chapter 3

The ordinary girl

Her(pov)

31 August 2009

Tomorrow was going to be a big day, slash that it was going to be 'the day ' which would change my life forever. And dude was I nervous.

This whole month had been the most stressful I had ever been. Actually ever since I had come to Korea last year not a single day had gone by which wasn't stressful. 

It was all by luck or rather my fate (as Krystal would often insist on calling it) how I even would debut tomorrow. I mean it was all by chance that I heard my cousin listening to Supper junior 2 years back on my trip to Taiwan which got me into Kpop, all by chance that Brian invited to the Kpop festival and by pure luck that sm saw there and I got scouted for an audition, and them liking my voice was all luck, though getting dad to agree with my decision wasn't exactly a walk in the park. So much had changed in the past year. I had changed a lot. I was no longer the loner girl in LA  who was too shy to talk to anyone, too shy to even look anyone in the eye. I had friends. Jackie was right, having people in your life always makes life bearable. This place was already too lonely as it was, loneliness scared me. 

 The trainer had given us a 15-minute break after what seemed like dancing forever and while my nerves were getting worse, it seemed that my whole journey to this place had started to reel in front of my eyes. Our group was going to be the sister group of "GIRLS GENERATION" the fact alone had put a lot of pressure on our shoulders not to mention the concept that our going with how to put it - it was unorthodox, also I had to debut as a rapper despite a year of training was quite unsettling to me. I really needed to cool my head. I needed to talk to someone to let off some steam.

I checked my phone to see how much time was left off our break.

1 missed call from Wu at 11:42 pm. ah just 2-3 min before we took a break no wonder I had missed the call. I really needed this call. however it seemed to have become quite a routine for us, me and him missing each other's call ever since F(x)'s debut had been announced. 

Kris Wu or Kevin Wu as he was known back then had been one of my first comrades I had found friendship in. He had joined the company a few months earlier but the same year as me. The man was gorgeous to look at and anything but ordinary to be honest. with his talent, voice, and looks it still baffled me how he had yet to debut but then I had heard that SM  had been planning to for a supper boy group, with Junmyeon Oppa in it, so there was a high chance of Wu going to debut with them.

Wu to put it mildly was Odd- at least to me. The guy was born in China but had been brought up in Canada, so with all the traveling, you would have guessed the guy would have if not good but at least decent social skills. But Nah! guy refused to even smile wearing the perpetual frown on his face. It was a miracle how we even became friends in the first place but then again just like me and Henry, he was the foreigner and then again they said lonely souls often find comfort in each other, and over time I realized the many faces to Mr. Wu and he had become one of my closest friends. It did take me a lot of effort in making him comfortable with other friends, namely Henry. the two of them were the closest people but the two of them couldn't be more different, with Henry's snoopy like face and extremely childish easy going personality.  looking back made me realized how much impact did the friends I made had in my life. I really needed to talk to Wu at the moment for two reasons one being that it had been quite some time since the two of us had talked and the other being, I wanted him to cool my nerves since he somehow could always manage to miraculously manage to handle and cool them. the dude was my anti-anxiety pill

" Ams! Amber!" Krystal called me shaking her hand in front of my face," where have you be lost, stupid. Drink this, and get hydrated we will be starting in  2minitues". Krystal said shoving the energy drink to my face.

"Thanks, princess" I answered taking the drink from her

"It will be fine Ambs, we will be great now drink up we need to start, trainer is already giving us the stink eyes," Krystal said, offering her hand to help me get up.

" yeah I know, It's just my nerves are feeling a bit funny."

"tell me about it, amber I gotta rise up to the expectation that Jessica has set for me. otherwise, I won't ever hear the end of it from her" Krystal said shaking her head trying to remove the probability of the thought coming true.

"You and your Jung sibling rivalry, " I said shaking my head.

"you talk to him, Wu?" she asked taking her position

"maybe later" and that's when the music started.

                                                                  while the phone in a corner in the room started ringing " Wu calling"