ONE

As seen through my lenses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

College Professor and Head Facilitator of the Filmmakers Club, Lee Soo Man, raised an eyebrow as he read Wendy’s video project proposal entry for the upcoming University Festival. Wendy looking like a child as she plays with her fingers— a bit nervous of what this old man would say. Then Mr. Soo Man lightly shook his head and placed the paper on his table. Although he is impressed of this student’s creative mind and he did admit, in multiple occasions, that Wendy is one of his top students, he might have to reject this entry idea “This does not hit close to our theme, Wendy”

Wendy pursed her lips-- forming a thin line, letting out a small groan with her shoulders slump “You’re not going to believe me if I tell you that I do not have anything else in mind other than that”

Mr. Lee let out a low laugh “Ofcourse, I won't because I know you have so much potential in you” and then there goes the scrutinizing eyes of this old man “You are in your senior year and I can’t believe you were only able to come up with something like this”

“Yah!” Wendy sat straight, ready to defend a project proposal that she actually just came up with 3 hours ago because she’s desperate to pass something “What’s wrong with a documentary about dogs and cats?”

Pinching the bridge of his nose “Wendy, our theme is supposed to feel raw and personal. Something that expresses truth by means of using our cameras”

“The whole dogs and cats feels raw to me though. I mean, maybe my short film can help us understand these furbabies more and—”

“Son Seungwan”

“Fine fine” she rolled her eyes

“Tell you what. I’ll extend the deadline till tomorrow just for you. I know you can come up with something better” Mr. Lee handed her back the paper “How about... rather than using dogs and cats as your subjects— how about a human?”

“Human” Seungwan echoed. A smile finally crept in her face— maybe the moment she walks out of Mr. Lee’s office, she’ll be able to come up with something that fits the bill “Raw, personal, truthful and challenging.... got it”

     After that meeting with Mr. Lee, Wendy had gone directly to Irene, who had been busy for days since the festival is coming up in less than a month and, being the President of the Student Government, she shoulders most of the responsibility, however... Wendy’s an annoying brat and she’s going to bother Irene in every chance she gets. And there she is, the epitome of perfection and the woman of Wendy’s dreams. Sometimes Wendy wonders how come Irene can still look that good despite being sweaty and her bun all messy.

“Hey, I got you some smoothie” Wendy happily grinned and placed the mango smoothie on the table “You’ve been extra busy”

“We’re not yet halfway through designing this auditorium” Irene sighed as she stopped whatever she was doing to take the drink off Wendy’s hand then taking a sip. Irene is a known perfectionist, which is why she put every ounce of effort to everything she does— again, one of things that made Wendy more interested in her “By the way, why did you drop by?”

“I always drop by, Rene” Wendy took a step closer to Irene, taking her handkerchief out of her pocket and wiped the sweat off Irene’s face “Aigoo, you’ve been working extra hard huh”

Irene had been used to Wendy’s sweet gestures. Also, it’s a known fact in this University that Wendy Son has this huge big fat crush on the University’s Student President. And Irene’s not dumb to not notice that Wendy treats her differently from other people even their close friends. However, despite the sweet or grand gestures by Wendy and the two being almost inseparable, Irene does not seem to have plans to take their status to the next level.

“Ugh. What a disgusting display”

“Ugh” Wendy copied. The living spawn of the devil, always the mood destroyer and your typical University Queen-ka. However, and as much as Wendy hates her, she could not dispatch this woman because she is, unfortunately— a very very unfortunate fact, Irene’s bestfriend “I thought my day’s going to run good because I have not seen you all morning. Too bad you had to show up in the afternoon”

Flashing a satisfied smile “Well, I guess I did not fail my mission to make you miserable every single day then”

“Why do you have to argue every ing time that you share the same room?” Irene rolled her eyes at her bestfriend “Jennie, please play nice”

“Ouch. Why am I the one getting called out? Are you protecting her more than your bestfriend? I mean, are you choosing your girlfriend more than your bestfriend? Oh right..” Jennie turned to Wendy, wearing an evil smirk “You’re not her girlfriend because Irene already rejected you twice! Haa! Dream on, loser”

“ you” to which Wendy flipped her middle finger in front of Jennie. Yep, Irene did reject her twice but Jennie did not have to rub it in— the first one was during their senior high after grad party and the second one was last year but that does not mean Wendy is backing down. Irene can reject her four times more times and Wendy will still willingly let Irene have her on the tip of her fingers.

“Okay, that’s enough. You two are always disturbing me. I have a lot of things that I need to accomplish and the two of you are not helping” Irene slightly pushed Wendy, signaling her to take her leave “Also, Jennie. Don’t you have anything better to do?”

“Other than annoying Wendy?” Jennie hummed and pretended to think “hmmm.. Actually, I’m taking this whole thing as a life mission”

“Should I be flattered that Your Highness is actually sparing me some of her precious time?”

“You should be flattered that I’m allowing you to breath the same air as me” Jennie crossed her arms across her chest with a smug look— proud of her comeback. Irene could only shake her head and give up trying to shut these two. They’ve been like this ever since first year college when Wendy accidentally caused a cafeteria scene with Jennie as the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter