THREE

As seen through my lenses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh god,” Jennie remain rooted in her spot, horrified at what was displayed in front of her. Wendy, who stood behind her with a camera, could not help but laugh at the result. “Turn that ing camera off, Son Seungwan.”

Wendy zoomed in at the failed cookies. Which reminds her, “Yah. You said you were good at this! You were even bragging about it. What the is that, Jen?”

Jennie scowled then covered the lens with her hand— not wanting this to be included in Wendy’s project— but Wendy backed away, still wanting to capture this. Not like Jennie can do anything about it anymore, she could only give the camera a pout. “Maybe I was a bit off with the measuring.”

Wendy snorts. “A bit off? That looks nasty as hell, Ruby Jane. You went off-off with your measuring.”

“We should have gone shopping instead. This is embarrassing.” Jennie huffed, “I was actually craving for cookies.”

“I could just get you a dozen of chocolate chips at that nearby bakeshop. I heard they sell good ones.”

“But they don’t make those like the ones my mom makes.” nearly sulking and, obviously, embarrassed at the failed product. “I swear I tried to follow every step perfectly.”

Wendy sighed, “Demanding as always, your highness.” she pressed the button of her camera, to stop the recording and placed the camera on top of the kitchen counter. Wendy then reached for the available apron. “I’ll show you how it’s done... properly done, Kim Jennie.”

“No , Wendy Son. You know how to do all these stuff? And you chose not to help me awhile ago? You little .”

“What? I take pleasure in watching you struggle.” Wendy laughed as she walked towards the sink to wash her hands. Ofcourse, she would not admit that she found it endearing to see Kim Jennie in a different view— upclose and kinda domestic— not your living Chanel doll but just Jennie Kim with her hair tied up in a messy bun and with light make up on. And still Wendy refuses to admit that, the whole time, she was fondly staring at her. “Relax and take a seat, your highness, and I’ll try my best to recreate your mother’s recipe.”

Taehyung barged in with his boyfriend trailing behind him. Jennie often wonder if Jungkook has anything better to do than follow Taehyung around. “I heard someone say they are going to follow my mom’s recipe. Recipe for what?”

“Chocolate chip cookies.” Jennie answered.

Taehyung’s eyes lit up then excitedly sat beside Jennie, calling his boyfriend over. “I’m excited!”

“Yah you’re not included!” Jennie said while playfully pushing him away.

V replied with a stronger push, “Yah! She’s my friend too and you really want Wendy to yourself! Wait.. that reminds me,” he turned to Wendy, who was busy sifting the flour, and continued, “Remember that night when the two of you went to dinner—“

“Don’t you dare.” Jennie abruptly stood up, putting her right arm around her brother’s neck. It has been two days and V would still not let go of that. Already in a coughing fit, V hit the counter rapidly as if raising a white flag. As for Jungkook and Wendy, they could only laugh at the exchange.

     Joy, vice-president of external affairs, handed the ipad to Irene. They’ve been stuck in the room for an hour, contacting booths and getting as much progress as possible. “That’s the budget that we need for the concert. Everything is in there including the talent fees for the acts.”

“Thank you.”

“By the way, Jennie and Wendy seem to be getting along the past few days. It is quite surprising.” Joy sat down on one of the office chairs.

“They are working on a project for Wendy’s project entry and, unfortunately for me, they’d still fight over silliest little things.”

Joy faced her body towards Irene’s direction. She knows Irene enough to say that Irene gets too caught up with her Student Government responsibilities and studies that she misses a few other things— even when it is happening right under her nose. “I know it’s not really my business but are you not worried about the two spending a lot of time together?”

She does not understand what Joy’s trying to say. And so Irene finally looked up, “Why should I be worried, Joy?”

“Jennie’s not hard to fall inlove with and Wendy’s a natural charmer.”

She now understands what Joy’s trying to get across but she prefers not to give it much thought. And so she laughs, a bit forced. “Joy, this is Wendy and Jennie we are talking about. The chances of them seeing each other behind my back is very slim. Jennie’s my bestfriend and Wendy—“

“What if Wendy’s already tired of waiting for you? I mean, she’s been chasing you for years.”

“No, she won’t. Wendy said she’d wait until I’m ready for a relationship.” And Irene’s holding on to that. Irene‘s confident that she can easily reel Wendy back to her. In addition, Jennie won’t dare go against her— they are the best of friends. “Let’s drop this topic. But just so you know, Jennie will never betray me. She’s my bestfriend.”

Joy recalls the instagram stories, that were uploaded by V, that she saw awhile ago. Although, not to be that person but the look on Jennie’s face says otherwise. However, Joy obeyed Irene and only shook her head in response. “Okay. If you say so.”

Irene gripped the pen tightly, she should not let Joy’s words affect her but why is it s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter