Housenotwarming

Oh My World

Hi I did something for this series. It was initially guided by the house design inspirations from net but I made a real house designs for them and I'll be putting in pictures for each scenes hh yay the girls are living a domestic life now. That's all, and anyway, everything here's a work of fiction.

 

Hyojung, Hyejin, Mimi, Yooa, Seunghee, Yubin, Jiho and Arin decided to build their dream homes together in a huge lot where Mimi and Yooa's family businesses were supposed to build a branch of one of their subsidiaries but their parents instead gave that huge lot to them with proper and legal credits. 

 

 

"Good.. morning?" Arin followed behind Jiho as they walk downstairs to the living room where three of their friends; Mimi, Hyojung and Seunghee are sitting on their couch watching a morning show on their new TV. Jiho was about to ask how they got in but she realized they have spare keys of each other's houses. Arin and Jiho exchanged glances but they don't seem to connect this time. Arin went to the kitchen and Jiho walked to her friends. The truth is, Arin and Jiho had a fight just four minutes ago but seeing their friends here, they dismissed it. 

 

Jiho and Arin's house

 

Jiho glances one more time at her girlfriend preparing coffee for herself. She crossed her arms over her chest as she gave her friends a look. "What are you doing here? Where are the others..? And why are you using my TV?" 

 

Jiho and Arin's living room.

 

Hyojung and Seunghee stayed silent, eyes focused on the TV screen while Mimi gave her a smile. "Will you talk to Yooa?" Ah, they fought too? Seunghee looked at her soon after.

 

"And Yubin too, please." Yubin and Seunghee fought too? Oh right they always do.

 

Jiho expected there would be fights here and there after they moved in to their houses but she didn't expect it'll be like this- happening at the same time. She glanced over the eldest friend- Hyojung who shook her head.

 

"Nah, Hyejin's not mad at me." Oh, thank god. 

 

Jiho took her hoodie lying on the center table and was about to head off to her neighbor's house when Hyojung spoke again. "I'm just sulky so please tell her I'm not going home yet."

 

With that, Jiho sighed first thing in the morning as she walked out of her own house. Hyojung and Hyejin are the mature couple among them but lately, Jiho sees them like two teenagers being too teenage-y couple that makes her cringe.

 

Yubin and Arin's parents were very proud of this big step to adulthood they're taking but since they used a lot of money and a lot of dedication for these houses, their parents at least wanted them to still be connected. And so, there's a living room to living room connection between their houses.

 

 

But Jiho didn't go there and instead went out from her main door. As she walked out, she checked the mail box and was glad when she saw a mail from the office executive of a pet shop where Ari- a puppy is staying at the moment. Jiho then saw her three remaining friends sitting their morning there at the patio. There are four different stories of what happened in the past day.

 


Yubin and Seunghee's house.

 

 One Day Ago. 

 

"I want a big dog house for our future dog~" Arin asked Jiho with a pout but the thing is, they don't even have a dog yet. Jiho scratched her nape as she looked at the paper they're holding. Mimi delivered it to her place telling them to put all their desired modifications and additions. 

 

"Arin.. I think it's-" But Jiho couldn't resist Arin, and so she takes her suggestion.

 

"Aaaaah!! Pink dog house for Ari!" Arin giggled as she ran towards the small dog house placed near the front door. The dog house that Jiho bought wasn't too small but it's big enough for Ari. 

 

"Who's Ari?" Yooa asked beside Yubin.

 

"Ari's the dog from the pet shop." Yubin, Seunghee and Jiho answered in unison. Jiho placed her hands in her pants' pockets as she watched her fiancée with a smile. 

 

"Are we sure about this?" Hyojung whispers under her breath. She's holding Hyejin's hand as they stood with their friends together in a line looking at the now finished houses they just once dreamt to have. Their houses stood in a row, Hyojung and Hyejin's, Mimi and Yooa's, Seunghee and Yubin's, Jiho and Arin's.

 

It took about 2 years. The firm where Mimi works was the one who handled the whole project. The bestfriends were so excited planning about it after a week of dealing with Hyejin's and Hyojung's parents, and talking to Yooa's father and Mimi's mother, Yubin and Seunghee always can't decide about what they'll do, and Jiho and Arin having their first 'big' fight.

 

Let's talk about these one-by-one.


 Hyojung  and  Hyejin  

 2 years ago. 

 

They told their friends that they'll talk about this plan of moving in together first before they finalize this house goal they want. 

 

That night, Hyejin asked Hyojung if she'd want to stay the night in her parents' house.. where Hyejin's parents are. Hyojung said sure, but she's thinks that Hyejin would want to be with her tonight because she wants to tell her parents about their relationship-- Hyojung doesn't have any idea if her parents know but Hyejin said it'll be okay. 

 

It should be. I trust her.

 

"Hyojung! Sweetie, it's been so long." Hyejin's mother hugged her as they entered the Shin's residence. Her father took her turn soon and patted her head. 

 

"Hyejin told us that you're running the cafe again?" Mr. Shin smiled at her and she nodded. 

 

"Ah yes, our friends are also working with us now." She answers with a bigger smile now. The truth is, she was really nervous before they come here because of everything that happened months ago but she guesses Hyejin wouldn't ask her to come if she'd just cry later on. 

 

"I cooked dinner for us, come come."

 

These smiles on Hyejin's parents' faces made Hyojung's heart race but not in a fluttery way, it made her so nervous. As Hyejin and Hyojung sat next to each other at the dining table, her parents started talking. 

 

"Hyejin told us that you'll be living together soon?" Her father started. Hyojung was about to answer when Hyejin held her hand.  

 

"We'll be planning with our friends." Hyejin says as she takes a bite. Hyojung glanced at her girlfriend. Do they know about us or just as bestfriends?

 

"Oh are you sure? Will you be able to spend alone time together? Not like Jinyoung, it's good to see Hyejin planning as an adult." Her mother asked while looking at Hyojung. Damn it, Choi Hyojung, SPEAK.

 

"U-uh.." Hyejin was ready to answer again because maybe the girl noticed how Hyojung's hand was trembling and she's trying to help her but,

 

"Hyejin and I are dating and we're gonna live in a house but our friends would be our neighbors." She spilled it. Very Hyojung-like. A smile instantly grew on Hyejin's face thinking, wow.. this is the girl I'm dating. For a moment Hyojung wants to smack herself for spilling it like that and she even felt Hyejin's hand pinching hers. 

 

But that moment passed by after both Hyejin's parents chuckled at what she said. Hyojung's on the verge of overthinking again until Hyejin spoke.

 

"Jungie, I already told them." 

 

"HELLO EVERYONE" And that-- is Hyejin's brother that Hyojung has only seen a couple of times because he lives in his own place now. 

 

"Oh hey, Hyojung-- Hyejin's girlfriend. Wow sister, you got a girlfriend even before I do."

 

And with that, Hyojung thinks they nicely handled the dinner with Hyejin's parents-- especially her mom, which for what Hyojung knew, loved Jinyoung so much back then. 

 

"Will you tell me what happened with Jinyoung? I know I shouldn't be asking you-" Hyojung asks Hyejin as they rode the bus to Hyojung's hometown. Of course, they should talk to her parents too. Hyejin is definitely nervous about this. Yooa told her that Seunghee accidentally told Hyojung's parents about what mess Hyejin had with Hyojung before. Aish Hyun Seunghee. 

 

"No, it's okay. You should ask, you're my girlfriend now." Hyejin says while leaning her head on Hyojung's shoulder. 

 

Hyojung hummed. She waited for Hyejin to talk but it's been minutes so she pulled her off her shoulder. Hyejin giggled and stuck herself back to Hyojung's arm. 

 

"I'm thinking of where to start, okay." Hyejin giggled more and kissed Hyojung's pouting lips. "Hm.. He was really nice, you know that." 

 

Hyojung nodded, whenever she thinks of Jinyoung, all she could think of was how perfect of a guy he is, or was?

 

"When we broke up in high school, it's because he wants to take things seriously with me. I broke up with him because I don't think I love him enough.. Then, college came and our parents supported him courting me. I liked him for always being nice but you caught me. I can't get out from loving you."

 

Hyojung doesn't know what to react with that. All this time, she thought it's something better for their story-- that both Jinyoung and Hyejin wanted to end their relationship and that Hyojung wasn't the bad guy. 

 

"I'm sorry." That's all Hyojung could say, she's sincerely sorry for what happened.

 

"Don't be. It's alright.. And in fact, he's the one who first talked if we should really get married." 

 

Hyojung closed her eyes and heaved a deep breathe. Hyejin pinched her cheek. 

 

"Hey, we're restarting, right? It's all in the past." Hyejin was right.

 

In Hyojung's home reside her parents and two younger siblings. Not just that-- but two Hyejin-fancy siblings. They both like Hyejin that everytime she visits Hyojung's home, they get more excited that Hyojung herself feels jealous that her siblings call Hyejin a lot.. but this time, Hyojung got no calls from her siblings even though she called her family last night that she's coming home with Hyejin.

 

"What are you doing?" Hyojung asked her girlfriend whose hands are clasped with her eyes closed standing at the corner of the street across the Choi's residence.

 

"Shh- I'm praying." And Hyejin is definitely praying. Hyojung can't stop laughing as she watched Hyejin be so nervous.

 

"They love you, okay? Come on." 

 

Unlike the dinner with Hyejin's family, Hyejin's day in the Choi residence didn't go as she anticipated. 

 

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY HYEJIN!!" Is what welcomed them. Hyojung's parents and siblings planned a birthday party for Hyejin-- when Hyejin's birthday is coming in two weeks. Hyejin appreciates all of these party stuff and the cake with a design of a girl -- Is that my face? She loves(d) all of their effort but she thinks it's too much. She isn't used to Hyojung's family treating her like this. 

 

Hyojung shook her head, telling her she didn't know any of these. The birthday surprise isn't the only thing that surprised her. After a whole loud dinner of Hyojung's parents asking Hyejin about things like her career and her family background- again; and Hyojung's siblings wanting her attention all the time, asking her to play with them or to look at their rooms and any other stuff, Hyejin realized that Hyojung's family is keeping her busy. 

 

She would want to hold Hyojung's hand and walk around somewhere in the town so Hyojung could tell her stories about her childhood but her family members would take turns to keep Hyejin away from Hyojung. Why?

 

"STOP!!!" That's Hyojung yelling at every busy soul in the living room and they all stopped, Hyojung's siblings finally let go of Hyejin's arms. 

 

"Guys, Mom, Dad, what are you doing?" Hyojung walked to get Hyejin, taking her hand and pulling her. "You guys are tiring Hyejin out, we came here to talk about the house we're planning to move in together, why can't we just talk about that?" 

 

Hyojung's parents sat down on the couch. "Sit down." And eyes Hyojung's siblings telling them to go to their rooms. 

 

After everything has calmed down and it's just Hyojung, Hyejin and Hyojung's parents in the living room, Hyejin tensed up again. If Hyojung was always the smiley-type of person, her parents are just the same and it's making Hyejin a little anxious because right now, they're all keeping a straight-face. 

 

"We are not sure we can trust Hyejin after what happened." Her father confessed which Hyejin already expected. Hyojung would answer them to defend her but Hyejin stopped her.

 

"I know that back then, I made decisions that I end up hurting Hyojung. I also know that it's not easy to trust me again after all the mess before but do you know why I'm here, sitting with you guys, holding Hyojung's hand?" Well if anyone could hear Hyejin talking right now, they'll think that she's too calm and confident but Hyojung who was holding her hand at that moment knew how much she was trembling.

 

Hyojung parents smiled at Hyejin, listening to her explanation.

 

"It's because I want to live the rest of my life happily. Yes, there's no such thing as a perfect day, or a perfect week, or a perfect month- or a perfect year but when I'm with Hyojung, all the conflicts and problems I encountered vanish by the end of the day- or the week- or the month- or the year because I know I will be with her, she's my happy pill. I can't bear to lose her again." 

 

The night concludes Hyojung's parents hugging Hyejin before she could even cry, and gave them blessings along the hugging session. Hyojung learned that things really didn't work out with Jinyoung and Hyejin all because of her. Well,

 

 

Sometimes, things need to fall apart to make way for better things. 

 

 Day of moving in 

 

"How about a pool? There should be a pool on the rooftop!" Hyojung suggested with much excitement because they're like kids playing house but this time, they're talking about a real house which they'll pay large amount of money and live there for the rest of their lives.

 

Hyojung looked up at the roof of their house with no pool. Just a rooftop but it's actually cooler.

 

             
 Hyojung and Hyejin's house. 

 

"No rooftop pool.. Well it's better! We can still go swimming at another place." Hyojung said with optimism, like she always do. Mimi and Yooa chuckled beside her. 

 

 Mimi  and  Yooa  

 The night after the relaunching of the cafe 

 

As Mimi and Yooa entered their apartment, both of them noticed so many little details in that apartment. It was a little weird because these details are some stuff they thought aren't that important but now, looking at their apartment they'll soon leave to move in to a new house,

 

"Wow.. how come I never find these little stains of cooking oil in the kitchen wall memorable?" Mimi pointed at the wall of the kitchen as she walked over there to get Yooa a drink. Yooa who was standing by the door stared down at the old surface of the door that they never really looked at this close before. Weirdly, the door got Yooa and Mimi back to many stories held in it, some of them are embarrassing and some are.. rated and should be unspoken. 

 

One of the best stories they could remember was when Shiah's father knocked on that door the day Mimi finally became an architect and Shiah's father gave her his full blessing to her relationship with Shiah. That was a little nerve-wracking.

 

"I know, right? And the marks on our door- Are these because of that one time we got drunk on our 3rd anniversary?" Mimi smiled as she looked over what Yooa was talking about. 

 

Oh wow. On their early celebration of second anniversary, they were still going back and forth from and to each other's apartments and their good friends wanted a full-night party with just all them eight- Jiho on Skype of course. 

 

 A small flashback here. 

 

"How abooouuut we throw these chairs right to that door and the first one to break the door wins?!" Guess who would say that?

 

Wrong.

 

 

It's Yubin. Yes, Bae Yubin. After a few shots, she got drunk and is now yanking with every nonliving thing in Mimi's living room. Jiho is asleep in the monitor, Arin on the couch, Seunghee's watching her crush from the floor, Hyejin and Hyojung are cuddling while Mimi and Yooa are right there heating things up with Yubin's drunk game. 

 

No worries, the door didn't break, only Mimi's chair.

 

"Hm.. Actually we may have broken a few more furniture that night." They chuckled together, looking at the peeking sight of the edge of the bed from the bedroom. So many memories in this apartment. 

 

"Oh god.. That was hell of a night." Mimi and Yooa sat down on the very couch they used to sleep at every movie night. After heaving soft sighs with smiles, they realized things. 

 

I would miss this. 

 

We're living in a house soon, and here I am, still dealing screwed in my studies.

 

Yooa's deep thinking stopped as she felt Mimi's embrace. "I love you." Mimi hugged her tight and Yooa could only force a smile. 

 

"I-I love you, too." Yooa's voice may have cracked a little but Mimi tried to ignore it.

 

 back at the patio.

 

Mimi and Yooa now left that apartment to start anew chapter of their life with their bestfriends. Their house was built according to all of Mimi and Yooa's plans. The firm where Mimi works was the one who handled the whole project. Yooa is still studying but they still manage to keep things on track. Although.. 

 

"I just.. Just don't feel like being affectionate with her right now." Yooa explained. Hyejin and Yubin already heard this from Yooa since two days ago while Jiho only knew about this when Mimi sent her a text last night. She couldn't talk much with Mimi because she's already dealing with Arin but here's the chance to help her bestfriend by talking to Yooa.

 

Jiho blinked, thinking of what to say. She could feel the pressure from Yubin, Hyejin and Yooa's gazes at her. Of course she has to speak out for Mimi. Clearing , she sits next to Hyejin. "I know, Mimi told you she's fine with this and that, and all the time you ignore her because you're studying-" 

 

Yubin gave her a look- right. Nothing's wrong if she wants to focus on studying. If there's one thing you don't want to argue with Yubin- it's studying. 

 

Jiho nodded a little before continuing. "Although I think it's reasonable for the both of you, she gets hurt sometimes. You two are inlove with each other and are very clingy. You do know that you're the clingy one, right?" She looked at Yooa who's now glaring at her, but Jiho shrugged it off because she knows she's right.

 

"And suddenly you just don't wanna do it." Jiho saw Yooa opening to talk but she raised her hand. "AND, before you respond, I want you to know that we all understand you, and Mimi does too." Closing , Yooa looked at Yubin, waiting for her to speak out her thoughts. Yooa really needed all of this.

 

"Jiho's um.. right. Yes, we shouldn't meddle with your decisions but when you kept saying you don't wanna do it, we think that you're not talking about your affection towards Mimi." Yubin spoke. Hyejin and Jiho nodded agreed with what Yubin said. Yooa is a smart girl but sometimes, she's having a hard time in decision-making. Mimi's in Jiho's house with a heavy heart because of all the rejections Yooa gave her. A hundred rejections. Hyejin remembered Hyojung's advice for Mimi when the girl was just planning to court Yooa. 

 

"Is this about your studies?" Hyejin asks, after this hundred rejection thing came back to her mind, she feels bad for Mimi. 

 

Yooa sighed, fiddling with Jiho and Yubin's hands sitting on the table of the patio. "I just thought that maybe.. if I lessen my time with Mimi, I'll be able to feel motivated with my studies." 

 

"Hey, hey." Yubin lightly pats Yooa's hand. Jiho looked down at their hands, it looked like they're playing something on the table so it made her chuckle softly. "You already came a long way studying for this career, we know, you told us that you always wanted to be a dancer but after Mimi came, you had the chance to back away from medicine and be a professional dancer. Why didn't you take that chance?"

 

"Don't answer us and instead, tell Mimi all these things. She should be the one to hear your explanations." And by then, Jiho hopes Yooa would find answers to her internal conflicts with Mimi's help. 

 

Minutes.. Minutes of silence with Jiho and Yubin playing hide and glance until it turned into a glaring contest. 

 

"Why are you glaring?!" They yelled at each other that got Yooa and Hyejin startled. 

 

"The hell is wrong with you two?!" Hyejin shouted with a slam on the table. "I'll get us drinks and please don't shout!" She shouted again before disappearing through the frontdoor. It's Seungbin's house but Hyejin must be feeling at home in there.

 

"Just choco for me!" Jiho shouted and chuckled when Hyejin glared at her from the living room. 

 

"Seunghee asked me to talk to you AGAIN." Jiho emphasizes that last word for Yubin to recall all these times Seunghee had asked their friends to talk to her. 

 

For what matters? Basically everything. It's a cycle where Seunghee and Yubin argues about something unnecessary and Seunghee will end up asking their friends to talk to Yubin because she can't win over Yubin most of the time.

 

"I want a seesaw and a slide on my frontyard!" Seunghee wanted that. 

 

And Yubin didn't agree to this. Unlike Mimi and Yooa whose plans went smoothly into reality, Seunghee and Yubin's plans were very, very tough. As we can remember, Seunghee and Yubin took a long and hard time talking about moving in together because they both want different things, yet in the end with the help of their friends, they finally concluded to move in together and instead of fighting for what they want individually, just find something that would work for the both of them and that is, 

 

 Day of moving in 

 

"A patio." Yubin and Seunghee said in unison with a smile as they looked at the patio they both designed, it's adjoining their front house with Mimi and Yooa. 

 

That's one thing they agreed. The night came and they were cuddling when Seunghee asked Yubin this.

 

"Our anniversary is coming this weekend, do you want to take a day off and travel somewhere with me? We've been stuck in this town since we're fetus." Yubin laughed at Seunghee being goofy again. She leaned her head on Seunghee's chest as she stared at the television. There plays the movie- Joker but neither of them are paying attention to the details of the plot. 

 

"I don't want to." Yubin answers plainly, she's sure about it. 

 

"What? Why?" Seunghee pouted and leaned her cheek against Yubin's head. 

 

With that small question and answer session, they got into the next morning where Seunghee left the house even before Yubin wakes up and Jiho found her friends in her living room. 

 

 back to the patio. 

 

Yubin and Seunghee's patio.

 

"You know, you two should stop asking us to help you- No, sorry.. but pause? Yubin, your girlfriend is seeking help everytime you two argue and it all ends to us telling you to talk to her in a more detailed way of exactly what you feel." Jiho must be exhausted- tired in particular going over and over this but Yubin appreciates how she still does this for them even after everything. It isn't easy to play cupid all the time especially when you should be minding your own love life. Yubin knew that Jiho may be having a hard time these days and she's just not showing it, neither Arin. That's one flaw in this couple. 

 

If Seunghee and Yubin are all-out facing all their problems and internal conflicts each day, Jiho and Arin are the opposite. 

 

"At this point, we know you already memorized our advices." Yooa told her, it was a joke for Yooa but Yubin took it seriously and started thinking in her head. Have I memorized everything? Hmm.

 

"And we also know that you know Seunghee wants to understand you in any way she can because she loves you." Hyejin says as she places the drinks on the table. Jiho smiled cheekily at her and Hyejin couldn't help patting the girl who suddenly feels like a pet kitten. 

 

Yubin nodded, Jiho and Hyejin are both correct, but Yooa's wrong because she hasn't memorized all of their advices yet. To give her friends a break, she hummed before saying, "Fine, I'll talk to her and tell her that I want to tie the knot." 

 

Jiho, Hyejin and Yooa nodded while taking a sip from their morning drinks. That would've been the end of the talk until the three realized what Yubin just said.

 

"WHAT?!"

 

"You'll ask her? Oh my god Yubinie! I'm so proud of you"

 

"Aww ! I was rooting for Seunghee to ask you first."  

 

"Ask what?"  

 

Oh no, Standing by a distance are their friends watching them hugging Yubin celebrating this news, they looked so confused especially Seunghee and they're all holding plates of what might've been their breakfast. It's supposed to be a surprise for Seunghee... right? Damn I hope she's surprised.

 

 Jiho  and  Arin 

 30 minutes ago after Jiho left Arin with Mimi, Hyojung and Seunghee 
 

"Jiho and Arin's living room reminds me of a mall." Seunghee said under her breath. Her friends heard it. She just said that out of nowhere because her friends are awfully quiet. She came here to distract herself from being pissed off about Yubin but she didn't expect her friends would also come here after fighting with their girlfriends. We're such a chaos. Arin glanced at her unnies but didn't say anything.

 

 

"You can spend a year memorizing every square unit of this living room." Mimi said while hugging a pillow.

 

"It's because we know you unnies would come to our house to play all the time." Arin answered as she takes a sip from her coffee. After that, the three didn't talk again while Arin remained at the dining table, watching her friends watch on their TV.

 

"Unnies, are you really going to stay there and wait for Jiho to come back?" Arin didn't wanna disturb the older friends from watching but it's 8:00 in the morning and she hasn't eaten anything yet, the coffee doesn't help that much and her unnies are watching loudly so comfortable in their living room as if it was their house. 

 

The trio didn't answer her. Arin doesn't want to continue this day with a heavy heart so instead of getting more upset with her friends acting like lazy kids in early morning, she stood up from her seat on the dining table and walked over to the center of the living room. Hyojung and Seunghee are busy talking and only Mimi noticed that Arin took the remote. The three had no chance to stop Arin from turning the TV off. 

 

"Fine, I'll cook breakfast." Mimi stood up from the couch and volunteered joining Arin walking a few steps to the kitchen. Hyojung poked Seunghee beside her and whispered. "Are we gonna help them or let them feed us?" 

 

"Come here you two. Jiho's out there talking to our girlfriends, this is the least we could do." Mimi said while tying her now purple dyed hair in a ponytail. Hyojung and Seunghee groggily followed them. 

 

Before Mimi came to Jiho and Arin's house earlier, the only thing in her mind was that she wants to ask Jiho some help about Yooa (again). Now thinking about it, Jiho has always been there for all of them, even for Seungbin and Hyojin. She's just helping them all in instant without even saying a word. 

 

Now, Arin may have been so quiet most of the time but this time Mimi feels like there's more into this silence. 

 

Wait a minute, Arin-Hyojung-Seunghee and I, this group is familiar. 

 

"Wow.. We're grouped like this 7 years ago." Talk about dejavu. There are about 105 ways to group them and exactly this way they are grouped when they're at Yubin and Arin's villa.

 

 7 years ago at Yubin and Arin's villa. 

 

"Arin be proud I have abs and I'm strong!" Mimi boldly exclaimed, her hands on her waist grinning at the shy Arin who became her partner in this game. Her partner is still feeling shy but Mimi's trying to make the girl comfortable although it looks like the girl is embarrassed for her. But it's okay, Mimi knows Arin will be comfortable soon. They're currently playing games after eating dinner. They paired up using fishbowl then went to choosing arm-wrestling as the next game. The pairs for the first team are Mimi-Arin and Hyojung-Seunghee while there's the Jiho-Yooa and Hyejin-Yubin duos for the opposing team.

 

"She's.. not." Mimi's now-girlfriend, Yooa whispered to her teammates which the girls laughed at. After seeing Mimi furrowing her eyebrows while watching them talk, Yooa pushed Jiho the center with Mimi. 

 

"Jiho has abs too!" She chanted and Hyejin followed Yooa.

 

"Yubin is.. smart! She's smart!" 

 

Yubin laughed, "Unnie, we need strength here. But don't worry about that." She taps her biceps and grinned at Hyejin. It's not everyday when Yubin feels this competitive. 

 

Seunghee jumped to the center pulling her partner Hyojung with her. Of course, Hyun Seunghee won't back down. "Our Hyojung unnie is.. Hyojung!

 

Hyojung and Yubin were the first to match. They gathered around the center table of the living room and watched Jiho facilitate the first match. Hyojung and Yubin held each other's hands and clasps their fists. 

 

"3.. 2.. 1.. Start!" Jiho let go of their hands and they started the fight. The girls are all shouting their names supporting their representatives. 

 

"HYOJUNG UNNIE DON'T LET HER TAKE YOU!!"

 

"COME ON YuYubin PUSH HER DOOOWN!" 

 

"GO Yubin- I MEAN HYOJUNG UNNIE!! BUT Yubin YOU LOOK HOT RIGHT NOW"

 

"SEUNGHEE WHY ARE YOU CHEERING FOR Yubin!" 

 

"Yubin! HYOJUNG! Yubin! Yubin!"

 

"SHE'S KINDA STRONG TODAY"

 

"Yubin FINISH HER QUICK!!"

 

"DON'T LET HER WIN HYOJUNG UN- Oh okay Yubin won."

 

Yubin walked back to her seat between Hyejin and Yooa being so proud at her while Jiho went to the table to prepare for her match with Mimi. That match was so chaotic that Hyojung came back to Seunghee so sweaty and her supposed to be partner is just laughing at her. 

 

"Ya! I'm your partner you should be cheering for me!" Hyojung hits Seunghee's shoulder and Seunghee didn't stop laughing but she's trying to tell Hyojung that she also somehow cheered for her.

 

"Unnie- Hahaha! Unnie I was laughing- cheering for you!" 

 

Now back to the matching table, there's Jiho and Mimi sitting at Yubin and Hyojung's former seats holding each other's hands with Arin the new committee. Mimi looked at Jiho who's grinning at her, she can already feel the tension in their fists. Jiho is really strong sometimes so Mimi knows Jiho might win today. 

 

"3.. 2.. 1.. Start!" Arin let go of Mimi and Jiho's hands.

 

and 

 

Mimi knew she'd win at how Jiho's arm didn't push back to hers. Jiho completely lost all-so-easily as the match started. She didn't even fight back. There Mimi noticed how Jiho's eyes weren't looking at her or on their hands but Jiho's eyes rather followed Arin who walked back to her seat. WHERE'S THE THRILL.

 

Arin didn't get to see what happened as she had her back turned. Yooa, Yubin and Hyejin were shocked seeing Jiho losing that simple to Mimi while Hyojung and Seunghee laughed at Mimi saying,

 

"AHA! Jiho let you win because she feels bad. I can't believe this!" And the bickering continued as Jiho tried to defend herself and her teammates laughed at her soon. 

 

Mimi on the other hand sat next to Arin.

 

"Is Jiho supposed to win earlier..? Was she that strong?" Curious Arin asked. For the first time, she's the one to talk first. Mimi chuckled and nodded. "You're interested when it comes to Jiho, huh?" 

 

Arin hummed while nodding, her eyes are on their feet as they sat together on the corner. Alright she's still shy. "I.. want to know more about her." 

 

 Back to Jiho and Arin's house. 

 

"Now I know why you kept cheering for Yubin!" Hyojung pointed at Seunghee, the wide smile clearly shows how excited she is when she realized it. 

 

"Fine! I might have a crush on her back then!" 

 

"Hey Arin.. Don't you have anything to tell me about Jiho? Or ask me? Anything?" Mimi asked. Hyojung and Seunghee are just listening. Unlike Mimi who keeps asking and needing Jiho's help, and Yooa having Jiho to talk to when she and Mimi have problems, Arin doesn't come to Mimi to ask about Jiho. Maybe it's because they always handle things so well but Mimi guesses not this time. 

 

"Actually.. unnie, I need a help."

 

And Mimi's gut feeling is correct once again. "What's going on?" She asked her, she saw Hyojung and Seunghee looking at them and Arin just smiled. 

 

"Jiho unnie and I had a fight." Arin told them.

 

 This morning. 

 

Arin yawned softly as she woke up, her eyes are still closed and she's hugging Jiho's waist. Jiho kissed her forehead. "Good morning, Rinha." The older said and flashed a smile when Arin opened her eyes.

 

 

"Good morning~" Arin greets her softly. Jiho kissed her once again, now on the cheek and leaned at the headboard, taking the remote of the aircon to turn it off. Arin's still sleepy but she takes her phone from the side table and started scrolling through her sns. 

 

"Their baby is cute!" She muttered against Jiho's chest. Jiho hummed and looked at Arin's phone. There she saw their old schoolmate holding a new-born baby. Oh no. Not babies, Arin. Not now.

 

"U-uhm.. Yeah." Jiho tries to look away and is planning to use her own phone when Arin asked her. 

 

"Can we have a kid?" Not that Arin is rushing but ever since she and Jiho practically started living together in Jiho's old apartment, Arin started thinking about hte possibility of having a family with Jiho and besides, babies are cute!

 

They stared at each other for a few seconds. Jiho's having an internal conflict whether to say yes to no to that question. She didn't have any plans about that, all she thought of is being with Arin and her dream of travelling everywhere with Arin soon when they get older. Meanwhile, Arin hoped her question isn't a wrong move. It'll be messed up when Jiho breaks up with Arin right now-- Of course no break ups would happen.

 

Jiho gets up from the bed and Arin started feeling nervous. They don't really fight but the look in Jiho's eyes, it's like Jiho's internally going nuts and Arin feels guilty. They haven't fought ever since they started dating , or maybe they just try not to fight at all. That may be the reason why right now, Arin doesn't know what she'd do if she and Jiho would actually fight. "No. Uh.. I don't know Arin. I don't even know if I want Ari here. We'll just get stressed out and- I don't know Arin." 

 

Arin furrowed her eyebrows. "You don't want Ari? But he's already our dog! He'll live with us soon.." Arin frowned, she thought Jiho is as excited as she is at the thought of having a pet yet here they are. 

 

"I know. I know that you want to have a pet that's why I agreed. But kids..? Arin, that's never in my plans." Jiho opened the closet at the other side of the room and changed her pyjamas. Arin sighed, she was about to speak when they heard a loud noise from downstairs. 

 

 

 Back to the kitchen 

 

"That's all of it?" Mimi asked again, somehow she feels like there's more to it. HOW COULD SHE SAY THAT'S A FIGHT. They may always see this couple as warm and cuddly but she knows it when Jiho has problems and by the look in Jiho's face earlier and how Arin looks exhausted at 8 AM, it seems like there's more things to discuss. 

 

"Yeah, is that all? Because whenever Yubin and I fight, there's always something to throw, like Yubin's bag she always throw at me." Seunghee tells them, not really joking about the throwing part.

 

"And.. And about us being engaged. It's been years and I feel like I'm all ready to marry her but she isn't asking." Wow. Mimi thought Arin's the reason why they still aren't tying the knot but it's Jiho? 

 

"Hm.. Arin, we know Jiho. She plans everything in her mind. Maybe she has plans about that, and as we all know, you and Jiho always talk about many things. Not because time is passing by means things are falling apart, right?" Hyojung said, patting Arin's shoulder. 

 

"Yeah, don't worry. Just talk talk talk and go to bed together, you'll work it out." Seunghee finished frying bacons and puts them to a plate. Seunghee worked hard cooking these bacons. The truth is that she wants to go home now because she missed Yubin already but a part of her feels like she wants to take her time here with her other friends. For sure, Jiho's already talking to Yubin. 

 

"Just talk to her again." Mimi re-phrased Seunghee's advice. Seunghee grinned at them. 

 

"By the way, I thought you fought because your bedroom is full of pink stuff." Seunghee said after. Hyojung chuckled and playfully hits Seunghee's arm. "Aw! I was joking!"

 

"Actually, she's the one who came up with the idea of letting me decorate the bedroom as long as she'll be the one to decide for the living room and everything else." Mimi smiled at Arin talking like a gradeschool about her experience in class. Also, she knew about it. 

 

"Wow, can you two teach Yubin that trait?" Seunghee joked once again and Arin giggled. 

 

"If I'll teach her, I should teach you too!" 

 

"Yeah right, you're as stubborn as Yubin, you know." Hyojung seconded.

 

After they finished cooking, they decided to head out and take the plates of their breakfast. They were sure their friends are on Yubin's patio next door because they can also hear their noise. Arin and Yubin are neighbors, that explains why.

 

"Aww ! I was rooting for Seunghee to ask you first." Arin heard Jiho. Seunghee was walking ahead of them and when they saw their frineds sitting at the patio having some kind of celebration with bright smiles, it made them curious, especially Hyojung who thought her friends are rather discussing about these relationship conflicts. 

 

"Ask what?"  

 

Seunghee stopped walking. Yooa and Hyejin walked to help their friends with the plates while Jiho remained on her seat. Arin frowned as she followed Hyojung and Mimi to the table. She sat next to Jiho but they stayed silent. Jiho didn't even look at her but the girl held her hand as they sat next to each other. Hyojung sits next to Yooa and Hyejin and Mimi sat next to Jiho. The girl with the purple hair is silently staring at her girlfriend across her but Yooa is busy watching Yubin walk towards Seunghee.

 

Yubin takes the plates from Seunghee and placed them to the table before facing the clueless Seunghee again. Why is she looking at me like that.. we fought last night that's why I left this morning! 

 

Seunghee tried to reason out her actions this morning in her mind but none of them came out. "Look, I was just sulking, okay? Sorry if I didn't turn off the aircon before I left or closed the main door with you sleeping alone in the house- I wanted some fresh air and Jiho's living room is wide so-" 

 

"Shut up, I don't care about those things." Yubin cut her off. She looks back at her friends at the table and saw Hyejin and Yooa with their thumbs up and Jiho smiling at her. 

 

Seunghee got so confused at what's happening. What was the last thing we talked about? The anniversary plan? 

 

"Bin-ah, you know I'm o-" Seunghee watched as Yubin kneeled down infront of her. "..kay now about what happened last night.." She continued talking although Yubin is already smiling ear to ear down on the ground. 

 

Is she? 

 

Oh my god? 

 

ASDFDKSHGKFJHD??

 

"YES!" Seunghee said excitedly as Yubin pulled out a ring from her pocket. It must be because this moment is one of a lifetime experience that's something they'll forever remember even after many years that Yubin is trembling while holding the ring. 

 

"Dummy, I haven't even-"

 

"YES." Okay, Yubin had enough.

 

"Marry me." She boldy told Seunghee who's already blushing red and takes Seunghee's hand, slipping the ring on her ring finger. It fits well. Seunghee may be stubborn most of the time and Yubin as well but their fights- all these fights are just simple fights that always ends with hugging and cuddles. Yubin didn't need to think twice asking Seunghee to marry her. She just needed time to organize many of their priorities. 

 

"YES. Yes. Yes, I love you." Seunghee pulled Yubin up and hugged her tightly. Her eyes tearing up as she looked at her friends behind Yubin cheering on them. 

 

As Seunghee raised her hand, showing them the ring on her finger, their friends back on the table forgot their own problems for the moment to share this amazing event in their bestfriends' lives. 

 

"I love you too." Yubin kissed Seunghee's lips then her cheeks. "And we'll stay in our house this weekend, I haven't changed my mind." She added and Seunghee chuckled. 

 

"I know, just stay with me the whole day." They kissed one more time before joining their friends at the table. 

 

"Congrats! Jiho where's my nintendo?" Mimi held out her hand and surprisingly, her nintendo was in the pocket of Jiho's jacket. Arin pouted next to Jiho. Mimi and Jiho had been giving and taking the nintendo everytime their past bets are accomplished and the winner of these bets can use the nintendo until another bet is accomplished. Yet, it's Arin who uses the nintendo whenever it's in Jiho's possession. 

 

"You HAD her nintendo all this time?!" Yooa exclaimed, no wonder she hasn't seen the nintendo for 2 years?

 

"Don't glare at me like that, you and I have a bet about Hyojung and Hyejin." Mimi said when she saw Seunghee glaring at her. 

 

The rest of the breakfast, they just talked about what are their plans for the day, and for the next weeks, especially Seunghee and Yubin. Some of them need to work afterwards, some of them still had many things to figure out. 

 

 That afternoon 

 


 Mimi and Yooa's living room 

Yooa walks out of the bathroom wearing a bathrobe and a towel covering her hair. She went to take a bath about 30 minutes ago and Mimi may have gone to work already. Even back to their old apartment, their daily routine has become like this- Mimi going to work and Yooa will study if she doesn't need to go to class. 

 

She turned off the lights in the bathroom and walked upstairs. There she saw her girlfriend sitting at the edge of their bed. 

 

"Mihyun? I thought you went to work.." She continued walking towards their closet, picking the clothes she'll wear, she felt Mimi's embrace from behind. 

 

"Hm?" She hummed, at this rate she can't change her clothes so she just closed the closet and removed the towel on her head before turning to hug Mimi's neck. 

 

"I'm sorry if I did something wrong." Mimi apologizes, after talking to Arin earlier this morning, she realized that she doesn't want to keep feeling this uncomfortable when she's with Yooa. Pride is nothing, Mimi wants to talk to Yooa and she'll do it, she loves her. 

 

"Mihyun, you didn't do anything wrong." Yooa assured her. Hyejin already warned her that Mihyun might misunderstand her actions and here it is, the only thing she could do is explain.. everything. 

 

She pulled Mimi back to the bed and sits next to the girl. "Just that.. Now we live in a new house. You've been very successful in your career and here I am doubting myself again." Yooa confessed. She feels embarrassed talking like this when all along, it's her decision to continue. Yubin was right, she had her chance to quit this career.

 

Mimi blinked, digesting all the things Yooa said. She didn't know Yooa is feeling this way and she feels bad not noticing it. "Shiah.. don't you realize that were in this house because you and I planned for this? This isnt just my dream. It's yours too." She holds Yooa's hand and bit her bottom lip, looking at Yooa. In her head, she's thinking of what she could do to make Yooa feel better. 

 

"Wait here." Mimi told her and Yooa patiently waits. Although she kind of wanna get some clothes to wear but Mimi looked busy so she just waited. On the other hand, Mimi ran downstairs to get her backpack then ran back to Yooa. She puts the backpack on the floor and pulled out a familiar sketchbook she always had since they started dating. 

 

"You see these drawings?"

 

Yooa nodded. 

 

"What are the similarities?" Mimi asked again. Yooa knows all these drawings, Mimi draw Yooa on her sketchbook whenever she's bored and Yooa is busy studying. Mimi would entertain Yooa so she won't fall asleep.

 

"They're all me?" Yooa answers softly. It's the obvious answer.

 

Mimi smiled and shook her head. "I know but.. look, you're smiling." 

 

And she really was. 

 

For some reasons, Yooa's lips curved into a smile. She realizes the reason why she continued this career. It's the reason why she met Mihyun, and now Mihyun is the reason why she's gotta be motivated. 

 

Mimi gave her a warm smile, one of the best things Mimi could do to her. 

 

"Everything will be alright. I'm always here, supporting you." Mimi whispered before kissing her. And everything's alright.

 

 Later that night. 

 

"Alright, phones off. Come here." Jiho spoke after long minutes of waiting for Arin to talk to her. They had dinner at SeungBin's; which is already an agreement between Yubin and Jiho to have a dinner with them atleast once a week because they're neighbors and Yubin wants it that way. Jiho agreed to it because Arin wants to spend some time with her sister too. After dinner, Jiho and Arin stayed at the living room to watch some evening shows then walked upstairs to their bed soon. 

  

 

Arin pouted and scowled at Jiho. "You really want to talk to me now?" Arin is referring to how Jiho cut their conversation this morning and basically they didn't talk about anything at all the whole day. She thought Jiho doesn't wanna talk so she stayed silent.

 

"I always love talking to you." Jiho said and pulled Arin in a hug. Arin can't help giggling when Jiho's arms wrapped around her and pulled Arin on top of her. Arin had no choice but to straddle Jiho. She puts her long hair on the right side of her neck as she stared at her girlfriend. Jiho's eyes are lethal in carrying emotions and right now, Arin could see that Jiho's worried. 

 

"I got the mail from the other pet shop about Ari this morning. We can get her next week." Jiho shared the news to make Arin happy. Arin leaned down and gives Jiho a small kiss on the tip of her nose. She rested her arms around Jiho's head as they stare at each other's eyes.

 

"I don't want to keep the 'best couple who doesn't fight each other' title. I want to hear all of your worries. I want to listen to you whining about the things I do. Like how we used to back then." Jiho whispered. She really has a way at things like this. Arin's positive her heart skips a beat when Jiho does things like this. Arin felt Jiho loosening her hold on her waist. 

 

Arin leaned again and gave a quick peck on her lips before shifting back to the bed and cuddling with Jiho. "I love it when you talk like that." Jiho chuckles, kissing the crown of Arin's head. After listening to her friends' troubles this morning, Jiho remembers how she promised herself that she'll always make Arin happy. If they continue trying to be a perfect couple, they'll end up ruining themselves. 

 

"Let's not be insecure about 'us', alright? If I did something wrong.. or if you don't like what I'm doing then tell me, don't hesitate. I don't want to lose you." Jiho says softly while gently brushing Arin's hair. She can feel Arin caressing her stomach- abs- it's weird when I say it. This kind of developed as a hobby. Arin maybe loves touching Jiho's abs. 

 

"Sweet. But you won't lose me, I love these bed moments with you." Arin said as she closed her eyes. 

 

"It's because we both love beds." 

 

Jiho closed her eyes as well, they could hear Seunghee and Yubin laughing outside, maybe they're still at the patio table. Jiho remembers something,

 

"Yewon, about the family.. thing."

 

"Hm?"

 

Jiho smiles, Arin sounds sleepy. "We'll work everything that comes out when we get there." She said before kissing Arin's head again.

 

And they didnt. They didn't get there because after 3 years, Mimi and Yooa had a kid and they decided to be great aunts instead. I will not tell you how they got a kid. 


 

The night continues, Hyojung and Hyejin are sitting at the rooftop of their house, stargazing while Hyojung's siblings are on a video call with Hyejin. It didn't last for more than an hour, maybe just an hour. They really are a huge fan of Hyejin.

 

Hyejin lets out an exhausted sigh. "They're loud, I told you not to answer the call." Hyojung said with a chuckle. Hyejin pouted and leaned on Hyojung's shoulder. 

 

"They're so much like you." 

 

"Oh no, don't fall in love with them." 

 

"Heh funny."

 

The next door was Mimi and Yooa's where all the lights are closed but the girlfriends are sharing the bed talking about the stories behind Mimi's drawings. 

 

"Mihyuuun! Don't tell that to anyone!" Mimi laughed as she throw the shetchbook on the floor after telling an embarrassing behind episodes of that one drawing of Yooa. Yooa pouted and Mimi hugged her tight. 

 

"I miss you." Mimi says as she pinches Yooa's cheeks. 

 

"Yaaah it hurts!" 

 

"Okay let me kiss them."

 

"No! No kiss!" 

 

Meanwhile, there's Yubin and Seunghee sitting across each other on the table of their patio. 

 

"Isn't it cold?" Seunghee asked Yubin and the latter shook her head. "No, it's alright." 

 

"Mimi and Yooa are so loud, don't you want to go inside?" Seunghee asks again and Yubin leaned on the table, humming. 

 

"Hmm.. Why do you keep insisting we go inside?" Yubin grinned when she saw Seunghee blushing. If she ain't the cutest.

 

"N-nothing!" Seunghee pouted then goes back to appreciating the ring on her finger that she's been staring at in the past 13 hours. 

 

"You look beautiful with the ring." 

 

Seunghee glanced at Yubin but the girl's eyes are focused on the ring. 

 

"BAE Yubin!!" Seunghee shouted with a glare. Yubin looked confused. 

 

"Stop being so romantic I'm gonna die falling too hard." 

 

 

 

The couple next door can hear everything. "Seunghee is hilariously cheesy." Jiho whispered and Arin laughed, hitting her stomach playfully. "Ack-"

 

One day, you'll just realize that the journey you've been taking has reached a stop but that doesn't mean that you'll really stop. There's no such thing as 'final stop', it's just a pause, or a restart, or a new start, and a new journey.