chapter 4

The ordinary girl

His (pov)

2:30 am 1st September 2009

She must be still practicing, I thought looking at my phone for the umpteenth time staring at the number I wanted to call. F(x) was supposed to debut today, and I was nervous for the girl whose number I was starring at. I was worried about Amber considering how her nerves usually got the better of her.

I just wanted to wish her luck and congratulate her, it was going to be a new chapter, one that would change her whole life but then again I knew she was alone, her parents had flown all the way from LA to Seoul to support her, plus she would be busy with practice. they had been nonstop dancing for the past 2 days from what I could recall LuHan say, which really worried me.

After what seemed like the brooding of a lifetime I decided to call her.

she didn't answer on the first call or the second one nor the third, so I decided that the fourth one would be the last when-

"Yoeboseyo!" A tired voice answered

"you sound tired."

"Ah, it's you, Wu-"

"you shouldn't sound like that"

"well I have been in the practice room since forever, I won't be a fresh breeze exactly, I am a human "

"You supposed to debut in a few hours, that voice won't do and you know that unless you want to flop. Freshen up."

"Did you just call 3 am to nag at my tired self? why are you even up this late? I don't have tim-" the irritation in her voice increasing.

"I was worried about you. "I cut her before she would hang up on me

"Thanks and sorry I didn't mean to snap, it's just that it's been hard. It's been stressful and unnerving. I don't know I am scared that maybe people won't like... I don't know but at the same time it exciting it is, after all, going to be a new chapter in my life, one that going to shape it totally. It's been quite a whirlpool of things on my mind. I just hope things work out smo-"

"you will do great. It will be perfect just believe in yourself. you hear me, Amber Liu, they are going to love you and adore you, just like I do. You are going to be fine.... you are great and you will do great. ok?"

"ok, wow! never knew late nights made you honest like that. We should do this late-night talking often, you know to just to boot my morale you know" I could hear her chuckle

"Yeah yeah, not gonna happen. I love my sleep at night, not gonna let anyone mess them up not even you. you better freshen up and do mind-blowing performance. I don't want to hear otherwise I will hang up now, bye"

"Yes, sir will do that. good night and bye!"

With that the call had ended, but not my worry for the girl. I was right, she really was scared, only now a little better.

This was going to be a long sleepless night for both of us and wished and prayed to God that everything would go smoothly for both our sakes. That was the effect Of Amber Liu on me, something which even I couldn't understand or explain. She managed to worry me over her, pray for her, lose my sleep over her nerves. This girl really had me rooting for her.