chapter 6

The ordinary girl

His(PoV)

December 2011

" Be-B-BuBuhahuh-HeHaHaaha, ouch! Hhahaaahaaaa"

"You better stop, young man, before I kill you, stop laughing at my misery would you"Amber shouted, furiously hitting me and throwing anything and everything that she could put her hands on.

Well I would have stopped myself if I could with the assault that I was receiving it was better that I stopped but seriously the situation was way too hilarious and I really couldn't help myself, I mean honestly who could. Apparently, she and her groupmates had gone to a variety show and the MCs had started prodding into her love life, asking her who her first love was and when it happened so one thing led to another when Shindong one of the MCs and a senior fellow label mate asked her did she ever have her first kiss to which the great missy had answered ~' well that depends on your definition of what a kiss is because a kiss in Korea meant a peck on lips'  and by the time she had realized what she had done, the MCs had started further embarrassing while harassing her but further saying that she was a foreigner and that for American kiss meant a full blow makeout session. 

After a wholesome 10 minutes of me laughing hysterically,

"Seriously though, Ambs, you really did say all that on national tv in front of whole South Korea. What were you thinking, oh man I cant wait for this thing to blow up on the internet! SuBUHahaa! " 

"awww! what now, the manager gave me a 2-hour lecture and I am scared Lee Sooman sumbaneim  might call me tomorrow hat do I do."Worry and anxiety were clearly visible on her face.

Ruffling her hair and patting her head I tried to assure her"well you could always use the foreigner card and ay that you didn't understand the question or simply that LA and Korea literally are the two opposite pole of the world with words having different cultures with different meanings for words... it seriously isn't that big of a deal, if anything it gave everyone a good laugh. I mean if anything I found it absolutely hilarious" 

"Seriously I don't get it why are they so obsessed with my love life.... literally where ever I go everyone asks me questions along these lines and question like these put me in trouble with the company, seriously even Dad wasn't so nosy or strict about my first date or any of my dates. what do they expect me to be like, why do they expect me to have a no-zero love life, I mean i am a healthy young teenage girl, with hormones after all! and worse even if I do why the hell are they so interested in my private life that I don't wish to make to make public. why don't they focus on their life instead? It's not like idols don't date or they haven't dated before just because they won't share it, I mean you are going to debut next year, haven't you dated anyone? obviously, you would have you were the captain of the basketball team in Canada, surely would have some history with a cute cheerleader, that's common sense but you know what NO! here they wouldn't expect that from you, they would somehow be delusional about how you were the lonely handsome prince in your high school waiting for his first love. A with lips waiting for his first love to share his all firsts together... delusional folks"Amber ranted clearly irritation written all over her face.

"well well calm down missy sit down take a deep breath, come" I tried to pacify her ushering her to the sofa.

" oh don't you calm me down while laughing at my answer no tell haven't you dated , haven't you kissed? huh?" she literally pounced at me clearly as my efforts further instigating her.

"well yeah you are partially right, I had a thing going on with a girl before coming here, I mean we weren't exactly dating. "

"Really!" that somehow seemed to have pacified her and caught her attention "what do you mean not exactly dating"

"Well the day I was going to ask her out officially, I got a call from the agency that I had passed the audition and had to leave for here in a month so I didn't really ask her, I mean it wouldn't be fair to her or me. I'm not really a long-distance guy. Couldn't just go out with her only to leave her, you know "I answered her, but it somehow didn't seem to satisfy her.

"Wow, Wu you really are a prince from a romantic fairytale. aww this so romantic and sad, you must have really liked this girl, probably still like her, the love of your life your first love" she tried to console me hugging my head at patting me on the back, this really ticked me off.

"dude that was 4 years ago I was barely 18 there was literally nothing between only the casual double dates we went on because our mutual friends were dating... gosh! I don't even remember her name, what love of my life... that was a teenage crush, using words like the love of my life ew. apparently, you don't even know what love is silly." I practically roared at the girl while pushing her off me, seriously this was getting out of hand,, I really didn't have the time for it and even if I did  I really didn't want to have this discussion with anyone especially not with her.

"oh ho! look how this young prince is blushing! Aish you are so cute, any girl would go crazy over you if they saw this romantic side of you, You really are such a dreamy prince material " and with that, she laughed, really this girl didn't really know when to stop

"does that included you too Ms. Liu, I mean after all you too are a healthy young teenage girl with hormones do I make you go crazy too?" I tried to turn the tables towards her

"obviously yes" she answered, which kinda surprised me, kinda embarrassing me." you do make me go crazy, crazy with anger, 'cuz dear more than anything you are infuriatingly lazy and boring not exactly the things I find attractive in a guy" she shrugged her shoulder killing my embarrassment as soon as it was born.

"Well you are exactly my type either, 'madam I burn everything I try to cook' so not my type," I said throwing a pillow towards her

"thank you Jesus I am not, seriously for once I am glad that I can't cook" she threw the pillow back to me. "god bless the girl who falls for you Wu, " she shook her head. and before I could retort the doorbell rang. " oh that must be chicken yay! my treat since I can't cook I would at least pay for the food" and with that, she sprinted toward the door

***************************************************

At Dorm

I was exhausted. It was way past my bedtime when I reached dorm and way way too tired,  it had been like this since November actually ever since SM had confirmed the introduction of a new boy group for which I had been short lifted and most likely finalized. My sleeping hours had been reduced to 6 hours a day and I was already at my limit and knowing that from now on my sleep hours only going to get shorter sapped out the little energy I had left in me as I collapsed on my bed not even bothering to change into my pajamas. 

"Woah there at least have something to eat before crashing onto your bed like tha-, Wu Yifan! At least remove your sneakers! Oh lord! " LuHan shouted and then shook me off the bed" you better be in your pajamas by the time I get your cup ramen ready otherwise you won't be getting any sleep tonight!" he warned as he marched off to the kitchen before I could make any excuse to do otherwise. So I got up like the good nature guy that I am and tried to humor the older guy and got changed and even removed my shoes. You had to know that the guy was mad if he started ordering you like that, LuHan never ordered around and it was even rare that he ever shouted at anyone... so him shouting at me and ordering me to get meant that He was to be taken seriously, no questions asked. 

"Seriously, Wu we are to debut in a few months and you acting like this doesn't seem professional at all," LuHan said as he placed two cups of ramen and an orange juice in front of me and took a seat opposite to me.

"What do you mean not being professional, GeGe, I am being plenty professional considering that I practiced an extra 2 hours today which mean I sacrificed two hours of sleep, and knowing me you should know that what a big deal it is for me," I said while savoring the taste of the tasteless ramen, somehow the man was even worse than Amber at cooking.

"you had to practice extra two hours because you skipped two hours of individual practice suddenly! honestly, where did you run off to like that?do you know how much I had to convince the dance trainer to let it go especially when you know that dancing is your weakest point, huh? I don't even know what to say, But do tell me where did you run off suddenly to? what was so important that you took off like that without telling anyone?" his voice was seething in a cold rage. 

I was guilty.I really didn't have a proper excuse to give to him, so I just shook my head down staring at the cup ramen in my hands.

Why had I run off like that? Amber.

She had texted me to meet me at her apartment immediately and the rest you know what happened, so I really didn't have any proper excuse to give to him except that Amber had called, which was a very strong reason to leave like that. So I stayed silent waiting for the older one to say something.

"Amber again, wasn't it?"LuHan answered his own question as realization hit him when I didn't answer him and he crossed his arms and leaned back. "What is it between the two of you, do like her? Are you dating her or what?" he asked after a minute or two of silence.

"No I don't like her like that !" I shot answered confused why he would think like that, granted she was a girl and I a boy and we literally spent more time with each other than any boy-girl friend would, but come on  she was Amber and I was Wu Yifan, things weren't like that plus she wasn't the only girl in the industry who close to me, or I was the only guy she was close to, plus she and I were practically buddies." NO GeGe were just friends nothing like that. that's not how our dynamic is"

"Yeah and what exactly is your dynamic?" he asked raising an eyebrow at me" how exactly do you explain your behavior for today or all the times you acted out like that just because of a message she sent you?"

And that was the second time I couldn't answer him or look at him. Really why did I act like that, whenever she called me? this  had been bothering me a lot these days

"Look here Wu, my objective wasn't to corner you, "LuHan started"Honestly its none of my business knowing what is going on between the two of you, and from what I can see you shes got you bad." he got up and came close to me, tapping my shoulder which drew my attention towards him" Just be careful because your career is yet to start and she is already quite under the scrutiny. You really need to be careful after all for the sake of both your careers," he said and then started to pick up the plastic cup making his way toward the kitchen before he turned his head towards me again "people have been talking about you two already, just be careful after all this is Korea not LA or Canada, it doesn't take time for a rumor like this to blow up and destroy her career and yours which has yet to start " with that he resumed hid cleaning and walked out the door leaving me a total daze.

Apparently, a lot for my tired sleepy self to take in. Having feelings for my best friend was one thing but apparently, all that LuHan said before making his exit wasn't going to let me sleep today or for the coming days.

so much for a cup of ramen!