Year End Party

Oh My World

"Hyojung unnie!!! What's taking you so long? We're late!" Yooa called from the door. Mimi laughed while watching her girlfriend being impatient. They aren't that late, Yooa is just excited. 

 

"Calm down! I'm taking my keys." Hyojung shouted from her room. After a few more minutes, Hyojung and Yooa entered Mimi's car, they both sat on the back seat since the front seat is occupied by gifts. Particularly gifts for their friends that the three bought just this morning. 

 

"I'm really going to buy a car soon, Yooa is so impatient." Hyojung says as Mimi started the engine. Yooa glared at Hyojung. 

 

"Hey, you're the one who says we'll pick you up at 5 PM and it's almost 6 PM now." Yooa responded. Mimi laughed at the two, she glanced at her girlfriend from the rear mirror and saw her crossing her arms over her chest. Hyojung on the other hand giggled and clings on Yooa's arm.

 

"Anyway, are you two sure you've brought all the things you need? The venue isn't that far but it's a hassle if we have to keep going back and forth." Mimi said, glancing at the seat next to her, a gift box has "For Hy-" written on it. Mimi guessed it's for Hyojung. Yooa must be Hyojung's secret santa. 

 

"Yep!" The two answered. 

 

"Where's the venue, by the way?" Hyojung asked, the girl's trying to look outside but it's dark already. 

 

Mimi grinned. She isn't supposed to say something about the venue. "Nah, it doesn't have a name, it's just.. um.." Mimi sighed as she doesn't know what to tell Hyojung.

 

"Nearby! It's just nearby." Yooa continued, saving Mimi. The girlfriends exchanged smiles from the rear mirror.

 

Hyojung didn't ask again, instead she talked to Yooa about some stuff on migraine, Mimi just listened to them. The past few months were just pure work here and there. Although Hyojung stayed at home in more days than she had been going out. As Mimi heard from Yooa, Hyojung is on the roll as model of a clothing brand but that's it. Just that one day, there are people who contacted Hyojung and now they can see her face on some advertisements. Good thing for Hyojung as she could distract herself.

 

"We're here." Mimi announced. Hyojung and Yooa both looked outside from the window, it didn't help because it's dark. Mimi started taking as much of the gifts that she could on her arms and hopped out of her car. 

 

"Wait.. Why are we here?" Hyojung asked as soon as she realized where they are. 

 

The cafe. 

 

Just then, Yooa got off the car and shot the party poppers. Mimi who's still holding the box and bags of gifts on her arms walked towards the cafe entrance where Jiho, Arin, Yubin and Seunghee are standing. Seunghee's holding a cake with eight candles lit up. The girls started chanting. 

 

"Welcome to our place, Manager Hyojung!" 

 

--

 

"Good thing your parents let you spend this night with us, Seunghee." Seunghee giggled and nodded at Hyojung. The two are preparing the table, they just had to set the table because they won't eat yet. Jiho and Mimi prepared the program for the whole night.

 

"They said I'm already an adult, so.. One time won't hurt." She said as she stood up from her seat when she saw Jiho, Yooa and Mimi walking in the cafe holding boxes. 

 

"I'm hungryyy." Arin whined and pouted on her seat. Seunghee laughed at the poor girl, patting Arin's head.

 

"Oh right, I remember I had a dream of us going to a forest and yall left me alone in the middle of the woods I was gonna cry until Yooa came back to me realizing she lost me." Mimi narrated and placed the big box full of Christmas decorations down on the floor. The girls gathered at the corner.

 

"Wow that's awful." Yubin commented, she helped Yooa on the box and opened it. 

 

"What's awful, it's realistic." Finally, Jiho placed hers down as well and stretched her arms a little. 

 

"Yeah that's something we'd actually do." Seunghee added to the commotion and Mimi whined at how she never felt more humiliated in her life. 

 

"Okay!" Jiho clapped her hands to get the girls' attention. "Our first activity is decorating the Christmas tree!" She announced. Hyojung chuckled.

 

"What? Who does that after Christmas?" The eldest asks, she crouches down with Arin and Yubin who are both taking out the boxes of Christmas balls and garlands.

 

"We wanted to decorate the tree last Christmas but we figured it'll be more fun if we do it together." Seunghee explained with a little /touched/ reaction that got Yooa and Mimi laughing. 

 

Today, the girls are going to celebrate the new year together. They usually don't gather at year-end holidays but this year, they decided to do so, as they don't spend much time together anymore. Thankfully, their parents let them be. The girls had been planning to do this for a long time, plus, in the purpose of doing something for Hyojung, they had a talk about buying Hyojung and Hyejin's cafe and name it after them instead. Hyojung may be busy with her modelling gigs but her friends knew she would love it more to come back working here. 

 

"Yea I guess we can do it since it's still holiweek" Mimi grinned with her little word-play. 

 

"Holy week?" Arin asks, the bored girl used the colored garlands as a scarf and is now struggling to take it off her neck. Jiho laughed at Arin and helps the girl.

 

"Holi-week" Mimi corrected. Seunghee smiled and threw a Christmas ball towards Mimi.

 

"Next time you pull out a grandpa joke, I'm never gonna talk to you." The girls laughed. 

 

"I guess we can still celebrate Christmas again since it's still holi-week." Jiho spoke after she got Arin out of those garlands.

 

"Yes Jiho!" Seunghee clapped hands with Jiho.

 

"Wow Jiho, that's witty." Hyojung raised her thumbs up.

 

"SERIOUSLY? She just repeated what I said!" Mimi scratched her head, the girls bursted out laughing again, even Yooa.  

 

"Hey don't make fun of Mihyun!" After a few moments, Yooa stood up from crouching on the floor to play her role as a girlfriend. Mimi goes to hug Yooa, sulking.

 

As Mimi hugged Yooa, Yooa mouthed to her friends. "I'm kidding, go more."

 

"I'm gonna check if we have glue. This one's broken." Arin suddenly interrupted them, talking about a broken Santa Claus figurine.

 

"You can check the office, I think I stored one in there." Yooa said and Arin left.

 

Mimi sighed and pulled away. She went to help Yubin and Jiho assembling the Christmas tree. "When will Kim Jiho shut up." She muttered as if Jiho isn't standing close to her.

 

"You mean stop shutting your ?" Jiho giggled. 

 

"No one can stop her." Hyojung said, already finished organizing the Christmas balls by colors.

 

"That's right!" Jiho grinned and Mimi scoffed. Yubin remained quiet on their side, while Seunghee and Hyojung teamed up clapping for Jiho. 

 

"Jiho unnie-" Arin called, she was about to ask for Jiho's help fixing the small figure.

 

"Fine, I'll shut up." Jiho let go of the Christmas tree and Mimi took over her place.

 

After Jiho walked at a distance, Mimi whispered to Yooa. "Let's always invite Arin first when planning a gathering like this."

 

The evening continued, it's about an hour when they're almost finished decorating the tree while Arin and Jiho are busy with the wall decorations. 

 

"Guys? Have you seen the star? It's not here." Hyojung took a look at the other box on the corner. Yubin looked around as well.

 

"Really? Let me check." Seunghee stood up from the floor and checks the remaining boxes. Hyojung sat down and re-opened the boxes.

 

"I'll check my car." Mimi said and left. Yooa remained working on the Christmas tree.

 

After a few minutes of looking around, Hyojung saw Mimi coming back. 

 

"Mimi, I thought you went to check your car." She asked but Mimi just smiled at her, walking straight to help Yubin and Seunghee. Then there, Hyojung saw Hyejin opening the door. It's been a while. Weeks? It's been weeks since Hyojung last saw Hyejin. Her best friend got rid of the bangs, she looks more attractive now but the fact that Hyojung remembers she's married, she starts seeing flaws in Hyejin. She never thought this day would come.

 

"Is this what you're looking for? Mimi gave it to me." Hyejin said as soon as she's standing across Hyojung who's still at the floor. Hyojung looked at Mimi who immediately looked away, acting busy. 

 

Hyojung chuckled. Mimi must've thought Hyojung and Hyejin are in a drama but they aren't. 

 

Hyojung smiled at Hyejin. 

 

I hope that when I meet you at our New Year's party, you're wearing that beautiful cheeky smile, without pain, without regrets about me. I love you Hyojung.

 

Hyejin smiled back then looked at their friends who are currently watching both of them. 

 

"I never felt like a celebrity before." Hyejin joked and all of them laughed. "Stop looking at us, will you?" Hyojung yelled at her friends.

 

"It's okay. I'm glad you haven't started eating yet." Hyejin placed her bag on a chair near her and then helped Hyojung stood up.

 

Hyojung wasn't sure if she was nervous about this day, knowing she's about to meet Hyejin again but she's glad how things turned out to be fine between them. It's heart-warming to have Hyejin around like this. Hyojung thought she'll get upset when she see Hyejin again but.. now she can smile without doubting what she's feeling. Though she's certain her feelings for Hyejin are still there, she's sure she's having a progress moving on now. 

 

"If you were Hyejin, would you choose me?" Mimi whispered to Yooa. As Hyejin and Hyojung, by the Christmas tree, started talking about many things, mainly Hyejin catching up on Hyojung, -- Mimi and Yooa went to the table to rest. 

 

"If I were Hyejin and you were Hyojung, yes I would.. But if you're Jinyoung, then I'll choose the you as Jinyoung." Yooa whispered back. Mimi pouted and shook her head out of confusion.

 

"Ah this is confusing." 

 

Jiho sat on her designated chair to rest as well, she heard the couple talking about Hyejin but decided not to in. Looking at her right, she saw her fiancée sneaking a few biteful of the food on the table.

 

"Hey, what are you doing?" Jiho pulls Arin who was laughing trying to finish the food on .

 

"Why didn't you feed her? She's so hungry." Yooa said, pulling Arin away from Jiho. Jiho immediately pulled Arin back. Arin on the other hand is just focused on the mallows on the table, doesn't care about Jiho and Yooa pulling her again and again.

 

"Hey! I always cook for her. Blame Yubin for not feeding her sister." Jiho defended herself. Just then, Yubin who suddenly got the blame sat with them. Seunghee followed after.

 

"Ya Kim Jiho. Do you want me to tell them how Arin had to go out in the middle of the night just to take care of her annoying girlfriend?" Yubin rolled her hands and Jiho finally let Arin go just to cross her arms. 

 

"You already told them, idiot! And I was sick and alone!"

 

"Because you walked in the rain when we told you not to!"

 

"Wait- is that why you were out in the streets when we saw you the other week, Arin?" Yooa says, taking a piece of mallows. Arin giggled with her before answering.

 

"Yeah, she won't stop texting me." Arin answered, still busy eating.

 

"Then the other day, Jiho knocked on our door with high fever." Yubin complained again. Arin chuckled, she pinched Jiho's cheek remembering how annoying Jiho was that day.

 

"Damn Jiho, why do you keep getting sick?" Mimi asked her, since they've all been busy with work, Mimi and Jiho couldn't hang out like they always did before. It's more like Jiho is back on her trio with Yubin and Seunghee as Mimi is focusing more on Yooa and her career. Jiho understands it though, even she spends most of her time with Arin .. and eating .. and sleeping, and of course working.  

 

"No it's not that, I wasn't sick when I called Arin last week, I just missed her." If the old Jiho would hear what she just said right now, she'll probably smack herself out of cringe. Yes, she was very clingy towards Arin back in college but these days, since she asked the girl to be her fiancée, they act more like a married couple. Arin is graduating soon and that "soon" they'll be both working. Jiho was always alone in her place and tiring days makes her want to see Arin. That's why, if Arin couldn't come to her place.. she'll just go to hers. After all, she's been very close to Arin and Yubin's parents.

 

"I think Jiho did a good job though, Yubin stayed the night at my house." Seunghee giggled. Jiho shook her head watching Seunghee and Yubin be all lovey-dovey towards each other. 

 

"Hyejin unnie! I looked up the design you sent me. It reeeally looked great on the office." Jiho exclaimed when Hyejin and Hyojung walked towards them. Looking at the room now, it looks brighter than it was before. The few decorations helped a lot.

 

"Wow, it's from Hyejin unnie?" Seunghee asked, resting her cheek on her palm. Hyejin smiled with a nod.

 

"Yeah, she recommended it."

 

"It's so cute unnie!" Yubin thanked Hyejin after.

 

"It's almost 8 PM. We should start cooking." Hyojung said. The youngers girls looked up at the two eldest still standing by the table.

 

"How about Hyojung and I will buy drinks and you guys can start grilling the meat and cook?" Hyejin suggested, giving Jiho a look. Jiho nodded and stood up.

 

"Alright!" She cued, the two elder girls head outside while Jiho started taking out the ingredients on the table.

 

"Wow Jiho you've been communicating with Hyejin and you didn't tell me." Mimi started, Jiho chuckled. It wasn't that she didn't wanna tell the others, but she knew the girls were busy entertaining Hyojung in the past weeks, Hyejin is their friend too, Jiho just took the responsibility of balancing their friendship.

 

"Are you my girlfriend? Why would I tell you" Jiho replied, she looks at her girlfriend on her side who's struggling to put on her pink apron.

 

"I mean! I've been comforting Hyojung unnie" Mimi. Yooa and Yubin walked away for a moment to get the utensils from the kitchen. Seunghee was just listening.

 

"And with that, I need to keep talking to Hyejin unnie or else we'll lose her.. Arin come here." Jiho pulled away from the table and Arin turned her back from Jiho. The latter tied Arin's apron into a ribbon.

 

"We won't." Arin said after, then mouthing a "thank you" to Jiho.

 

"You're not sure of that." Jiho said, Just then, Yooa and Yubin came back to the table. Mimi started seasoning the meat and Seunghee helped her.

 

"She's still into Hyojung and it shows. Even if we stop talking to her, she won't stop being our friend, and Hyojung's admirer." Jiho added.

 

"You really think we'll soon stop talking to her?" Yooa asked and Jiho couldn't answer. It's not what Jiho thinks, but the recent events led the group to be a little distant towards Hyejin. It's just a little weird.

 

"Nah, she's my father, we can't." Seunghee suddenly barged in. Mimi laughed, she still finds it funny whenever Seunghee claims that Hyejin and Hyojung are her parents when Mimi used to also tease Seunghee about Hyojung.

 

"And, you guys, stop being hard on her." Jiho said, pointing at Mimi.

 

"Guys?? You're only pointing at me!" Mimi complained once again, Arin laughed, gesturing her thumbs up at Jiho.

 

"What, I mean she hurts Hyojung." Yooa said, supporting Mimi's outburst.

 

"And she didn't contact us for weeks." Seunghee added.

 

"We also didn't contact her." Arin said, everyone admitted the lowkey defeat. Although Arin and Yubin have been talking about visiting Hyejin, they're just a little busy with Arin's graduation and Yubin's work.

 

"Maybe she's busy." Yubin reasoned out, Jiho looked at her friend and smiled. At least there's Yubin and Arin on her side.

 

"She was busy." Jiho answered. It was the truth. Honestly, she's been trying her best not to spill everything Hyejin told her but it's getting harder because her friends are still sensitive of what happened.

 

"Oh really? I didn't know because she WASN'T talking to us." Mimi pointed out and Jiho can't blame anyone.

 

The group continued debating and Jiho's having enough of these. No one should be blamed of what happened, they're all friends and the truth is what matters.

 

"She didn't sign the marriage papers." Jiho said in a low voice, she tried her best to keep it low because she knew her friends would be shocked about it.

 

And they were.

 

"WHAT??"

 

"FOR REAL?!"

 

"Oh my god, really?"

 

"Seunghee's dad would scold her. You mean the ceremony was useless?" Yubin placed the knife down to focus on talking.

 

"She didn't sign the marriage papers or she signed up for the divorce papers, It's either of the two. I really don't know by details but one thing's for sure, she's here because she's single and she loves Hyojung." Jiho explained. She really didn't know the details. It's that she's busy but she's happy that Hyejin is making up for what she did and is now being true to what she really feels.

 

"Don't worry, my dad didn't know she got married. But for real? God.. Hyojung may or may not like this" Although there was panic in Seunghee's eyes, she looked excited. All those days of trying to make Hyojung smile is worth it knowing Hyejin would come back for the girl.

 

"It's just been like.. 2 months?" Yooa counted on her fingers.

 

"Jinyoung was the one who held the papers first, I don't know, Hyejin unnie just had to tell me about it for advice because my aunt is a lawyer."

 

"Wow.. Why didn't she tell us?" Mimi wondered though she knows the reason why. In conclusion, their friendship shouldn't have been affected by this kind of matter.. Mimi regrets not talking to Hyejin. She wasn't alone though, Yubin, Seunghee and Yooa feels that way as well.

 

"Arin did you know this?" Yubin asked her sister who's again, busy eating a few bits of nuts on the corner.

 

"She was there when Hyejin unnie called me" Jiho explained for the busy girl. There was silence on the table after that, everyone must be reflecting about what happened.

 

"She.. didn't tell me to keep that as a secret so.. I think it's safe to tell you. Just not sure about Hyojung unnie." Jiho muttered and looked at her friends.

 

"She should be the one to tell Hyojung unnie." Seunghee said and the girls nodded.

 

"And we should talk to Hyejin." Mimi leads. Yooa smiled and patted her girlfriend's back.

 

"Don't worry, Hyejin doesn't mind. In fact, she liked it that you were with Hyojung. Stop acting weird and distant from her. She'd love it better if you treat her like you did before."

 

"Well that wouldn't be hard."

 

When Hyejin and Hyojung came back, Jiho texted Hyejin that the group knows already and the older girl thanked her. Jiho was gone for three years and although she could talk to her friends through calls, she felt like she didn't do much. That's why when she came back and these things happened, she did her best to make it up to her friends.

 

Yubin and Seunghee finally got together after all those years, Jiho knew the first time she got in the same room as Seunghee and Yubin that there's a spark between them. In their first year, when Seunghee and Jiho sat in their very first class together, Jiho saw how Seunghee couldn't take her eyes off the girl across her and that was Yubin. Jiho had to work for Yubin to get closer to them. She even ask the two out to play and hang out and she'll leave so the two can get to know each other more. That's why it was really a success when she found them falling in love with each other.

 

Jiho also takes her leaving the apartment on the account for Mimi and Yooa. See, if I didn't leave, they won't live together.

 

And for those three years, she watched and listened to her friends' stories of funny moments she couldn't attend to. Thus, now that she's back, she can't bear to see her friends dividing or parting ways, they are her family. Hyejin wasn't the one who contacted her first, she did it just after the wedding and Arin knew all of her worries so the girl also helped her.

 

"Mihyunah smile!" Yooa and Mimi giggled together as they shot a few pictures of them together on Mimi's phone. It's almost 10 PM when the group finished cooking and they were all hungry so they proceeded to eat. They usually don't prepare games, they always find their way to make the night interesting.

 

"Jiho unnie come here I want a picture too." Arin tried to pull the other girl. Jiho chuckled and takes Arin's phone.

 

"Okay, I'll take a picture of you."

 

"Noooo, I want us together." Arin pouted.

 

"Jiho stop being stubborn." Yubin takes the phone from Jiho and told her to sit closer to Arin. Jiho sighed and looked at the giggling Arin. Soon she smiled and they giggled together. Yubin took the opportunity to take pictures of the couple.

 

"We should take a photo together! It's been months since the last time we're complete." Seunghee called them. Hyejin looked at Hyojung smiling while watching their friends. She couldn't help but smile as well. Hyojung's smile is too bright today. Hyejin suddenly feels insecure about it. She told Hyojung that she wants to see her smiling like this but now, she slightly wants to see Hyojung show affection towards her.. like she misses her.

 

"Hyejin unnie! Come here!" Seunghee called her. Like the usual, Jiho would hold the phone and they'll gather behind her. Hyojung pulled her that the girl is hugging her from behind. That caused Hyejin to smile genuinely, she missed Hyojung's hugs.

 

--

 

"I have a brainteaser for you." Mimi grinned confidently. Seunghee takes the wit challenge and leaned closer.

 

"What is it?" She asked. Yubin and Yooa were in their own conversation while Hyejin and Hyojung are just listening to Seunghee, Jiho and Mimi's "battle of wits". Arin on the side looked really interested, she and Jiho have been betting everytime Seunghee and Mimi are up.

 

"I'm voting for Seunghee unnie." Arin whispered to Jiho, taking Jiho's hand, biting it lightly. She has a thing on biting. Jiho furrowed her eyebrows but lets Arin bite her anyway.

 

"Hey! That's unfair, we know Mimi unnie would lose!" Jiho grinned, the girls laughed at her nonstop teasing. It's been 10 minutes since this "battle" started but Seunghee and Mimi never challenged Jiho. That's why the girl just speaks out from time to time to get back to the two.

 

Hyejin laughed, she leaned on Hyojung and whispered. "I'm voting for Jiho."

 

Hyojung hits her shoulder and laughed. "Hey that's unfair! She always wins."

 

"What makes you the same as the black hole?" Mimi asked, the table waited for Seunghee's answer.

 

"We're both powerful..?" She answered unsure.

 

Mimi slammed the table and laughed. "No! You both !" With that, Seunghee held her chest, her jaw dropped.

 

"Hey! I won!" Jiho celebrated, she tilts her head and immediately stole a kiss on Arin's lips, causing the girl to blush hard. Arin might've built confidence in the past years but Jiho still makes her shy at times like this and Jiho enjoys it a lot.

 

--

 

"Okay let's talk about the cheesiest or stupidest moment you did with or for your girlfriends."

 

"Oh that seems fun!" Hyejin exclaimed. Yooa leaned a little to whisper on Hyejin's ear. "Jiho and Yubin's entries are always the funniest."

 

That's right, since the two of them are not the type to do cheesy things, the group finds it funny when their girlfriends talk about what they do.

 

"Are you joining, Hyejin?" Hyojung asked her seatmate. Hyejin nodded an "of course" and the talk started.

 

They cleared the center of the table and placed the empty bottle there. They'd be choosing who's going first through spin the bottle. Seunghee spun the bottle as she's the one in the middle. After a few more rotation, the bottle stopped and it pointed to Arin.

 

"Alright! We have a candidate!"

 

Arin shyly clasped her hands together and looked at Jiho.

 

"Uh.. You know my bestfriend, Byeol, right? She always gives me flowers and one time, I gave them to Jiho because they're really pretty but I can't spend my money to buy some for her. "

 

"What?!" The group laughed hysterically. Even Hyejin remembers how Jiho told them on the groupchat about it.

 

"HAHAHAHA Jiho kept bragging about it to us! God I was a little jealous but nevermind." Seunghee couldn't stop laughing. Yubin shoved her face on the table because she can't move on from too much laughter.

 

"Hey shut up, I knew about that and it's already embarrassing!" Jiho defended herself, crossing her arms but Arin hugged her and of course, she can't resist the girl.

 

Hyojung sighed after finally calming down. "Okay okay, Jiho it's your turn to humiliate Arin."

 

"What- I can't do that, she's too lovely.." Jiho scratched her head. Yooa taps on the table to get their attention.

 

"Then tell us a stupid thing you did."

 

"Well.. It was long ago when Arin and I were just friends and I wanted to impress her. I borrowed Seunghee's guitar because I'm planning to sing for Arin."

 

"Oh that." Seunghee covered her face, she remembered what happened back then.

 

Jiho chuckled. "Yeah, that. Sooo.. I went to the rooftop of that one school building where Arin and I meet a lot."

 

"You mean, Shiah and my place?" Mimi again, claimed the rooftop on one of their former university's buildings. Though technically, she and Jiho had agreed to share it.

 

"Hey! Hyejin and I hang out there too!" Hyojung butted in, tapping on the table. Hyejin beside the clueless Hyojung blushed remembering how they used to spend time together in the university. Good old days.

 

"Stop talking and let Jiho proceed!" Yubin always had to cut her friends off from fighting.

 

"So, I put on my earphones because back then, I can't sing when I'm not listening to music. I started strumming and felt the music growing out of my body." Jiho narrated, she feels awkward talking about it and she knew her friends would love what she's about to say.

 

Arin and Seunghee started giggling.

 

"But then, after 2 and a half minutes, the earphones popped off my ears and that's when I heard and realized that the guitar is out of tune." Jiho shoved her head on the table as her friends laughed at her.

 

"Poor Jiho!" Mimi aww-ed, patting Jiho's head.

 

"Yes, she didn't stop playing pranks on me for 2 months and a half because I didn't set the tune of my guitar." Seunghee shoved her head on the table just like Jiho did.

 

"Poor Seunghee!" Hyejin aww-ed, patting Seunghee's head.

 

"The thing is.. Arin acted all fascinated watching me and the guitar out of tune!" Jiho pouted and the table laughed harder. Who would think Jiho could do something embarrassing!

 

--

 

"Nothing embarrassing, I wore my Sunday outfit to impress my lover." Hyejin said, eyes busy on her hands, not because she's embarrassed about it but because it was about Hyojung. She's been trying the whole day to suppress her emotions but since the group is talking about their lovelife.. why not be true to herself.

 

The lover was Hyojung.

 

On the other hand, Hyojung was thankful she didn't need to take her turn, because if she did. She won't be able to pick the most stupid decision she'd done to her lovelife.. Plus, Hyejin is a little confusing today. How is she acting liek this when she's married? No, don't get your hopes up, Hyojung. You didn't spend the past months of moving on for this.

 

"I was childish and jealous, I confronted Mimi's batchmate who I thought had a thing for her." Yooa confessed when the bottle pointed at her. Mimi furrowed her eyebrows. 

 

"Uh.. who?" The oblivious girl asked. Hyojung and Yubin laughed, knowing who it was and how badass Yooa was before.

 

"Wait- Why are you guys laughing..?" Mimi asked again, still confused. She scratched her head. 

 

"Don't think too much, Mimi unnie, that'll be the last time Yooa unnie will do it." Arin patted Mimi's back, the others are still making fun of Mimi being slowpoke. Yooa once told her friends about her talk with Kei, but after it happened, she didn't bring it up to Mimi. She's thankful her friends didn't do that as well.

   

"I.. could've gone home but I would stay at the library to help Seunghee with her thesis." Yubin confessed. It's almost 11:30 PM. 30 minutes more before the new year.

 

"You call that embarrassing?" Seunghee bantered and Yubin rolled her eyes. The short-haired girl looked at Mimi and Hyojung who seemed to got to their senses, pointing at each other when they realized something.

 

"That's right! Yubin always call the both of us to help her HELP YOU in your thesis!" Hyojung pointed at Seunghee who now feels guilty. She always saw Yubin as her savior back in college, the girl helps her a lot but she just realize now how much Yubin helped her.. somehow her heart flutters thinking about Yubin's efforts.

 

"Anyway, stop the cheesiness, it's new year soon! Let's go upstairs?" Mimi said, the girls agreed and they soon headed to the rooftop. One best thing about New Year celebrations is the fireworks display. Jiho already prepared the set-up of the rooftop extra sweet with mini lights surrounding the area. 

 

"Wow Jiho, you're all out today.." Seunghee says in awe. The girls immediately worked in taking pictures of each other, admiring the view, and the setting, the atmosphere, and the fact that they're together again. Hyejin was standing at the corner, taking pictures of the sky. The girls exchanged looks, Hyojung smiled at them and started walking to join Hyejin who was alone at the corner.

 

Soon, the clock is 2 minutes away from 00:00. The girls held hands with a soft feeling in their chest. It's not yet time but there already are fireworks in the sky. Jiho looked at Mimi and Yooa beside her, and to Yubin and Arin, and Hyejin, Seunghee and Hyojung. Memories, another set of memories has been added to their friendship. It's not everyday when you can find good friends like them, people you can look after and will also look after you even though you don't talk everyday. It's like a family that you can always go home to.


"10! 9! 8! 7! 6! 5! 4! 3! 2! 1!" Arin giggled and screamed her heart out.

 

"HAPPY NEW YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!"

 

BONUS. 

 

"Arin and Jiho are leaving." Hyojung announced, the girls are still at the table while she just went downstairs with Jiho and Arin who wanted to take more photos at the rooftop. Their friends stood up to walk the couple out, although Mimi was still on the comfort room, Jiho planned to just send Mimi a text.

 

"Hey, you should be back before lunch tomorrow." Yubin says, Arin nodded and hugged her sister a goodbye. She's staying the night at Jiho's.

 

"Thank you guys! See you later ahe" Arin's unnies took their turns to give Arin a hug while Jiho already prepared her car. It's been a week since she got it, Mimi and Seunghee both told her to just get her own car because they can't always fetch her everyday like she's their girlfriend. Jiho opened the door for Arin and then hugged her friends goodbye, thanking them for the party they did.

 

"Hey Jiho." Yubin called.

 

"Yea?" 

 

"Take care of my sister." Yubin said and hugged Jiho again. She hasn't talked to Arin about the relationship with Jiho in the past month but she could see that the two are both happy together. Just now, they celebrated a new year and soon.. her baby sister Arin would be growing older. She glanced at Arin on the car, putting on her seatbelt. Yubin smiled, patting Jiho's back.

 

Jiho chuckled. "Of course."

 

Jiho was about to get in her car when Seunghee called her.

 

"Hey Jiho."

 

"WHAT??"

 

"Use protection." 

 

"ARE YOU SERIOUS? The hell would we use protection for" Jiho immediately hopped on her car and started the engine. The others laughed at them and went inside the cafe again.

 

"Damn, next time we see Arin, she might be sore." Seunghee muttered as they sat back on their table and Yubin hits her shoulder. Seunghee laughed, rubbing her shoulder. 

 

"Seunghee will you shut up" Hyejin sipped from her juice bottle, chuckling at Seunghee.

 

"What?? Jiho was really excited about tonight." Seunghee crossed her arms, defending herself.

 

"Stooooop! Arin's still a baby!" Yooa squealed, covering her ears. Hyojung bit her bottom lip and nodded along with what Yooa said. "Yeah!"

 

"Jiho went home with Arin?" Mimi asked as she just walked back in the lobby. 

 

"Arin went home with Jiho." Seunghee corrected. Mimi ignored her and sat next to Hyejin across Yooa who instantly held Mimi's hand on the table.

 

Hyojung furrowed her eyebrows. "What's the difference?" 

 

"I'm the one who said it right." Seunghee smiled wide, shrugging the non-existing dust on her shoulder.

 

"Seriously.. Ya, Yubin, watch out for Jiho and Arin's marriage soon. Jiho's not gonna let go of your sister." Mimi said, taking a bite from the food she has on the table.

 

"I've accepted the curse of my life to have Jiho as my sister in law for years already." Yubin wiped off the imaginary tears below her eyes. Seunghee giggled and patted Yubin's back. She must be so proud about Yubin's progressing wits.

 

"Yay poor you."

 

"Let the kids be, they're in love."

 

"Yeah but they're kids."

 

"Jiho's technically the same age as me and Yubin, you don't call us kids."

 

"Because you're not dating Arin." Yubin poked Seunghee's forehead that caused Seunghee to shriek a little, she thought Yubin would do something to her peaceful forehead.

 

An hour later, the girls start minding their own business. Seunghee walked towards her girlfriend who's busy cleaning up the mess they had from decorating the tree and the mini games they played.

 

"How about us?"

 

"Hm?"

 

"When are we living together?"

 

Yubin stopped and looked at Seunghee.

 

"Do we have to?" Yubin asked, she didn't hear what Seunghee whispered after but she could tell that the girl looked a little upset at her response.

 

"I mean.." Yubin leaned down a little to take a crumpled paper from the floor and threw it inside the box. "Now? Do we have to do it now? Our houses are literally 5 minutes away from each other. Instead of renting an apartment, let's just save up."

 

"But we don't have anything to save up for, our business with Jiho is doing well, and now this cafe, we're already good." Seunghee thinks Yubin is always too slow about everything.. usually she has plans but now, it seemed like they're stuck and Yubin's just making up reasons.

 

"How about our marriage?" Yubin asks. Seunghee couldn't believe it, was Yubin serious?

 

"I mean.. soon, right? We'll marry each other and we'll have to use a lot of money for that. We could buy a house, or have our own designed house made by Mimi unnie. Wait.. You'll marry me, right?" Yubin looked back at Seunghee, only to find her girlfriend with blushing cheeks and red ears. She chuckled.

 

"Are you proposing right now..?" Seunghee asked, still shocked about what she just heard.

 

Yubin crossed her arms and acted like she's thinking. She could see Seunghee waiting for her answer with those innocent cute eyes anyone might think she's a 9-year old girl confused about something.

 

"Nope." Yubin answered and went back to cleaning.. and Seunghee didn't stop whining while following her.

 

HYEJIN.

 

"They're so cute." Hyojung said and moved to the chair next to Hyejin. The latter nodded, she's been watching Seunghee and Yubin walking all over the room with Yubin cleaning and Seunghee just following the girl with just her socks on. Sometimes, Hyejin can't comprehend how her friends are in a relationship but still acts in the nature of kids.

 

"Here." Hyejin took Hyojung's hand and placed a ring on her palm. It's obvious that Hyojung looked confused at what she did. Hyejin may look calm but her heart has been beating too nervously the whole day, she tried her best to stay chill but she thinks this is her chance.

 

"What..? What is this? Why?" Hyojung asked, she picked up the ring from her left palm and looked at it. 

 

Hyejin didn't answer, she gave Hyojung a smile and kissed Hyojung's lips. Hyojung wasn't responding at first until she Hyejin held Hyojung's hand and the ring stayed between their palms, their fingers intertwined.

 

At a distance, there's Mihyun and Shiah smiling while watching Seunghee, Yubin, Hyojung and Hyejin.

 

"Don't worry, our love story is still the most dramatic." Shiah assured Mihyun who laughed and wrapped her arm around her girlfriend's shoulder, Shiah leaned on Mihyun.

 

Love is like riding a car with a significant person, you can't focus on the road but deep in your heart, you know that you have a responsibility because you aren't alone in the journey.