4th

The Pacey Tendency
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been two months and their supposed Saturdays together have just never come to be. Jisoo was hurt. It had become their day together not just because they watched films. It was their day because they allowed themselves to see bits and pieces of who they are.

She knew how Seulgi will do her best to cook her brunch, even if it’s just plain eggs and fried maling. One day, Jisoo cannot help but laugh when Seulgi proudly brandished the basil seasoning she bought.

“Malay mo mag-iba lasa,” Seulgi joked. And so they will put basil seasoning into anything and everything – corned beef, hotdog, even Lucky Me pancit canton.

She knew how Seulgi tried to look for films that Jisoo wanted to watch. How Seulgi carried another set of pillows with her to prop up Jisoo’s back, which will ache from time to time without the proper support.

She loved it when Seulgi shared her thoughts with her about the films they’ve seen and how she will listen to her views intently too. The exchange of opinions will then cover a whole range of issues concerning the society they live in, the generational zeitgeist, the lives they’re trying to live and the dreams they’re trying so hard to achieve.

She loves Seulgi’s peculiarities, even her soft snores. She revels in the way Seulgi hugs her protectively when they sleep.

She loves her.

But she’s a Pacey.  

Jisoo didn’t think she’ll see Seulgi again, especially on that particular Thursday night. They were invited by a friend to their apartment for some good old Elbi chaotic chill. She was drinking – and crying – yes, she has become that cliché – when Seulgi and Irene walked inside.

They were followed by Wendy, Yeri and Joy. Seulgi looked at her worriedly, her eyes then darting to Lisa, Rosé and Jennie, asking questions. They didn’t know what to say.

Irene then pulled Seulgi toward

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter