chapter 5

The ordinary girl

His(pov)

July 2010 

"So what are you doing now, no basketball today, how come you don't play it anymore......tch! you lazy boy only thing you do is sleep" My dear mother started to complain. The poor woman would be really worried about me and knew very well how much I hated to physically exert myself and the only form of exercise in would willingly do was only while playing the said game in question.

'Hey, Ma! I ain't lazy it's just I can't play not that I don't want to. Junmeoyn is busy with school while Xuimin had some trek planned today with his friends and it not exactly fun playing the game with Luhan only' I answered the phone.

" what about that girl who you are always with, that girl Amber, haven't her name in a while, all good? "

'Yeah, Ma all good with her. Actually, it's been a while since I have heard from her (much less meet her` I mumbled that to myself ). She has been quite busy these days you know with their latest single and promotions, so we haven't been able to hang out much these days you know. Ma I have been dancing for 6 hours and I am hungry, so if you will can I please go and eat. take care buh-bye'

"wait for a minu-" and with that, I ended the call.

 My mother would sometimes take it too far with her probing and digging too deep into my affairs way too far, and as much as I loved the woman for how much she cared for it would often come as overwhelming border-lining to overbearing. But in all honestly, if anyone mentioned Amber's name, I would get irritated.

The said girl had been clearly quite busy with her group activities and their recent reality program, Hello f(x). F(x) was doing really good these days, their single"NuABO" had reached no.1 single on the chart and honestly, couldn't be happier for them.

It had been almost a year since we last played together or spent proper time together.... it had been almost 2 months since we had our last conversation over the phone. We had grown apart from each other slowly but gradually, not that it was intentional but it just happened somehow and I had now gotten used to the new routine of life without her.  

Thinking all these things would really give me a headache, and I was dead tired as it was with all the practice. Dancing wasn't exactly my cup of tea and would demand way too much physical exertion than I would like to exert. thank GodI had I had showered and all that was left to was to heat my cup ramen and eat it, and then I would be free to return to my dear bed.

***************************************

2 July 2010

Her(pov)

  This year had been busy, to put it mildly.  From the promotions of 'lollipop' to hello(x) to NuABO promotions, our schedule had been tight. I had just returned from Taiwan following my promotion there for Danson Tangs 'I AM BACK'  in which I had been featuring as a rapper when the group had started preparing for our Mr.Boogie" performance on MBC Music Core. I guess I was still very tired since we had started practicing the next morning I had arrived that I didn't realize that I had twisted my ankle but still continued to dance, I guess I was too drunk on my fatigue to have even felt the pain. it was only when we took a break that I had realized the damage done to my ankles.

  F(x) had performed "Mr. Boogie" without Amber. I had somehow managed to fracture my ankle (I still blame my brittle chicken ankles)  which had caused a lot of chaos at the company, they had somehow managed to adjust my parts with Krystal and Victoria and the group had some been able to perform the song. The company had already announced my Hiatus following my injury and that is how my unofficial vacation following my injury had started. Even I admit the injury had given me the much-needed break that I needed but watching the girls perform without me on the stage while I had to sit on a chair and watch them made me feel frustrated. To be honest, I was feeling quite guilty that I wasn't there with them to help promote. well maybe not only guilty but also lonely since I would have to either sit and watch them perform or stay in the dorm and brood over my clumsiness. I guess I was made for this Idol life since now I was having withdrawal symptoms of a workaholic.

Apparently, the news of my injury had caught fire, and somehow everyone knew about it, my parents had been asking me to come back to L.A for the time being you know give me the healing time which I was in need of A/C to my Mom erstwhile all my friends here had been fussing over me for the past week. Henry had been really annoying with his lame jokes and the awful soup he would make. the dude insisted to bring me dinner every night which be the same awful attempt at a soup that he would make for me. I loved the snoopy guy to bits, but the man just couldn't cook and there was no way to tell him that without breaking his heart. So when Kris who had come last night following his daily visit after my injury, invited me for Ddeukbokki, I just had to jump at the wonderful opportunity.

"mmh! man this is it, this what we live for. ah ah spicy but tasty. I was made for this Ddeubokki and it was made for me." I announced to the world

"Aish! Can you please eat like a human even if it's hard for you to be one?" Kris snapped at me, wiping the sauce off my face."Really you really live to eat not eat to live."

"Well in all honesty just this and my life is complete, You would never understand the hardships of my life, not being able to play as I like is one but not being able to eat this miracle of man.... was so hard for me, my tears are my witness," I said wiping the fake tears that had formed due to the spiciness.

"you can drink water, Amb's no need to pretended otherwise, it would be better if you had milk instead," he said moving towards the fridge to pour a glass of milk.

"Here drink it, you will feel better, no need to hog on your dinner nobody is going to run away with it" he said passing the glass to me

" Gee thanks!.... hmn better, by the way, how did you manage to sneak it inside my without the manager noticing. They really have been very strict about our diets especially these days."

'I have got my ways, nobody has been able to resist by charm exactly, people just don't know how to say to a handsome cute guy like me.' he smirked, shrugging his shoulder.

" yeah yeah tell me about the charming face of a frowning prince who doesn't know how to smile, not exactly very appealing. No seriously how did you manage to sneak in" I insisted and slapped his arm.

"ok fine I used that kid, Sehun to distract your manager with a fake stomach ache while I sneaked into your room, so basically she doesn't even know I am here"

"Aw poor Sehunnie! is always the one who gets sacrificed like that poor guy I feel so bad for him, last time too he got into a lot of trouble just for our sake to get us those tuna Kimbamp's,"

"Well not my fault, he volunteered, he was really wanted to do something to cheer up his favorite Noona, gotta admit the kid is quite cute like a puppy." He said taking a seat next to me after clearing up the dishes, while I switched on the television, they had been broadcasting an old repeat of the NBA finals that I had missed.

"Aww yes he is, remind to get him a lot of chocolates when I come back from L.A. he deserves them for all that he ha to go through for me"

"So you are leaving tomorrow?"

"yup tomorrow, you know how mothers are, she has threatened to send Jackie to take care of me otherwise and you and I both know, when she comes I would have to take care of her instead of her taking care of me." I shuddered at the thought of that. Jackie may be my elder sister but Jesus as my witness the woman needed a grown-up to take care of her, people called me unruly and loud here, but amongst the two of us, I was definitely the mature one.

"yeah I know, it's better for you to leave for States, I don't think that you have been home ever since you have landed, plus it would be a change of air for you. You have been quite busy these past months. I guess you should thank your injury that you finally breathe"

"Gee thanks Wu made me feel really better about my injury" I answered back sarcastically." but yeah you are right, I can finally breathe. I mean look at me this injury even gave me a chance to spend time with you like the old times. I really have been too busy, I mean I just realized that I saw your face after almost a year when you came the day before yesterday. I guess it comes with the package of being an Idol, I guess Dad was right about the sacrifice thingy, honestly no one really told me that it was going to be this hard." I said shifting my gaze from the TV to his face as he ruffled my hair, clearly, I wasn't into the game on the Tv today which was a first, but then again it had also been the first time that I had missed a live Laker's match. A lot had changed since last year and I was sure that I was going to miss even more matches in the coming days. While staring at him I realized that he had gotten a bit taller and had put on some muscles on his lean frame, Wu had grown even more gorgeous in the one year that I hadn't seen him.

"Yeah, that is true, we hadn't seen each other in a year, now that you are an idol you have forgotten about your friends. too famous to be friends." He teased, "I'm just kidding Liu, I know you have been busy. you have been working hard And you are doing good. Knowing that is enough for me, I will always be there when you miss me." And with that, he pulled me into a bear hug which brought a smile to my face. He really knew how to cheer me up. It felt nice to know that even after a year he was the one who had my back. I was content knowing that even if the situation between us had changed, even though we hadn't met in a year he was there.

If only I knew otherwise then.

"Thank you it means a lot" I answered and pulled myself out of his bear hug only to push him aside, while I shifted my attention back to the game.

"And that is how mamba does it. Lakers Go yeah!  " I exclaimed as Kobe dunked his 13 th basket leading the Lakers to victory.