is singing along. Jiho's tapping on the back of Mimi's seat, Mimi tapping on the back of the empty seat across her while Seunghee's holding the mic. 

 

Today's plan is to get out on the road and get lost there. By that- Yooa meant have fun. Being an adult is stressful anyway.

 

School is ending soon and Yooa is finally graduating. It was a pretty long journey for Yooa and she thinks this event with her bestfriends will be her celebration. Remember how things used to be so hard and complicated for Yooa back in college? Everything is paying off now. 

 

It helps that she has friends who would always listen to her, and there's Mimi who always cheers her up. This set-up they have where they live next to each other can never be boring. Sometimes of course, they have disagreements, like that one time Seunghee and Yubin fought (like they always do). Yubin didn't come home to Seunghee for two days. She stayed at Hyojung and Hyejin's since their house is at least 1 house far from theirs and not exactly next door. 

 

Yooa chuckles to herself, thinking about those times. Yubin and Seunghee really fight intensely. 

 

"So what's the plan!" Yubin excitedly taps on Jiho's seat infront of her. Jiho chuckles and turns slightly, bending over to Yubin's seat and taps on Yubin's back. 

 

Yubin laughs at Jiho. "Ya I didn't tap on your back!" 

 

"And I did on you!" Jiho rests back on her seat, grinning. Kim Jiho is so high. 

 

Yooa laughs at the two, they're still like Tom and Jerry. Won't give each other a break hahahaha

 

"Hmm, no plan." Hyojung said, her left arm resting by the window. They're finally out of the traffic now but honestly, Yooa doesn't know where they are now. I'm.. not so good at locations ><

 

"What are you serious?" Yooa glances outside but of course it's useless, she still can't tell where on Earth are they. 

 

"Yeah.." Hyojung answered again. Yooa furrowed her eyebrows and looked at Jiho beside her. Jiho shrugs then turned to the girls behind them when Hyejin spoke. 

 

"You dragged us on this road with no plans?" Hyejin said. Jiho, Seunghee and Mimi started chuckling by themselves. Yooa smiled and exchanged glances with Yubin. The two of them know it when the trio- Seunghee, Mimi and Jiho have something they know by themselves. Meanwhile, Arin is sleeping on the seat in front of Yooa. 

 

Hyojung hummed once again. Hyejin didn't respond anymore and seemed to give up. Yubin is trying to get Seunghee to speak about what she knows on where they're going but Seunghee insisted she doesn't know.

 

"Sha! Yubin keeps poking my side!" Seunghee croaked, as if tired from Yubin's poking. Yooa chuckled and shrugs. 

 

"Hey Jiho, where are we going?" Yooa asks the person next to her. Mimi glanced behind her and exchanged grins with Jiho.

 

what the hell

 

"Toot toot toot tooot toot." Jiho started making phone call button noises as she act clicking on her palm. 

 

"Jiho pfft, what are you doing?" Hyejin stopped staring outside the window, with Jiho having all the attention of everyone in the car- except the sleeping Arin. 
 

"Shush." Jiho shushes them, her index finger held up across her lips and pointed at her sleeping fiancee. She acts like holding a phone and as if talking to someone over it.

 

"Hello 911? A 5 ft lady kidnapped me." Jiho said in a serious tone. 

 

???????

 

Arin is sleeping and can't witness Jiho's episode but Yooa's sure she would be bursting out laughing as well. 

 

"Pfft."

 

"JIHO HAHAHAHAHA"

 

Mimi took the neck pillow from the free seat next to Hyojung and threw it on Jiho as they all laugh harder. 

 

"Someone tie her up or I'll drop her here!" Hyojung exclaimed, laughing anyway along with the girls on the back. I miss this! We haven't really had the time to joke around like this for months.

 

"We'll go swimming." Hyojung announced. 

 

For the theme of today's trip being random and free, swimming should really be on the list but they promised they wouldn't use too much money. Yooa wonders if Mimi had something to do with the things to do in Hyojung's mind. They didn't get to talk last night but as she's seen Mimi with Seunghee and Jiho today. It seems like they've planned it.

 

"That's a nice idea."

 

"I thought we won't use our money?"

 

"Not if we swim on a river!"

 

"Alriiiight!!"

 

Yooa stares at Mimi conversing with their friends. It's been a while since she's seen her girlfriend this happy. That cheeky smile she used to always see back in college.. Yooa smiles, thinking about spending more time with Mimi now that she's finally done with her nonstop reviews or studies. I really do miss my girlfriend.

 

"Good morning Arin!" Mimi greeted after shaking the poor sleepy girl's shoulder to wake her up. Yubin and Hyejin laughed from the back while Seunghee and Jiho teased Mimi that Arin would be mad.  

 

Arin glares at Mimi, realizing she's been woken up for teasing. Mimi clears and behaved slightly. "...We're going to swim, by the way." 

 

YUBIN.

 

"It's just a scratch." Yubin says assuringly. Hyojung is still driving. A few minutes ago, Yubin asked Mimi to pass her shared backpack with her wife. Seunghee is carefully holding her arm, looking at Yubin's scratched skin. 

 

Yubin pats her wife's wrist lightly and said, "It's okay. I forgot we brought the utensils." 

 

It was when Yubin opened the backpack to get her bottled water when she accidentally caused herself a light cut from the blade of the bread knife they brought in case they get some sandwich later. She completely forgot about its existence because of the hype in the car.

 

"Don't worry. I'll be fine." Yubin tells her again because Seunghee won't stop pouting. 

 

"Okay. There'll a convenient store later and we can stop by for 5 minutes if we want to get to the river before 11." Hyejin said, after checking the route they're taking on Hyojung's phone. 

 

5 minute plan.

 

The girls started to challenge themselves. Hyojung gave them the assignments.

 

Mimi is in charge of buying the first aid for Yubin. Hyejin will be with her to get them some blankets which should be right next to the aid section.

 

The sisters, Arin and Yubin are going to run and get as much of snacks they can, then they will go straight to Jiho who should be holding the beverages by the counter. They'll meet Yooa there too who is in charge of the cup of noodles.

 

Hyojung will be filling up the car and then the girls inside would also pay for the gas. 

 

And done!

 

"We said no expenses." Arin said as they got in the car then carefully placed the bag of snacks at the free space on the middle of the van. Mimi chuckles. "No. We said not expensive."

 

"This is convenient store shopping." Mimi added, taking the pack of chip from the bag Arin was carrying. 

 

"Yeah, how cheaper can we get." Jiho said then takes the chips from Mimi's hand. Mimi immediately tried to take it back, hopping from her seat which caused her to bump her head on the car roof. 

 

The girls laughed once again. Seunghee who is busy patching up the scratches on Yubin's arm sighs heavily while shaking her head. "god I pity us."

 

Yubin watched her friends start talking to another set of topic but two things she noticed are one, how Yooa was only staring at Mimi the whole time and two, Hyejin had been staring outside the window even when the girls are making jokes and even when Hyojung is talking. It's like she's too occupied.

 

It's obvious that Yooa may be missing Mimi even if they already live together but Yubin is sure they'll catch up with each other soon. Yooa just needs to make the move this time. 

 

For Hyejin.. Yubin's not sure. Even when all of them spend time together and talk about each other's everyday issues and life happenings, Yooa and Hyejin are the two who have been so close to her and the bond goes way back before their group even became a group, As they grew older, Yubin has become busier with her and Seunghee. She only now realized she should also try to catch up with her friends.. and maybe help her bestfriends who obviously have unsaid thoughts.

 

They soon reached their destination. It wasn't familiar to Yubin and she's sure it's the same for her friends except Mimi. 

 

"Don't worry guys, it's safe here." Mimi said as she lead them down the narrow cemented part of the soiled riverside. There are trees everywhere and hundred percent sure they are the only ones there. 

 

The girls followed Mimi who's already setting up the picnic set on the dry part at the side. Yubin waited for Hyojung to turn off the engine before she hopped off the van, holding the snack bag on her shoulder. 

 

Everything there was simply beautiful. Yubin could smell the scent of nature-- for real. The only noises she can hear are the water stream flowing on the river, the cheep of the birds and her bestfriends' laughter. It's like a paradise, Yubin loved it especially how the sunlight is slightly suppressed by the leaves of the tall trees.

 

For someone who didn't expect anything on this unplanned trip. Yubin could say that this is so much better than a planned one. 

 

"Nice, huh?" Mimi proudly said after grabbing a handful of fresh water from the river side and playfully splatter it on her girlfriend standing behind her. Yooa squealed and hits Mimi when she felt the cold water on her skin. Mimi laughed and ran to Arin who was quietly sitting on the picnic blanket.

 

Jiho on the other hand is taking pictures of Seunghee playing on the water already but still careful not to get hair ponytailed hair wet. Yubin chuckles as she watch them then looked at the set they have. It's lunch time. Chips and biscuits won't do. 

 

"Should we buy more food?" Yubin asks Hyojung standing next to her. Hyojung looked at their food too then nodded before calling Mimi's name.

 

"Mimi! Is there any store nearby? We need more food." 

 

"It has to be cheap ok." Hyejin said, reminding them their promise not to use too mouch money today.

 

"Yooa, Arin, you should come with us and the others, Jin?" Hyojung calls Hyejin who was only sitting at the blanket, watching Jiho and Seunghee.

 

Hyejin lifted her thumbs up, smiling at her lover. 

 

"Hey hey! You three, come finish setting this up." Hyejin yelled at the tree still playing at the water. And as commanded, Arin and Yooa followed Hyojung.

 

Yooa hops and wraps her arm around Yubin as the four walk on the quiet road. "Mimi said we'll just turn right and there should be a local cafeteria." 

 

"How did Mimi unnie know this place anyway?" Arin asks, Yooa had to hold the younger girl's arm because Arin's eyes are fixed on her phone. When Yooa glanced at the screen, she's just playing a dress up game. 

 

Yubin turned to check Yooa since she isn't replying but turns out, the girl just shrugged. "She hasn't told you anything?" 

 

Yooa smiled, "I don't know. I don't remember.. Maybe she did, I just don't remember."

 

"It's okay." Hyojung pats Yooa's shoulder. Yubin seconded that, "You're not too busy anymore, right? More time to catch up."

 

Yooa chuckles, of course she already thought of that.

 

"Enough about that, change topic!" Yooa said, heard hands waving on the air like erasing what's bothering her.

 

MIMI.

 

"Mimi, stop! I'm trying to get dry here." Seunghee yelled while covering herself with a towel. Jiho laughs and pulled Mimi away from Seunghee and Hyejin on the blanket. 

 

Mimi scratched her nape and sat next to Hyejin once Jiho let her go. 

 

"You know, it's smart that we brought a picnic set but it's better if we're actually using a smooth soil or ground to set these. God my is aching." Seunghee whined, Hyejin chuckles at the girl trying to dry her legs.

 

"Just let the air dry youuu." Mimi said, swiftly removing the towel from Seunghee's legs and the sunlight touched her skin- which, by the way, Jiho noticed immediately.

 

"Do you ever go out? Can your skin be lighter?" Jiho teased while eating chips, standing by the river. Mimi smiles, Jiho really won't stop. 

 

Meanwhile, Seunghee is just lightly patting her legs and arms. Hyejin next to her sighed after she finished slicing the fruits they brought.

 

"What's that smell?" Seunghee sniffed then brushed the back of her hand through her nose. Hyejin glared at her. 

 

"I didn't say your breath smells!" Seunghee quickly defended herself but Hyejin is fast and has started tackling the girl down by tickling.

 

Mimi laughed and rested her back on the tree behind her. Hyejin soon let Seunghee live when she got tired. 

 

"Ugh. You smell like river." Hyejin pushed Seunghee on the blanket, the latter catching her breath as she lay down on the ground. 

 

Jiho came to them soon, her right hand hid on her back. Mimi wonders what's about to happen. Many random chaotic things happen when Jiho shuts for a moment. 

 

"Now you'll smell like river too." Jiho said as she splatter the water from a plastic cup she's holding to poor Hyejin. 

 

Hyejin screamed Jiho's name at the coldness of water and stood up to run after the prankster. Mimi and Seunghee watched them run back and forth. Truly, you can age up but stay young. Mimi is seriously having so much fun playing with her friends because these days, work is being hectic yet with her friends, she feel light. 

 

"You brought the ball, right?" Seunghee asks, Mimi had to take a few seconds to think about the sudden mention of a ball. 

 

Ball? Ah.

 

"You didn't tell me to bring it." Mimi responds, lightly massaging her right shoulder. Her top is a little wet from the playing on the water too but her shoulder is slightly aching all of sudden, could be from the ride.

 

"Ahh.. Maybe I forgot." Seunghee pouted. Mimi yawns softly. "But I brought it." She said after a minute. Seunghee chuckles and picked a piece of small stone above her head then threw it on Mimi's stomach.

 

"Fine! Fine! I'll get it." Mimi stood up, stretching her arms on her way to the van. But then she realized,

 

"I thought you'll get the ball?" Seunghee asks when Mimi sat back on the blanket. 

 

Mimi hummed, a little embarrassed. "Hyojung unnie have the key."

 

ARIN.

 

Jiho ♡ : Are you still at the store? Can you buy some soda too? 

 

Arin raised her head to her friends talking by themselves as they stood on the line to pay for the food they wish to buy. 

 

"Jiho unnie texted me for some soda." She said as she closed her phone. Yooa and Yubin nodded at her while Hyojung stared. "You call her unnie again?" Hyojung asks with a chuckle.

 

Yubin chuckled as well and pulled Arin close to her. "She does that when she's upset at Jiho." 

 

"You're upset? What did she do?" Yooa asks, Arin just shakes her head. She's not upset, she's just feeling it since she can sense that her friends here have some problems of their own and she didn't want to look like the happy of a couple with Jiho. 

 

"Uhm... Not really.. Don't mind that. Just continue what you're saying~" Arin said with a smile, she tried to giggle but she felt awkward. Maybe choosing to act upset at Jiho is a wrong choice.

 

Jiho ♡ : I miss youu

 

Now it's like a smile is painted permanently on Arin's face after reading the text. How is she supposed to sympathize with her sad friends? Okay, Arin. Think of a topic. Come on! 

 

Yubin excused herself to get the sodas Jiho asked them for. With the three of them alone, Hyojung suddenly thought of a topic for a change in the mood. "Which of us would you pick if you're not committed right now?"

 

Yooa looked at Arin as she inhales the question and she didn't need more time to think about the answer. "I don't know.. I'd want to choose you both."

 

Arin nods, she wouldn't choose one between her friends. She can't even imagine herself with someone else aside Jiho. 

 

"Me neither." She said, smiling with her cheeks circling on her face like the usual. She also doesn't know why her cheeks appear like that but Jiho plays with her cheeks every morning so she doesn't mind.

 

Arin and Yooa turned to Hyojung, waiting for her answer.

 

"Huh, Arin." Hyojung's answer made both Arin and Yooa's eyebrows raise but with different reasons. Honestly, Arin feels honored Hyojung would pick her. An instant blush formed on her cheeks.

 

Hyojung chuckles awkwardly then looked away from Yooa. "Aha.. I don't know." She said then glanced back at the two to see Yooa glaring at her. 

 

"Me neither." Hyojung said, repeating Arin's answer. 

 

Just in time, Yubin came, holding a small cart filled with water bottles. Arin smiles to herself, she can already see Jiho and Yubin fighting later because Yubin would insist they drink water. They already brought their own water for anti-dehydration but most of their containers are empty.

 

"What's going on?"

 

Yooa turns to Yubin while crossing her arms. "Hyojung chose Arin as someone she'd date if she wasn't committed!" She tells Yubin with a pout. 

 

Arin shyly looked away before saying, "Me and Yooa unnie said we won't choose.."


Yubin chuckles and pinches Yooa's cheek.

 

"Hm, I wouldn't know who to pick too." Yubin said, they paused for a moment to pay for what they bought. They each take a plastic bag as they walk out of the place. 

 

Yubin brought back their previous topic as they walk back to the riverside. "But I won't choose Arin."

 

Hyojung and Arin chuckled, Of course!

 

Although, Yooa seemed confused. "Why?" The girl asks, eyebrows knitted.

 

"Take your time." Hyojung and Arin both looked at their confused friend as they spoke. 

 

They got back to their picnic set soon. The fruits and snacks are settled on top of the blankets and there's Seunghee and Mimi sleeping next to the food. Jiho and Hyejin are playing by the water. 

 

Hyojung took the plastic bags from them and Hyejin came to help her with the food. Yooa went to wake both Seunghee and Mimi while Jiho walked to Arin after borrowing the keys from Hyojung. 

 

"I'll get the ball, wanna come?" Jiho asks-says as she held Arin's hand which Arin didn't resist. Yubin followed them so Jiho gave Arin's older sister a look. 

 

"What? I can't come?" Yubin asked in an offended tone like the type of how she and Jiho talk. Arin pursed her lips for a moment and waited for the commotion of the two to finish. 

 

"You didn't buy sodas, you can't come." Jiho said and stuck her tongue out on Yubin. The latter furrowed her eyebrows at Jiho's childish weirdness. 

 

Arin chuckles and let Yubin walk ahead. Her sister and fiancee are definitely the real-life tom and jerry. 

 

"Drink more water to bring back your sanity, Kim Jiho." Yubin said before grabbing the keys from Jiho and running to the van. Jiho didn't get to run after the girl because she's holding Arin's hand. And Arin held her back too.

 

"Which one do you like better, crazy Jiho-" Arin gave Jiho a look before Jiho could finish her sentence. She was about to answer any kind of Jiho but Jiho continued what she was asking.

 

"Or me being crazy for you?" Jiho finished with a grin and received a hit from Arin.

 

HYOJUNG.

 

Hyejin helped Hyojung on setting up their lunch once Seunghee and Mimi woke up. Yooa sat on Mimi's lap saying it helps not taking too much space on the blanket. Hyojung smiled and shook her head. Seunghee stood up and did some stretching on her own at the side to wake herself up. 

 

"Where's Jiho?" Mimi asks, looking around. Hyojung pointed behind her. 

 

"Went to the van with the sisters." She said as she takes the seat next to Hyejin who was holding a marker, drawing things on the oranges.

 

Mimi's arms around Yooa's waist has been thrown when Yooa suddenly kneeled, realizing something. "Yubin AND ARIN ARE SISTERS!" The girl said, her eyes glowing at the realization. 

 

Hyojung laughs. And they tease me for being a pabo when there's a whole cute Yoo Shiah pabo here.

 

"Yes, hon. They've been sisters for more than 2 decades now.." Mimi cluelessly said while grabbing Yooa back to her lap. 

 

The girls soon came back and they started eating. The blanket they brought isn't enough for the eight of them so Yubin had to get another one. Although, only Jiho and Arin end up using the other one. 

 

Looking at where they've got to eat lunch and probably swim and play on the river later, Hyojung felt proud of herself for being able to pull it off. Of course, with the help of my friends.

 

After they ate, it wasn't hard to clean up. The girls are excited to play together that they didn't mind getting too wet because they all brought changing clothes.

 

Yooa played various songs on the speaker. It didn't come out too loud, just fine, especially the whole riverside is empty if it weren't for them. Jiho, Arin, Mimi, Yooa, Seunghee and Yubin are still playing on the water when Hyojung and Hyejin decided to rest and take a seat again. 

 

"Want some oranges?" Hyejin asks, holding up a piece of marker on her right hand and an orange on the other. Hyojung cackled with laughter when she saw the drawing Hyejin made on the oranges. 

 

Image

 

"Yes. I'll have.." Hyojung taps her chin using her index finger while looking at the oranges one by one- those are their names and of course, she has to choose the one for her. 

 

"Not the one with Seungpoop, of course." Hyojung said before taking hers. Hyejin giggled and leaned her head on Hyojung's shoulder. They watched their friends silently, although the girls' laughter are already louder than the water flowing on the river.

 

"I love our family." Hyejin says in a soft tone, enough for Hyojung to hear. Hyojung smiles. We really are a family.

 

"We're gonna be like this for the rest of our lives, right? This happy." Hyejin asks- which made Hyojung smile even more. Rest of our lives. 

 

"Marry me first." Hyojung joked- not really, but she made it sound like a joke. She knows they had a deal.. not brought up anything about marriage because of their history and it was Hyojung who even thought of it in the first place. 

 

I don't know.. Seeing Seunghee and Yubin getting married made her come into thinking, what would my wedding look like? What kind of flowers do I want for myself? Who would I invite? How will my wedding vows sound like? Would I cry?

 

Hyejin stared at her for a minute, Hyojung fought back, she did her best to look like she can take any kind of response but honeslty, waiting for Hyejin to say yes.

 

"Heh." Hyejin chuckles and went back to leaning on Hyojung's shoulder.

 

Woop. That was fun.

 

"Unnies! Let's play dodgeball!" Seunghee called them.

 

And the dodgeball game by the water began.

 

They split into two teams. Yubin's team has Arin, Yooa and Mimi. Jiho's team has Hyojung, Seunghee and Hyejin. Hyejin was the one who got to pick her members-- Hyojung actually had to beg for her girlfriend to choose her. 

 

"Okay, the set of big rocks are the base posts. All players ousted will be heading out of the water, alright?"

 

"ALRIGHT!!"

 

"LET'S GO BREAK SOME BONES!"

 

"Kim Jiho! No breaking bones!" Hyejin scolded the tall giggling girl with competitive eyes. 

 

The first match started. Jiho and Mimi fought for the ball but Jiho manged to get it-- being the taller of the two. When the ball was in Jiho's hands, Arin and Yooa started squealing, scared to be the girl's target. 

 

"Ahh~ Jiho. Calm down!" Yubin said, moving step by step, ready to dodge if Jiho were to throw the ball on her but didn't.

 

Jiho smarted them by throwing on Mimi even when looking at Yubin. Swift move made Mimi the first outed player. 

 

"Ya, Mimi why are you looking at me!" Yooa hits Mimi for not being focused on the game. Mimi smiles in embarrassment. "Sorry! Target Hyojung unnie, she's the weakest there." 

 

"No! We have Kim Jiho!" Hyojung clapped her hand as Jiho passed the ball to Hyejin. 

 

"Jiho should just be on a team by herself." Arin said, smiling in horror as she get herself ready from the throw of the opposing team.

 

Hyejin threw the ball but it didn't hit any of the remaining three. Yubin takes the ball and tries to target the eldest- Hyojung.

 

"Iyaaa!" Hyojung cried as she sank down the water to avoid Yubin's blow. 

 

The girls laughed hard at the sudden move. When Hyojung bent back to standing, she didn't see that Yooa already has the ball now and is targetting her but she dodged once again by swimming towards Seunghee who wouldn't stop laughing.

 

"Give me a break!" Hyojung yelled but as Jiho took the ball and threw it to Yooa, Arin managed to catch it.

 

There goes another water circus special performance by Hyojung as she tries to avoid Arin's throw but this time, she tried to dive on the water yet the ball hits her .

 

"Ya! Mean girls! Don't you feel bad for unnie? She worked so hard!" Jiho said, laughing, and grabbing the ball back and passed it to Seunghee.

 

"Okay! Hyojung unnie, come and join me!" Mimi called the poor wet body Hyojung smiling ear-to-ear. It's just like Arin's nonstop cheeky expressions, Hyojung can't stop smiling when she's obviously having fun. Her friends wouldn't stop laughing too at what just happened.

 

The game continued, Seunghee got the ball in her hands and is slowly inching towards the middle line, she seems to be targetting Arin. The young girl trembled at Seunghee's look but before Seunghee could throw the ball, Yubin stood in front of Arin.

 

"Hey! No fair!" Seunghee whined, she can just hit Yubin but she seems like she doesn't want to. Hyojung chuckles before she teased, "Hyun Seunghee, are you scared of Yubin?" 

 

Hyejin takes the ball from Seunghee and hits the free and unbothered- now bothered Yooa instead.

 

"Aaaaaaaaaaaah~! You meanie!" Yooa frowned when she was ousted. Hyejin, Seunghee and Jiho were busy watching Yooa whine by Hyojung and Mimi's side that they didn't see Yubin's counterattack-- to Hyejin. 

 

"Yess! Two-two!" Arin giggled and high-fived with her sister, Yubin. 

 

The youngests are left in the base. The older girls found this entertaining that they all just sat down on the side, eating oranges while watching the four exchange attacks. 

 

Seunghee managed to go for a serious blow on Arin soon. Jiho chuckles, raising her arms. Probably enjoying the fact that she wasn't the one who got Arin outed. 

 

Yubin grins at Seunghee and Jiho celebrating and then threw the ball towards her wife. The latter's eyes squinted at smart Yubin but accepts her defeat anyway. 

 

"Okay, Bin. Do you want a bet?" Jiho offers with the smug look on her face. Yubin hums and rests her hands on her hips. "What bet?" 

 

"500 dollars for who wins." Yubin scoffed at Jiho's offer. The girls chuckled. "Jiho lower it and Yubin will accept." Seunghee adviced and received a glare from Yubin.

 

"50..?" Jiho said with a smile, rotating the ball on her hands continuously as they speak. 

 

"Okay. But, if my team wins," Yubin paused for a moment. Everyone waited for Yubin to continue, this just gets more and more interesting.

 

"You and Seunghee will come with me and Arin the next time we come home to our parents." 

 

Smart. Hyojung smiled as she watched Jiho's expression turned serious. They sometimes talked about this.. why Jiho and Seunghee don't come with the sisters-- or mainly Jiho. Hyojung knew it's not because Jiho hates the idea. It may be something else. Could be because of her family issues.

 

"Okay! Fine." The smile on Jiho's face sprung on her lips as the game continued. Yubin was able to dodge Jiho's attacks and mostly the same for Jiho on Yubin's attacks. 

 

The bet made it more fierce, Hyojung just knows it.

 

After the game, they all took some rest to dry their clothes and change on the van. Their afternoon was filled with jokes and laughter even after they finished the dodgeball. Yooa and Mimi brought cards for them to use as they let the time pass by. 

 

Ah, the winner of the dodgeball? Hyojung looked at Yubin and Jiho sitting on the corner and talking by themselves. She smiled, Yubin won. Yet, Hyojung knows, Jiho wanted it to happen.

 

JIHO.

 

They were supposed to go home. That was the plan until they drove past a barbecue store. Jiho was amazed at how energetic Hyojung is for the whole day. She played with them with the same hype yet she can still drive and unlike Arin, Yooa and Hyejin, she doesn't feel sleepy or tired. 

 

"Can't we just go home tomorrow?" Seunghee asks. Jiho saw Mimi looking behind- to Seunghee. "I'm up for that." The girl said. 

 

Yubin agreed as well. They waited for Hyojung's response. 

 

"I'm okay with that. Wanna buy some barbecue and camp at the mountain?" Hyojung tells them the idea, Jiho knew it was familiar. It was in Seunghee's bucket list. To spend the night outside with her friends. Thinking about it, surely it would be incredibly fun and it's not everyday when you get to experience that but, Jiho's not sure if Arin would be okay about it. 

 

She glanced at her girlfriend on Mimi's side. Clearing , she taps Mimi's shoulder and whispers. "Let's change seats." 

 

Mimi nodded, silently exchanged seats with Jiho. Hyejin soon woke up because Hyojung asked her to come when buying for their dinner later. Yubin and Seunghee were silently seating at the back, probably playing offline games on Seunghee's phone. Mimi tried to take a nap as she sat next to Yooa.

 

While waiting for Hyojung and Hyejin, Jiho unfolded the portable chair in between hers and Arin so she could scoot closer to the girl groaning sleepily. Arin woke up for a moment but when she saw Jiho sitting next to her, she just leaned on the older girl and continued her sleep.

 

"Won-ah.." Jiho whispers, lightly patting Arin's leg. The sleeping girl hummed softly. She seemed tired. 

 

"We won't go home yet.. I think you should call your mom for Ari." Jiho says softly. Arin yawned, lightly scratching her eyes which Jiho immediately pulled her hands off her eyes. 

 

"No scratching. You'll hurt your eyes." Jiho said, Arin chuckles softly and gave Jiho a pinch on her hand.

 

"Let me borrow your phone. I'm low on battery." Arin raised both of her palms across Jiho's face, asking for her phone. Jiho looked away from Arin's cuteness as she takes out her phone from her pocket. 

 

There goes their trip escalating from river date to the girls finding their way to a spot at the mountain where they can park. It was Jiho's idea to do that. They've decided to drive around the hiking road and since it's almost night time, there are not many people hiking anymore. 

 

"Jiho, can you help us with the tent?" Jiho quickly hopped off the bench where she was sitting with Hyejin to help Yubin and Mimi on setting up the tent. It's Yubin and Seunghee's, they had it as a wedding gift.

 

After Jiho pulled the bag of tent from the bag's roof, they started assembling it. Arin and Yooa opened the back of the van and sets it as a table for them. Hyojung, Seunghee and Hyejin prepared their food.

 

"Arin stop taking pictures by yourself!" Seunghee left Hyejin and Hyojung to follow Arin standing close by the cliff. Jiho finished her job with Yubin and Mimi soon and the first thing she did after was to find Arin.

 

She stood by the tree and crossed her arms as she watched Seunghee and Arin take pictures of each other with the nightsky behind them. 

 

"Beautiful." She whispers, she was supposed to just think of that word while looking at Arin but she said it unconsciously. 

 

The two seemed to be taking so long, Jiho wants to take her turn and talk to Arin so, she called Seunghee.

 

"Hey Sseung! Yubin wants to talk to you." She lied. Seunghee excused herself from Arin and gave the phone back to the girl.

 

"I wanna talk to her?" Yubin asked behind Jiho. The taller girl grinned and shrugged at the confused Yubin. "Seunghee wants to talk to you too." 

 

When Arin is finally alone, Jiho walked closer to join her.

 

"Hey." Jiho takes Arin's phone in her hand and slipped it in the pocket of her hoodie. Arin wanted to grab it back but it's too late, Jiho already hid it with that sly smile flashing on her face. 

 

"I was gonna call mom to ask about Ari." Arin pouted and pinched the tip of Jiho's nose. 

 

Jiho chuckles, she turned to face the free dimmed sky view from where they are. "You called her 30 minutes ago."

 

Arin gave up anyway and hugged Jiho from behind, her arms slipping under Jiho's arms and rested her chin on Jiho's shoulder.

 

"I've been skipping work." Jiho confessed. She knows she shouldn't be doing it because Arin has been working so hard ever since the new cafe has been launched. Jiho feels bad as their friends don't tell Arin what she's doing.

 

"I know." Arin murmured but Jiho heard it. Ah Kim Jiho you're a devil.

 

"I'm sorry, it's not that I don't want my work.. I just.." 

 

"Jiho, hey." Arin pulls her to turn around and Jiho faced the girl but didn't look at Arin's eyes. 

 

"You've been.. working so hard ever since you're a teen. It's alright to get some rest. Just, you know, I'm here. I'm gonna be here for you whatever you want to do." 

 

Arin smiles at her. It's cute that even when she speaks mature stuff like this, she still has that youthful appearance. 

 

"I'm not saying that I'm retiring. I love working with my friends." Jiho defends herself. Arin nodded and held her hand, kissing her thumb when Jiho tries to run her fingers on the girl's chin. 

 

Jiho chuckles. "Stop that. We're outside." She pulls her hand off Arin's and tickles the girl's waist. Arin giggled and ran away from her. 

 

When they got back to their spot, Jiho only realized their friends had been watching them. Yooa and Hyojung are sitting at the back of the van, Hyejin, Seunghee, Yubin and Mimi are sitting at the bench. 

 

Laughing Arin pulled Jiho to sit at the now finished set tent.

 

It's cute. women in their 20s enjoying the night view of the unbelievably quiet city and wide not cloudy night sky.

 

HYEJIN.

 

"Jiho and Arin are sleeping now." Yubin quietly told them as she closed the door of the van behind her. Hyejin smiled. How can Arin keep sleeping and sleeping?

 

"Yooa too." Mimi came out of the tent and carefully closed it to prevent mosquitoes from biting her girlfriend. 

 

Hyojung and Hyejin are sitting together on the portable chair while Yubin and Seunghee are at the bench. Mimi sat on the blanket and slowly laid on her back, now staring at the skies above her. 

 

"Jyorin fitted on the back seat?" Hyejin asks, real wonder. The couple are both tall and they couldn't possible fit on that small space to sleep. Mimi shook her head before answering.

 

"I extended and moved the chairs a bit so they can sleep comfortably, hopefully." The girl explained. 

 

"It's so quiet." Yubin whispers. Hyejin nodded slowly. After a few seconds, she felt Hyojung's hand slipping on hers. Her lips automatically curved into a smile. 

 

"Ghosts come when we talk about them." Seunghee started with the ghost talk, again. She does this all the time. Hyejin threw a tiny rock on her and they laughed. Seunghee hummed a little more before she starts with another topic. 

 

"We can backstab those three!" And yet another set of laughter with Hyejin throwing a few rocks at Seunghee's spot again. 

 

Maybe it's because of the night's noise.. the quiet and peaceful atmosphere and the semi-cold breeze that they just feel good sitting there together. 

 

"Hyojung unnie." Mimi called, suddenly. Hyejin raised her eyebrow at the girl but Mimi was just staring at the stars. 

 

Hyojung hums, Mimi sighs a little before talking. "Hyejin unnie has something to tell you." I have?

 

Hyejin looks back to what was her last conversation with Mimi, it wasn't about Hyojung or anything. "Me?" Hyejin asks back, still confused.

 

"Yeah, about marriage. I saw her writing a note on her phone a week ago but she hasn't done it yet." Mimi explained. Hyejin remembered it now but she didn't know Mimi would bring it up. Aish how dare this girl!

 

Yubin and Seunghee giggled together, just listening to them. Hyojung looked at her like there's a question mark above her head. Hyejin sighs, Mimi was telling the truth. There was something that had been bothering her for days.

 

Hyejin first looked at her friends, especially Yubin and Seunghee who were watching them. Not that she doesn't want to talk while they're here, it's just that she doesn't want them to feel out of place. 

 

Yubin smiled at her and told her to go on.

 

Then, Hyejin turned back to Hyojung. The girl's waiting for her. What she's about to say.. she doesn't want to make it a big deal so she tried to say it casually.

 

"Just.. some random thoughts about marriage. You know, things you think about when you're living in with someone you love." Hyejin said, she did her best to look chill about it.

 

Hyojung sttared at her for a few seconds before smiling. She took Hyejin's hand and spoke, "Remember when you.. told me you're marrying Jinyoung."

 

Hyejin has always been scared whenever Jinyoung's name comes out when she's talking to Hyojung, she hopes there's nothign to be scared about this time.

 

"Hm?"

 

"I remember that." Seunghee chirped in, so sudden. Mimi and Hyejin chuckles but Hyojung sent a glare at the girl. Yubin shushed and covered Seunghee's mouth.

 

Hyojung faced Hyejin again, now looking at their hands. "Back then.. Everyday I wish you're marrying me instead."

 

Oh. That's not new to Hyejin. At some point, it had crossed her mind but the fact that Hyojung is saying this now.. she feels emotional.

 

She didn't need to give it some time to think about. She knew what she wants at that moment. 

 

"Hyojung.. we can get married." Hyejin tells her girlfriend with a smile. Hyojung's eyes widened, like she didn't expect it at all.

 

Hyejin nods, "Anytime soon." She assured her. 

 

Hyojung sighs happily. "Please promise me that. I want us to grow old together, married, and you can't leave me because you're gonna have to stick to your vows- for real- and even when I get ugly because of course, you won't, you're forever pretty, you'll stay by my side."

 

Hyejin chuckles and shakes her head. Her fingers intertwined with Hyojung's. "What are you saying? You're gorgeous.. I'm whipped for you and I promise, I'll marry you. Anytime you want."

 

Hyojung giggles and hugs Hyejin in excitement. This girl may be smiling all the time but her happy expression that night was too great and Hyejin would forever remember it. 

 

"You may now kiss the bride." Mimi declared, Hyejin scoffed as she looked at the girl disturbing her sweet moment with Hyojung. She saw Mimi holding up her phone, taking a video of them. 

 

"It's not my idea!" Seunghee acclaimed, raising her hand like she wants to get Hyejin's attention if she was about to scold Mimi. 

 

"It's for the three sleeping girls okay! So they would know what happened." Mimi explains. Yubin shrugged at both Hyejin and Hyojung, as if she wasn't a part of any of this. 

 

Hyejin just shook her head and looked at Hyojung once again. "You sleepy?" Even with Hyojung's big smile, Hyejin who had been living with the girl for several months now knows it when the girl is sleepy.

 

Hyojung nodded and stood up, stretching her neck a bit. Mimi sat up from the blanket and takes their former seat. 

 

The two older girls said goodnight to their friends as they head inside the van to oin Jiho and Arin there. For this night, Seunghee and Yubin are sharing the tent with Mimi and Yooa.

 

SEUNGHEE.
 

"So.. how is it?" Mimi asks, her head turned to Seunghee.

 

"How is what?" Seunghee asks back, holding Yubin's hand beneath the blanket covering their legs.

 

"Being married to Bae Yubin." 

 

Seunghee felt Yubin's hand pinching hers at Mimi's question. She chuckles before answering. "It's sweet, and fun. We're still in the honeymoon phase so I have nothing like Yubin throwing her bag at me because she's mad or me taking my pillow from her or her sleeping on the bed because we both love the couch and the loser uses the bed. It's just.. sweet for now. Don't worry, I'll call you when she starts throwing her stuff at me again."

 

Mimi laughed, Yubin suffers from blushing at the sudden newly-weds talk. It's real that Seunghee and Yubin always fight like that but Yubin only does the throwing part when Seunghee is being childish wanting to play 'come and get me'. It's fun! 

 

"And it's not hard?" Mimi asks.

 

Seunghee nodded, Yubin shook her head. Mimi chuckles loudly at the two.

 

Yubin glares at Seunghee but she explains, "At first I thought we won't be feeling anything different because.. we already live together but with us married now? It's like we're more open to each other. AND the best part? I can call her my wife and it's legitimate!"

 

Mimi smiles at her answer, Seunghee knows what's in her friend's mind. 

 

"Soon, I'll get that too." The girl whispers to herself.

 

One common thing about every person is the fact that they never settle for one thing only. Everyone will experience wanting more. Even if you think you're at your happiest state, it's not what it is. That 'state' is just the beginning. You'll discover more and the best thing to do about wanting more? Take your time and think about it before doing something to get it.