TWO

As seen through my lenses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

V stopped digging the bag of chips after what Wendy said, pointing his finger accusingly at his friend and club-mate. Jennie, his fraternal twin sister, came home last night with a frown and it would not have been much of a big deal, because Jennie is like that most of the time, but he became the receiving end of her frustrations. “So you’re the reason why my sister was extra grumpy last night!”

“Come on, she was a being a diva.” Wendy huffed. They were only able to film a few usable clips because, most of the time, Jennie and her are arguing. “Also, I did not agree on being her designated driver within filming duration! Your sister is crazy crazy.”

“And that’s it,” Wendy turned off her camera. “I have to get going since I still have to pick up Irene from the University—“

Jennie reached for Wendy’s sleeve, tugging it. “Oh no no no. I am not yet done, Wendy. You’re not going to leave me here because, one, you have to pay for all of these as compensation. Two, and as agreed, it is your responsibility to drive me back home.”

“What the hell are you talking about? We never had an agreement.” Wendy jerked her arm away from Jennie’s hold, “Irene may be your bestfriend but I‘m not really fond of you. So why would I—“

“Fine! I’ll contact my driver but atleast stay here until I get fetched”

“Yah you really have a habit of cutting me off.” Wendy poked Jennie’s forehead a bit too hard, causing the other girl to wince. “Stop being overdramatic. Now, goodbye because my future wife needs me! See you tomorrow, your highness”

“Oh you and don’t think I won’t tell Irene about this!” Jennie’s voice went higher, this reminds her to ask Irene how she’s able to deal with this annoying Wendy. She needs to tell Irene ASAP that Wendy’s not only a pain in the head but also a two-faced . “Don’t you dare walk away from me, Wendy Son!”

Wendy took out her airpods, sticking her tongue out at Jennie and signaling that she can’t hear her— nothing amuses her more than a pissed Jennie. “Bye bye.”

When Jennie came home, she threw the paperbags at her brother, Taehyung, who was minding his own business and with his tone full or sarcasm, he said, “Well, good evening to you too, Ruby Jane. May I ask what happened that the princess is extra grumpy tonight?”

“Give me the other controller.” Jennie demanded, taking a seat beside her brother. “I’m going to crash you in this game.”

With a chuckle, “Jen, you don’t even play this game.”

“Shut up”

“Okay.” Taehyung squeaked. He knew not to tread further and, for the rest of game night, he let Jennie defeat him by playing half-. He can only shake his head and laugh everytime Jennie does silly dances to celebrate her little win. Like what he promised their parents, he is going to be Jennie’s sunshine when dark clouds surround her because, despite being fraternal twins, he is still Jennie’s big brother. “I’m going to take my revenge! Watch out!”

     Irene placed an apple on Jennie’s food tray. They were seated on their usual cafeteria spot, “So you’re mad at Wendy because of that?”

Jennie raised a thumbs up, “Good choice rejecting her by the way because she is a two-faced , Rene. Acting all sweet when it comes to you but always an when it comes to me! I mean, I’m your bestfriend! She should respect me.”

“I really don’t know what to do with the two of you.” Irene massaged her temples. At this rate, she won’t be stressed with schoolworks but with the constant fights and arguments of Jennie and Wendy. “And can you please stop bringing up the rejection thing. Wendy and I already talked about and you too know the real reason why I still do not want to take things to another level”

“Yeah the whole not ready for commitment stuff but, Rene, I should also remind you that I do not approve of her. Wendy Son is not an angel! I repeat, she’s not!”

Irene rolled her eyes, “Jen, please be nice to her because what if the time comes and I’m finally ready to commit myself to Wendy? And you’re my bestfriend! I’m expecting you two to get along.”

“You tell her to be nice to me, Hyun.” Jennie argued then she saw Wendy coming in their direction, “Bold of you to show up after what you did to me yesterday!”

Wendy casually sat down beside Irene, placing an unopened bottle of water in Irene’s tray. “I had to pick up Irene because she’s my responsibility and you’re not.”

Jennie turned to her bestfriend. “See, Rene? Told you!”

“Anyway,” Wendy cleared , facing Jennie. “What are we going to do today, your highness?”

“An I’m sorry dinner at a fancy restaurant would be nice.”

“Oops. Can’t. Irene and I have a dinner reservation for tonight.”

Irene’s eyes widened, she totally forgot about the dinner reservation and she called for a Dinner Meeting with the other Student Council members. Apologetically looking at Wendy while holding her hand, “Holy . Wan, I have a meeting after classes. I don’t think I can ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter